Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why this year is GUARANTEED to be better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why this year is GUARANTEED to be better...

by leaps and bounds...

we have had a team that quit on their coach a year and a half ago..

the quitters mostly got pink slips when we got a new coach..

there is talent on this team and some guys that want to prove something.. not just lose and go home to the mailbox and get their check..

our offense may be one of the best in the league this year (laugh if you must) and we will need that to keep our D off the field as much as possible..

there is no reason we cannot win the ball control battle with the o'line and running game we SHOULD have..

the only thing that could blow this deal sky high in my mind is if Bulger quits again, or falls down and hurts his little hand again..

he is our leader, and he quit on us..

if he comes to make ammends this year, the skies the limit in my mind... no significant injuries and i say we make the playoffs !!!!

GO RAMS !!! I BELIEVE !!!

Re: Why this year is GUARANTEED to be better...

Bulger quit on us? lol What?
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

we have had a team that quit on their coach a year and a half ago..
      Spags said the one thing this team did last year was play hard until the end, not sure where you got that from.

Comment

i am drawing my opionions from watching the games... watching the eye rolling, the repeated berating of the HC on the sidelines during games.. watching defenders pull up and let guys get by.. thats where i get what i said..

so bulger didnt quit ?? i respectfully disagree.. he took a beating and still lined up, but to me he quit playing to win..

whats the new coach supposed to come in and say ?? i inherited a load of quitters ?? he said what a great bunch of hard workers, and then sent half of them down the road.. bulger would have gone too if it were financially feasable..

i was/am a bulger supporter.. he was playing for a guy that shouldnt be coaching anything above high school level.. and appeared to want to get bulger sacked as much as possible... limpahand was a joke as a coach.. im sure i would have quit too..

i didnt mean to be negative but bulger has to prove he's still an NFL quaterback.. and actually that should be a good thing for this year..

im a ram fan to the core.. and the last 2 years were painful to watch...

but it will make this years playoff run that much more sweet !!!

Go Rams !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rambos View Post
          Spags said the one thing this team did last year was play hard until the end, not sure where you got that from.
          i should have said a segment of the team appeared to quit..

after ditching Linehan for one of the worst Defensive Co-ord's in the game we came out with fire and won a couple of games.. against good teams..

your telling me something didnt happen to that team ??

just my 2cents..

and its just an opinion formed from the couch after having your heart broke.. so its subject to be wrong..

Comment

I agree that a more then a few where done with Linny, but they still played hard. IMO

Comment

I think you're right that this year will be better. Even if the team goes 3-13, it will be a better year because we're heading in the right direction, regardless of the score.

What I don't understand it why you (and others) believe Bulger has to prove he's still an NFL QB. I guess I just don't understand reasons behind that line of thinking. When you think about what makes a good QB, arm strength, decision making, accuracy, pocket presence etc. which one's exactly has Bulger regressed in that he needs to prove himself in? Rather than say he needs to prove himself as a QB, tell me specifically which ones are different than his good years. Arm strength? Me thinks not. Accuracy? No reason for it to change. Decision making? If so, how exactly does someone regress in that?

*shoots self in face for contributing to another Bulger argument*

I do appreciate you passion longfan. Enjoy the game today

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
                I think you're right that this year will be better. Even if the team goes 3-13, it will be a better year because we're heading in the right direction, regardless of the score.

What I don't understand it why you (and others) believe Bulger has to prove he's still an NFL QB. I guess I just don't understand reasons behind that line of thinking. When you think about what makes a good QB, arm strength, decision making, accuracy, pocket presence etc. which one's exactly has Bulger regressed in that he needs to prove himself in? Rather than say he needs to prove himself as a QB, tell me specifically which ones are different than his good years. Arm strength? Me thinks not. Accuracy? No reason for it to change. Decision making? If so, how exactly does someone regress in that?

*shoots self in face for contributing to another Bulger argument*

I do appreciate you passion longfan. Enjoy the game today

bulger still has the tools to be great... thats not even up for debate in my eyes...

but he seems to be becoming Jim Everett.. he has been hit so much he makes bad decisions.. and to me has happy feet..

lets hope this re-tooled O'line and a true blocking FB give him the time to regain some of his old form..

fella's.. its this simple.. we better hope Bulgers funk can be attributed to the mental aspect of the game..

im rooting for a Pro-Bowl year for Bulger and the other 50+ guys on the team..

Go Rams !!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Spiderwolf
                  This team is pitiful!
                  by Spiderwolf
                  is this team EVER going to get better? This team is pitiful. We have a bad quarterback, a bad running back, no offense,no defense and a horrible, horrible coach. You people can defend Bulger and Jackson all you want but those guys cant start for most other teams in my opinion. Both of them are extremely over-rated! This team went downhill when Bulger became the starting quarterback over Warner and its never recovered! I want to know when we can expect changes. This team will be lucky to win one or two games all year!
                  -09-21-2008, 08:06 PM
                • RamWraith
                  Bulger Benched: CONFIRMED!
                  by RamWraith
                  By Jeff Gordon
                  STLTODAY.COM SPORTS COLUMNIST
                  10/02/2007

Columnist Jeff Gordon
                  (E-mail a "Letter to Gordo")
                  The Rams coaching staff remains dedicated to getting the absolute best from quarterback Marc Bulger.

Scott Linehan said so Monday. So did offensive coordinator Greg Olson.

So we can’t understand why these guys left Bulger in to die at Dallas on Sunday. Their explanations were unsatisfactory to say the least.

The Rams had back-up quarterback Gus Frerotte ready to play. He is a top-notch back-up, good enough to start for many teams. He worked with the first-team offense during the week. He knows this offense inside out and, in fact, has run it as well as Bulger ever has.

And yet, Bulger trudged onto the field again and again and again Sunday to absorb punishment and fail. Rams football writer Jim Thomas prodded Linehan on this topic the next day.

“The decision was made based on whether he was capable of doing his job,” Linehan said. “Last year he played with a very similar injury and he played his best football. He’s our quarterback. So if he’s not in the game, we feel we’ve not given ourselves the best chance to win.”

Last year was last year. This year is this year. Bulger is NOT playing his best football with this injury. In fact, he looks nothing like his old reliable self.

Olson said that sticking with the quarterback was a matter of trust.

“You’ve got to believe Marc Bulger and Marc’s been honest with us,” Olson said. “There is no reason not to believe Marc. Marc says ‘Hey, I can go.’ I believe in Marc Bulger. I believe his word.”

Linehan decided to start Bulger based on progress he saw leading into the game.

“He was feeling better,” Linehan said. “He had a much better week of practice last week.”

OK, but what about his play Sunday? Never mind what he said and never mind how he looked throwing against the scout team.

Bulger didn’t come close to leading the Rams anywhere against the Cowboys. Several of his throws were just terrible. He rushed passes to his primary target. He didn’t work through his progressions.

And he admitted throwing a ball up for grabs in the end zone -– just hoping something good would finally happen.

It didn’t. That interception was the most glaring sign that Bulger wasn’t right.

“Last year he threw 21 touchdown passes in the red zone without an interception,” Linehan said. “This year we’ve already had a couple of turnovers down there. We’ve got to get back to that. We have not changed play types . . . we have not changed anything. We have to change our execution. It all comes down to that.”

But how? Olson talked about the need to protect Bulger better, to make him more comfortable in the pocket. That should settle him down, the...
                  -10-02-2007, 03:53 PM
                • rob6465
                  Why so much hate for bulger?
                  by rob6465
                  I'm sorry but brees/manning or brady would not do much with the present Rams. Most Ram FANS or fans in general do not realize that in 2006 Bulger had a decent team and he was the 3rd best QB in the NFL. Bulger had better stats than Favre, palmer, brady, roth, eli, etc, etc. Bulger is only 32 yrs old, which is 1 year younger than Mcnabb and he has had a more than decent QB rating if you remove the last 2 years. This Rams team has been plagued with injuries and have lost many good players. Bulger has good precision just does not have enough time in the pocket.

I like Bulger and if he had a good line would be one of the good QB's in the league. PEOPLE, put all these QB's in the playoffs with the rams this year.....2 wins? 4? 16? This team has holes and no QB will fill those holes, not even jhoe montana. For a team this bad, look at Bulger's stats last 6 yrs and look at the stats of QB's his age with better teams.
                  -01-17-2010, 05:49 AM
                • r8rh8rmike
                  Bulger Admits This Is His Last Chance
                  by r8rh8rmike
                  Bulger admits this is his last chance
                  by Alex Marvez

Updated: June 18, 2009

EARTH CITY, Mo. - Quarterbacks like Marc Bulger sometimes don't get a second chance.

Rarely will they get a third.

This isn't lost on Bulger when the subject is broached inside an office at St. Louis Rams headquarters. The franchise has won just five games in two seasons — the NFL's longest stretch of futility for a non-expansion team since the 1995-1996 New York Jets. That's usually enough losing to trigger a change under center.

Bulger got a mulligan last offseason when the Rams passed on drafting Matt Ryan, instead selecting DE Chris Long No. 2 overall. But after another miserable season, the Rams could very well have opted to start from scratch at the position.

They didn't. Then this spring St. Louis eschewed acquiring another veteran starter or selecting a quarterback with the second overall pick in April's draft.

For this, Bulger is grateful. But he also knows the Rams aren't going to have much more patience without a relatively quick turnaround.

"I understand we have to win," Bulger told FOXSports.com after a recent offseason practice. "It's not fair to our fans or the ownership. If we don't, I know it starts with me.

"It's probably my final chance."

Bulger and defensive end Leonard Little are the last player ties to the franchise's glory days from early this decade. Both are the only remaining members of the 2001 Rams that were upset by New England in Super Bowl XXXV. Bulger went from reserve to starter the following season when replacing an injured Kurt Warner and won the position outright in 2003. For a spell, Bulger was considered in the upper tier of NFL quarterbacks.

But while Warner has since reinvented himself in Arizona, the 32-year-old Bulger has faded in what should be the prime of his career. Playing behind a shoddy offensive line, Bulger has completed a full 16-game season just once while being sacked 228 times in a six-year span.

At same time, the franchise around Bulger has crumbled because of poor personnel decisions and ineffective head coaching. Team owner Georgia Frontiere died in January 2008, leaving an uncertain future for the club in St. Louis.

"I remember when we were winning, the days were longer and it was fun coming in," Bulger said. "You go out to eat with your buddies and tell stories. But the last two years when you're losing every week, you just go home after. You don't celebrate. You think, 'What did I do?'

"The whole building had a different feeling. Not just the players, but everybody used to want to come to work and be part of the Rams. It just seems like when you lose, people wanted to start to disassociate themselves. There's supposed to be some fun involved in professional...
                  -06-18-2009, 08:06 PM
                • Curly Horns
                  Should Bulger Ride The Pine?
                  by Curly Horns
                  Would like to know what the other members think at this point.

I know the offensive line is not the greatest, but come on, today from my seat in the stands, Bulger was downright awful. He made some plays, but he squandered just as many oportunities and he had enough time when those opportunities arose.

The way I figure it, linehan is pretty much a lame duck. Seems to me he should go down fighting and shake things up by sitting Bulger.
                  -09-21-2008, 11:07 PM
                Working...
                X