Incognito a changed man, huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incognito a changed man, huh?

So much for a quiet pre-season. He has learned absolutely nothing- two more unsportsmanlike conduct penalties which cost his team valuable field position and a false start penalty thrown in for good measure. Get rid of his ass now- I don't care what you get for him; it could be a bag of footballs for all I care. He is exactly what we DON'T need. Sign a guy off the practice squad or orchestrate a trade for some guy that will get you through the season- I'm not sitting through another season of this idiot showing no poise and costing us games.

At least Spagnuolo had the guts to sit him.

Re: Incognito a changed man, huh?

Yep. If he's on the team next week I'll be pissed. He doesn't deserve to be on our team.

Comment

I'm glad that Spags sat him. Overdue in my book.

Comment

He deserved to get the benefit of the doubt under a new coaching staff, but it's clear that he'll never change his moronic and stupid ways. I'm usually against rash decisions, but in this case I wouldn't be mad if he was let go this week. Cogs probably, hopefully, has started his last game in the NFL. Lets see what Greco has full time.
        I believe!:ram:

Comment

Originally posted by TekeRam View Post
          Lets see what Greco has full time.
          He has a bad wrist, will be back in 3-6 weeks.

Comment

this post is really sad with everything that went wrong today why don't we now talk about getting rid of bulger to. SJ39 didn't have a very good day why dont we get rid of him. Oh lets not forget the defense forget to play the whole game. How bout we get rid of more receivers. Once again the only positive thing coming out of today's game is the play from Donnie Jones.

Comment

Oh yeah, my bad
              I believe!:ram:

Comment

Originally posted by maxxdigger View Post
                this post is really sad with everything that went wrong today why don't we now talk about getting rid of bulger to. SJ39 didn't have a very good day why dont we get rid of him. Oh lets not forget the defense forget to play the whole game. How bout we get rid of more receivers. Once again the only positive thing coming out of today's game is the play from Donnie Jones.
                There is a difference. Cogs lost us two scores...

Comment

He will be a changed man tomorrow

We goes from a pro football player to an unemployed idiot that will have to leave St. Louis

Comment

Cogs was getting provoked by Mebane, however a proper footballer needs to be able to hold it in check, and get back by scoring on that D, not beating on guys
                    @EssexRam_

Comment

SEATTLE – St. Louis Rams RG Richie Incognito has been yanked from the game after committing his second personal-foul penalty, early in the second half. Adam Goldberg came in for Incognito after his penalty put the Rams in a 2nd-and-20 hole.

It remains 14-0 Seahawks with 8:57 left in the third quarter.

He hurts us again and he can't block period he stinks!
                      Last edited by Rambos; -09-13-2009, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdh008 View Post
                        I'm glad that Spags sat him. Overdue in my book.
                        Spags didn't sit him, he got ejected. 2 personal fouls and you're out. I've stuck up for this idiot in the past, but I am DONE with this fool and hope the Rams are too. The other teams know he's a hot head so they try to get him riled up and he falls for it everytime. He got caught twice, and could have had a few more called if a ref would've been looking in his direction more often. He claimed he had matured and would be a changed man on game day, but proved the exact opposite today. I don't care how good he is...is he though really?...there is no place on this team for a guy who can't keep his emotions in check. I know Spags loves him, but I think that love affair is over. Adios dumbass.

Comment

I have defended Cogs before, but not this time. He was way out of line. He was not the only Ram to lose his composure however, and this whole team needs to cool down. Is there a replacement for Cogs available? If so, then I say go for it. Cogs should sit.
                          A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Comment

Is there a way to replace the whole team? I thought the first half, for the most part, was a typical Rams/Seahawks debacle. But, then ... WOW ... this was a sad showing! Welcome back to the 2009 season of mediocrity and un-enthusiasium!

Comment

See ya, dude. He's been paid WAY more than any human being should be paid for playing a game; and he plays it badly, 'cuz he's a big ol' baby. I'm SO done with this brat. I'm done with most of this team, honestly. Prima Donnas, all of them!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MauiRam
                                Rams' Incognito out to change his ways .. from PFW.
                                by MauiRam
                                By Dan Arkush
                                Picking up on the very positive vibe team sources tell us has been produced by new strength and conditioning coach Rock Gullickson, we hear that no Rams player has been more fired up than starting ORG Rich Incognito. Word is Incognito has set the pace in the weight room this offseason and has really made a strong first impression on new head coach Steve Spagnuolo, who likes his linemen to be as physical as the rules allow. Abiding by the rules, however, has been a well-documented problem for Incognito, whose ill-timed behavioral brain cramps have made him the No. 1 whipping boy for frustrated Rams fans the last couple of seasons. Incognito is on record this offseason as saying he wants to become “a more mature player” — a smart move on his part considering that he’s entering his contract year. “With everything he’s done, I’ll believe it when I see it,” one team insider said. “There’s no doubt he fits Spagnuolo’s mold and has a chance to make a lot of money.”
                                -07-10-2009, 08:54 PM
                              • r8rh8rmike
                                Rams' Ritchie Incognito: "I'm a marked man"/The Incognito File
                                by r8rh8rmike
                                Rams' Richie Incognito: "I'm a marked man"

By Bill Coats
                                ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                                09/18/2009

As popular as Richie Incognito is in the Rams' locker room, where he's venerated as a staunch defender of his teammates, he's equally ostracized around the NFL, where he's regarded by some of his adversaries as an unscrupulous hothead.

After Incognito was whistled for four penalties, including two personal fouls, in a 2007 game against Arizona, Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett said the NFL "is going to have to do something about (Incognito), because one day he's going to really injure somebody's career. The guy was trying to hurt some of our guys."

Last year, Seattle linebacker Leroy Hill noted that there are "just a few in the league who take cheap shots, go low at you when they're not supposed to go low, like when you're not looking. … He's one of them."

As a result:

— Opponents do what they can to get under Incognito's skin, trying to elicit a reaction.

"One of the fundamentals of the game is trying to exploit someone else's weaknesses," said CBS analyst Dan Dierdorf, a Hall of Fame offensive lineman with the old St. Louis Cardinals. "You realize where another guy is flawed and how to take advantage of that."

— Officials constantly keep a close eye on Incognito for any indiscretion.

"I know when I'm going out there Sundays I'm being watched," said the 6-foot-3, 324-pound Incognito, the Rams' right guard. "I'm a marked man."

Incognito, 26, said in the spring that he dedicated the offseason to trying to scrape away that reputation. "Just growing, being a more mature football player and eliminating the penalties," he said. "That's really the emphasis for me."

Yet Incognito already has re-ignited the furor by drawing two personal-foul calls in the Rams' 28-0 season-opening loss at Seattle.

Angry fans on sports-talk shows and Internet forums have called for his release, arguing that enough is enough. But first-year head coach Steve Spagnuolo is standing up for his man.

"I trust Richie — I like his passion," Spagnuolo said. "When the passion leads to penalties, that's not a good thing. But I'd rather have that problem than trying to motivate the guys to love the game of football."

'I PLAY WITH PASSION'

No one questions Incognito's love for football. "I care a lot about the game," he said. "I play with passion. I play with fire. And I play to win."

He's been doing so since he was a youngster in Glendale, Ariz. At Mountain Ridge High he developed into one of the nation's most sought-after linemen.

He chose Nebraska and quickly earned a first-team...
                                -09-18-2009, 12:19 PM
                              • RamWraith
                                Incognito wonders when he'll get to play
                                by RamWraith
                                By Jim Thomas
                                ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                                Tuesday, Sep. 20 2005

The Rams' game Sunday against Arizona was supposed to be a homecoming for
                                rookie offensive lineman Richie Incognito. His family has lived in Glendale, a
                                northwest suburb of Phoenix, since Richie was in sixth grade.

But the only weekend game involving the Incognito family was younger brother
                                Derek's Pop Warner football debut Saturday for the Deer Valley Barracudas.
                                Incognito, a third-round draft pick in April, remains unsigned. He attended
                                Sunday's 17-12 Rams victory at Sun Devil Stadium, but as a spectator.

"It's a rare situation," Incognito said. "But I've been in a lot of odd
                                situations in my life. So it's one of many for me."

Several on-the-field and off-the-field incidents - including fights and
                                suspensions - derailed Incognito's college football career. He last played at
                                the University of Nebraska in 2003. Incognito, now 22, says he's changing.

"Stuff happens," Incognito said. "Everyone goes through young, wild days.
                                Definitely, I've had my days. But days like that are numbered. You can't go on
                                like that forever. I want to live a long life. And you've got to just put those
                                days behind you."

Maybe those experiences prepared Incognito for his current situation. Maybe
                                not. In any event, he remains the only player unsigned in the entire 2005
                                draft.

The Rams and Incognito remain apart on contract terms, and the basic dynamics
                                of the dispute have remained the same for weeks:

The Rams are offering Incognito a signing bonus that's $117,000 less than the
                                market value on a three-year deal for a player taken in his slot (81st
                                overall).

Incognito and his agent (Jack Scharf) want a market deal. The Rams say that's
                                impossible because they don't have enough money left in their rookie cap to do
                                so.

Incognito and Scharf say the Rams could make up the difference with a one-time
                                incentive tied to playing time later in the contract.

As a matter of team policy, the Rams say they don't include such features in
                                contracts for non-first-rounders.

So Incognito remains in Phoenix, working out, rehabbing from kneecap surgery
                                and waiting. He met with the Post-Dispatch Saturday at the Rams' team hotel in
                                Phoenix.

"It's given me a good insight into this business," Incognito said. "This isn't
                                college, where it's, 'OK, we want you to come play. Here's your room and
                                board.' This is just business. They want something from me. Obviously, I want
                                something in return. That's kind of where we're at."

Incognito attended the Rams' minicamps...
                                -09-21-2005, 04:44 AM
                              • .ramfan.
                                Incognito Recovering Well
                                by .ramfan.
                                Incognito Recovering Well
                                Monday, March 20, 2006

By Nick Wagoner
                                Senior Writer

It has been almost three years since Richie Incognito last played in a football game. On Monday, he took an important step toward getting back on the field when he showed up for the beginning of the Rams’ offseason conditioning program.

Although the program is “voluntary” it is well known that participation is strongly encouraged. But Incognito didn’t need much in the way of prodding. His long absence from the field, an absence caused by disciplinary problems and injuries, is coming close to an end.

“The knee is feeling strong, the leg is feeling strong,” Incognito said. “Everything is feeling good. I am getting real close to 100 percent. I am moving around. My main focus when I was down in Arizona training was just to get strong again and gain strength so when I start moving around and getting closer back to 100 percent.”

It’s no wonder that Incognito is getting antsy to put the pads on, get on the field and participate in actual contact drills. Since his final appearance in college way back in 2003, Incognito has had nothing but obstacles keeping him from getting to the field.

After attempting to transfer from Nebraska to Oregon and being unable to fulfill that desire, Incognito ended up declaring for the NFL Draft after sitting out his junior year.

Incognito appeared back on the right track with an impressive workout at the NFL combine, but suffered a serious injury to his right knee just before the draft. That injury on top of the questions about his off the field incidents led to Incognito’s slipping to the third round.

The Rams scooped him up with the 81st pick in the draft and stashed him on the roster while holding out hope that he might be able to make it back to the game at some point during the season.

Incognito spent most of his time working out near his home in Arizona in an effort to rehabilitate and get on the field. Of course, none of it mattered until he signed a contract with the Rams.

A lengthy contract stalemate finally ended on Sept. 29, when Incognito agreed to a contract with the team. He was put on the injured reserve/non-football injury list soon after signing. That move allowed him additional time to recover and still hold out hopes of contributing without having to eat up a roster spot.

Finally, on Oct. 20, Incognito put on the pads and participated in practice. But Incognito pushed a little too far on that day, including a small scuffle with Tyoka Jackson. It was the first and last time he practiced during the season. He was placed on injured reserve in November, ending his season.

The inability to be on the field has been difficult for Incognito while he rehabs.

“It’s hard coming in, especially in your rookie...
                                -03-20-2006, 02:51 PM
                              • RamFan_Til_I_Die
                                Rams Notebook: Incognito plagued with penalties
                                by RamFan_Til_I_Die
                                Rams Notebook: Incognito plagued with penalties
                                BY JIM THOMAS
                                ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                                09/14/2009

SEATTLE — In terms of the Rams' woeful recent past, coach Steve Spagnuolo has wiped the slate clean. For Richie Incognito, it's a good thing that's the case.

That's because Incognito was flagged for 35 yards worth of penalties Sunday in Seattle, two of which were personal fouls for unnecessary roughness that killed Rams drives. After the second personal foul, Incognito was replaced by Adam Goldberg with 10 minutes to play in the third quarter.

But Goldberg was in for only the rest of that possession — two plays — and a three-and-out series on the next, before Incognito returned and finished out the game.

"I told (Incognito), I still have confidence in him," Spagnuolo said. "I don't lose confidence in a guy in one game. I think Richie's one of our passionate guys, I really do. He plays his butt off. It's just sometimes, you've got to temper that a little bit, that's all."

Incognito said he appreciated the support from the head coach.

"It does mean a lot to me," Incognito said. "I don't want to disappoint him. I've got the team riding on my shoulders on this one — they need me to stop committing fouls. It's something I've worked very hard at. And you come out here and it's first-game jitters. And you let one pop off."

(Actually two, in terms of personal foul penalties.)

"I'm going to keep working hard at trying to step my mental game up," Incognito said. "My physical game is there. I had a hell of a game. I played very well. But it's very disappointing to have it overshadowed by stupid mistakes."

Incognito has a history of personal fouls, and more than one opposing player over the years has referred to him as a dirty player. Make no mistake, NFL officiating crews are aware of his reputation as well.

"I know going out there on Sundays I'm being watched," Incognito said. "I know I'm a marked man. My reputation precedes me."

Tyree to visit — The Rams had only four wide receivers available for Sunday's season opener, but that could change in a hurry. League sources told the Post-Dispatch that former New York Giants wide receiver David Tyree is scheduled to visit the Rams today and take a physical.

Baltimore and Jacksonville also are showing interest in Tyree, who was one of the Super Bowl heroes for New York two seasons ago with his "Helmet Catch" on the game-winning touchdown drive. Tyree also has a reputation as an excellent special teams player.

Hall starts — James Hall started at right defensive end instead of Chris Long, but Hall, Long and Leonard Little basically rotated at the two end positions.

Adeyanju sits — In a surprising move, defensive...
                                -09-14-2009, 08:39 AM
                              Working...
                              X