Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just want to vent

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just want to vent

    So before I start I should say that I hate this board. I joined last year and after a few months couldn't stand it. For some reason the people on this board don't understand irony or sarcasm in any way. And once they form an opinion on something, they are either incapable or just too stubborn to listen to an opposing argument.

    I remember one time there was a thread discussing who the best WR in the NFL was, and I listed something like 1. Andre Johnson, 2. Calvin Johnson, 3. William Franklin, 4. Justin Gage, 5. Brad Smith. Now to anyone with a brain I was obviously being sarcastic and listing three Tigers' players since I am a huge fan. But apparently nobody has a brain here because everyone freaked. Four different people put negative points on my reputation arguing that Housh, and Fitz, and Moss were sooo much better than Gage and Franklin, and even though I don't care at all about reputation points I thought it was really sad that they could be so offended by a joke.


    And then in a discussion about Bulger where everyone was saying if he could just get some protection he would be a top QB again. I simply said, "The only times he has done well is when he has been sacked over 40 times." It was completely true, I just found it ironic. Yet one guy flipped a sh!t over me saying that. He apparently thought I was saying that Bulger can only do good when he is getting sacked and he claimed I had no knowledge about football, and had never watched a game. Of course I knew this guy was an idiot, but for some reason I get an official warning from the AvengerRam guy saying it was "Completely uncalled for" for me to defend myself after he said all that about me. He also said that I just have to know when to stop as if my argument was terrible and that the other guy was 100% right. Now this might have been because from what I saw Avenger Ram is one of those people I was talking about earlier that will not listen to any opposing arguments (especially if anyone says anything bad about Bulger). But that just pissed me off so I never came back to this board until now.

    Bulger and the Rams terrible play today just reminded me about how much I hate this board and I thought I would come here just to vent.

    I know what everyone is gonna say, but I don't really care, because after this thread there is a good chance I won't be back again.

  • #2
    Re: Just want to vent

    I'm sorry that you've had these negative experiences here on the board, but do not give up on us because of a few bad experiences, there are plenty of fun guys to chat with on here that also love the Rams. Hopefully you'll change your mind and you'll come back to share some good chit chat & laughs with us. Be Blessed!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Just want to vent

      Why would anybody waste time talking this prick into sticking around. Good riddance.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Just want to vent

        You are a contradiction. You hate the forums, and don't care what we say, yet you post on these boards? It doesn't make sense. No one cares what you have to say either. What did you expect when you rip on the Rams...on a Rams forum? Did you think we'd be friendly about it? You can voice your opinion all you want, it's a free country, but we have just enough of a right to talk back to you. Everything you have said is your own opinion, yet your angry that people disagree with you. That's life, get used to it. You "remember" a thread? It bothered you that much? That's just sad.
        Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Just want to vent

          Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
          You are a contradiction. You hate the forums, and don't care what we say, yet you post on these boards? It doesn't make sense. No one cares what you have to say either. What did you expect when you rip on the Rams...on a Rams forum? Did you think we'd be friendly about it? You can voice your opinion all you want, it's a free country, but we have just enough of a right to talk back to you. Everything you have said is your own opinion, yet your angry that people disagree with you. That's life, get used to it. You "remember" a thread? It bothered you that much? That's just sad.
          This is what I hate about these boards. People read what they want to instead of what is actually there. I never EVER ripped on the Rams. And nobody ever disagreed with me, they just disagreed with what they thought they read. I say one thing, people read it as me saying something negative and then they just ***** and moan. And I already said that I don't post on these boards, I just wanted vent, because the Rams game pissed me off so much. So I guess that means I'm not a contradiction? Yeahhhh...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Just want to vent

            wow!!! i love the rams but most fans are very ignorant...ive defended bulger for as long as i could but after today ive given up hope...after we release him hell prolly sign with the cardinals and take them to a superbowl lmao...i just want a new qb..i want jevean sneed,sam bradford or colt mccoy whoever spags thinks is his guy..btw the only bright spots today were j lau and laurent robinson

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Just want to vent

              Ok, well no one's forcing you to be on these forums. Misinterpretation or not, your acting like a little child.
              Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Just want to vent

                Originally posted by iStillBelieve View Post
                So before I start I should say that I hate this board. I joined last year and after a few months couldn't stand it. For some reason the people on this board don't understand irony or sarcasm in any way. And once they form an opinion on something, they are either incapable or just too stubborn to listen to an opposing argument.

                I remember one time there was a thread discussing who the best WR in the NFL was, and I listed something like 1. Andre Johnson, 2. Calvin Johnson, 3. William Franklin, 4. Justin Gage, 5. Brad Smith. Now to anyone with a brain I was obviously being sarcastic and listing three Tigers' players since I am a huge fan. But apparently nobody has a brain here because everyone freaked. Four different people put negative points on my reputation arguing that Housh, and Fitz, and Moss were sooo much better than Gage and Franklin, and even though I don't care at all about reputation points I thought it was really sad that they could be so offended by a joke.


                And then in a discussion about Bulger where everyone was saying if he could just get some protection he would be a top QB again. I simply said, "The only times he has done well is when he has been sacked over 40 times." It was completely true, I just found it ironic. Yet one guy flipped a sh!t over me saying that. He apparently thought I was saying that Bulger can only do good when he is getting sacked and he claimed I had no knowledge about football, and had never watched a game. Of course I knew this guy was an idiot, but for some reason I get an official warning from the AvengerRam guy saying it was "Completely uncalled for" for me to defend myself after he said all that about me. He also said that I just have to know when to stop as if my argument was terrible and that the other guy was 100% right. Now this might have been because from what I saw Avenger Ram is one of those people I was talking about earlier that will not listen to any opposing arguments (especially if anyone says anything bad about Bulger). But that just pissed me off so I never came back to this board until now.

                Bulger and the Rams terrible play today just reminded me about how much I hate this board and I thought I would come here just to vent.

                I know what everyone is gonna say, but I don't really care, because after this thread there is a good chance I won't be back again.

                lol @ this thread.

                As I've said before, the board suffers from some control freaks who have little to no actual control. They can't stand people thinking differently, or even more scary - "unreasonably" than them. Oh my Gado!

                I've learned to just state my beliefs and go. If Bulger had the rep rating they'd say his is low because of bad fans.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Just want to vent

                  Originally posted by iStillBelieve View Post
                  WAAAHHHHH! WWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!! WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!


                  Aww poor widdle baby. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.


                  .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Just want to vent

                    Ladies and gentlemen we have eight bites in this "Thread Catching" competition so far, lets see what develops shall we...
                    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

                    Jack Youngblood

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Just want to vent

                      ive been on here 3 years and never given bad rep points to anyone even when ive heard repeatedly things i dont agree with..id rather debate my point more or just move on from it.

                      i dont like the way you saying things like "everyone" has done this and "everyone" has done that tho...have you any idea how many thousands of members the clanram has? people come and go and those that leave are usually the ones who cant keep their emotions in check..if you stay then i hope you contribute more to the site..but if you dont then the only person who will lose out from it is you yourself..as i been on many other Rams websites and this is by far the best.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Just want to vent

                        I'm sorry to keep extending this but it's like...You make this thread NOW, when everyone's obviously pissed off. I'm angry and just don't want to hear it. It's just another kick in the stomach...and we were down on the ground for a while now...
                        Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Just want to vent

                          In case you guys haven't figured it out yet, iStillBelieve is the same dude that posts the BernieM threads.;)
                          Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Just want to vent

                            Will Franklin Justin Gage and Brad Smith are NOT better than Randy Moss and Fitz.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Just want to vent

                              Originally posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
                              Will Franklin Justin Gage and Brad Smith are NOT better than Randy Moss and Fitz.
                              dude..read what he says..and then perhaps edit what you said in reply..

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • Guest's Avatar
                                ok now its getting annoying.....
                                by Guest
                                Some people here like to change their handles into names like Linefan and Georgia Frontiere.....thats all fine until all the threads are being commented by these sarcastic individuals...put an end to it while its funny!! ...Now i have something else to discuss...Linehan may still be the coach next year so deal with it....Georgia Frontiere will still be the owner for many many years to come, so deal with it.....and last but not least if you want to make fun of every individual in the organization, there are 31 other teams with front offices that you may like (the Pats bandwagon is hot so you can easily jump on unnoticed).....I am a rams fan and will support any decision they make and will cheer my heart out for them....i dont care much about frontiere but i would never make fun of her so that i can give fans of other teams a topic to bring up and use against me.....just my two cents...

                                PS.... i came here to talk about football not clown around with people using temporarily funny handles....
                                -12-06-2007, 07:32 PM
                              • Nick
                                Since we're ranting...
                                by Nick
                                This isn't aimed at any one individual, but is based on multiple responses I've seen both recently and over the course of the season.

                                It's my absolute honest belief that Dez has put together one of the best St. Louis Rams discussion sites on the 'net. If I didn't think that, I wouldn't have stayed here for more than six years, nor would I have agreed to help moderate the site to try and help out where I can.

                                But it seems to me that lately, this season more than any in recent memory, some members have been making these snarky, disparaging, negative comments about other members, threads, or the board in general. It ranges from the borderline personal attacks of another poster to criticisms of a thread being pointless to comments about looking for a new board or questioning why they even come to this one. While these comments may not explicitly violate board rules, their negative effect to a thread or the board itself is obvious.

                                Well, the simple truth is this: NO ONE is being forced to read this or any thread, just like no one is being forced to read another member's posts or even come to this site.

                                If you don't like a topic or don't think it's a worthwhile discussion, don't read the thread. Click on the back button and find another one.

                                If you don't like a poster's opinions and don't want to read any more of their posts, then don't. Go into your UserCP and put that person on your Ignore List.

                                If you're considering leaving or questioning why you come here, then to be blunt, either **** or get off the pot. Don't post multiple responses about leaving, crying out for attention.

                                No one is forcing you to come here, post here, read topics here, or "suffer" through someone else's opinion here. Those are YOUR CHOICES. You control your presence here and what you're exposed to.

                                I think one of the main reasons I like the Clan is because I find there are many very intelligent, very knowledgeable football fans here that are ready and able to discuss all aspects of this game. Maybe it's a very positive, upbeat discussion, or maybe it's a critical discussion about problem areas on the team. But I find meaningful discussions every day on this board, not only about the Rams but about the NFL as a whole and specifically the draft and college prospects. I love engaging in these topics. Occasionally though, I find some discussions that, for whatever reason, I'd rather not be a part of because I don't see the point. When that happens, I simply move on to the next discussion. Trust me, it's not difficult.

                                When people make negative responses that denigrate other posters or blame the board because of what's being said or what they've been exposed to, I simply have to shake my head. Yes, there are occasions when someone has stepped over the line, and when rules have been violated, we moderators are more than willing to do...
                                -12-22-2010, 06:50 PM
                              • OldRamsfan
                                How Real Is It ?
                                by OldRamsfan
                                How real is our love for the game and the RAMS :

                                I have been here short time but have been a RAMS fan for over 46 yrs ... Since I've been here I have come to know alot of wonderfull people as RAM family fans , For yrs their was nothing like what we have here ... Out of respect for others feelings and thoughts I don't criticize others no matter what they may say , I've always felt and know that no matter what anyone says it does not make it so , its not going to change me , Iam in controll of me and how I react to whats been said will be out of respect for myself and others ... ( With that being said)

                                Since I been here I have read alot of threads and posts about Who's to blame for the Rams season , and how to fix it , All that is great and thats part of what we do here , We share our feeling with each other right or wrong Its your opinion of what needes to be done ... It should not be taken in a way that leds people to leave this forum or any other forum , Does it matter that much to get upset and get mad ? is it going to change anything by getting upset , Is it going to make the F.O. change , The players change , The NFL change NO !! Lets be honest ! Their is nothing we can do but voice our opinion and hope that things get better...
                                Their was a post I read yesterday just a part of it said (r8rh8rmike) "I worry much more about the personal negativity as opposed to the opinion based negativity" That is a very true statment.
                                I guess what I'am saying is no matter how the RAMS started and how they finish we are all still Rams fans , And no matter what another fans opinion or behavior is it should not affect other RAMs fans in such a way that they want to go or not be involved .... Yes I must admit that some of the RAM fans of recent yrs are not used to to seeing the RAMS play like this and they are hurting that does not make them any less of a fan than those of us who has been around for years , Granted some are bandwagon types but they dont stick around for too long ... For me I'am hurting over this season but just like the others yrs that were bad I will always be a RAMS fan till the day I die ... No matter what ones negative opinion is Its not going to change how I think or what I belong too , I hope you feel the same way and stay strong and true to your own feelings and opinions but dont let someone esle's negative opinion make you lose control of you or how think or what forum your in ! ! I want to thank most all of you for making me feel welcome here and Dez and the mods for running this site ... I'am really looking foreward to seeing whats going to happen in the offseason ... I hope that those of you who read this thread understand the intent of this thread and why I felt this needed to be said ... I know alot of RAMS fans are hurting right now and they want to take that hurt out on something or someone ... For those of you who have been RAMS fan for just a few years or during time we started
                                ...
                                -12-18-2005, 01:12 AM
                              • A-Web
                                NO MORE Jay WHATEVER HIS NAME IS!
                                by A-Web
                                I speak for myself for the most part, and hope some people agree. The talk of the Broncos starting quarterback can officially cease production on this board. HE IS NOT COMING TO THE RAMS, and it doesn't matter where he ends up. If you find it something interesting, great. Move it to the lounge, because it has officially expired it's welcome from me.

                                It is all I hear on my ESPN radio every day. That and college basketball. When I'm trying to listen to the Cavs game, all I get is Jay and NCAA. I am a fan of neither, and would love for April to come and go so that the world can return to normal.

                                I am sorry if you seem to disagree with me, but for weeks now, it's hogged all the attention of sports media, and I'm fed up. I am more tired of this junk than I was of Brett Favre and his retirement/un-retirement. At this point, it isn't going to matter. Yes, Tampa, NYJ, and a few other teams COULD try to trade for him. But, none of those teams are in the NFC West, so why pay any more attention?

                                Well that's my point, and that's how I feel, enough said.
                                -03-21-2009, 07:08 AM
                              • RamsInfiniti
                                Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...
                                by RamsInfiniti
                                But these Bulger threads are really turning this entire forum into a laughing stock of a joke ...

                                And what can really be done about it? I know the moderator's hands are tied, because, well, we all have freedom of speech, but this is getting just a tad bit ridiculous ...

                                Thread, after thread, after thread, about Bulger keeps getting posted on this forum. The arguments are ridiculous for the most part, and I think the guiltiest party might be those that actually respond to the crap that is posted. I can say this because I am one of them!

                                But no more, I'm just not going to take part in that nonsense. It's pointless. Those that hate Bulger will always hate him. When he performs well, they'll just dissapear into the sunset, just waiting for the day to bash him again at the first opportunity of him struggling ...

                                I just don't get it, I don't get the attitude. It's a new season, new opportunity, and every bit of enjoyment is getting sucked out of it early because every where I look on this forum I see these terrible, repetitive threads ....

                                It makes the experience here very cumbersome. I love being here, I think this is best Ram's forum on the web, but it's getting a little out of hand ...

                                Maybe a seperate forum for Bulger bashing? Or just put a stop to it all together, somehow, someway? Something needs to be done, or eventually people will walk away, because it just won't be worth it ...

                                Just something to think about. I rest on the side of eternal optimism, and a quick visit to the boards these days is enough to bring me down ...
                                -08-18-2009, 10:50 AM
                              Working...
                              X