Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone needs to calm down

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everyone needs to calm down

    I understand the frustration, I really do. If you're not frustrated by your team losing, you're not much of a fan. But we said this in the off season and we need to remember it now. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. They didn't bring Spags in to win us a Superbowl this year. He was brought in because he can see the big picture. Before I came here tonight, I knew I was going to see the " *insert name* sucks" "same as last year" "time for the draft" etc. Let all try to focus on the positives (see J. Laurinaitis) and try to keep the big picture in mind on this forum. Just my 2 cents..

    ps.. I do love this forum a lot. Thats why I don't want to see it turn into the kind that so many others are.
    Last edited by AtlantaRamFan; -09-13-2009, 06:18 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Everyone needs to calm down

    I agree let us all calm down its the first game of the season lets give our team a little time to find some kind of groove to get into. I remeber one thread awhile back someone pointed out that when spags came to NYG they gave up 80 points the first 2 games then went on to have one of the best defenses in the leaugue. So lets all just give it sometime and atleast wait till midseason to pass judgement on a player.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Everyone needs to calm down

      We really do have to give it time. But we're fans man, we've been losing for two years in a row. We just want better results.

      I do know we need to wait. Especially the offensive unit. This was the first time they worked together. Next week should bring better results.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Everyone needs to calm down

        I know everyone is sick and tired of the loosing culture and especially me. Being a rams fan for only 4 years now i havent seen a good season yet. Never got to watch the gsot or the glory days but really give it time im still holding out for the 7-9 i predicted earlier.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Everyone needs to calm down

          Originally posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
          I know everyone is sick and tired of the loosing culture and especially me. Being a rams fan for only 4 years now i havent seen a good season yet. Never got to watch the gsot or the glory days but really give it time im still holding out for the 7-9 i predicted earlier.
          I think we all knew Seattle would be a tough team to play in their house. And it showed. Many miscues on the offensive line, especially Brown who held onto the ball with Bulger yelling and waving to start the play. That was ugly.

          But this is the first game situation this starting offense has been in. I certainly hope we come out next week and beat Washington next week.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Everyone needs to calm down

            There were some good things out there today:

            JL The Road Warrior LB looked right at home at MLB and stood out in a positive way.

            Wade looked solid as a young CB out there and made an impact very early. So much better than the corner play the Rams were getting from Hill or Fakhir recently. He also isn't afraid of tackling in the open field.

            Barron looked pretty good in Pace's old spot at OT and Smith didn't get overwhelmed on the right side.

            Special teams coverage was solid.

            Donnie Jones is still easily the best punter in the NFL

            I won't go into the other side of the good/bad equation

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Everyone needs to calm down

              Glad to see some positive people out there Here's one I haven't seen yet: Spags benching Incognito after that second drive killing penalty. I was pretty pissed at the time. Sure did make me glad to know someone was as upset as me on the Rams sideline. Glad he did something about it. (The positive being a coach with an idea of what he wants and how he wants it done) Some of the young guys seemed to hold their own just fine too.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Everyone needs to calm down

                Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
                But we're fans man, we've been losing for two years in a row.


                Two years? two years!? Except for the Superbowls we've been losing a lot longer than that!

                "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

                Jack Youngblood

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Everyone needs to calm down

                  I'm one to believe this will take some time and the reality is it probably will get worse before it gets better get ready for the Rams jokes on Sports radio and TV.
                  :ramlogo:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Everyone needs to calm down

                    Originally posted by MoonJoe View Post


                    Two years? two years!? Except for the Superbowls we've been losing a lot longer than that!

                    You get what I mean.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Everyone needs to calm down

                      Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
                      You get what I mean.
                      Yeah I do, that was just a knee jerk reaction to today's game. No harm meant!

                      "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

                      Jack Youngblood

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Everyone needs to calm down

                        The point that we need to remain patient is a fair one, as even the most blindly loyal Rams fan must know that this is a work in progress. The thing that bothers me, however, is that this team looks like it just picked up where it left off last year. Ten penalties. Twelve men on the field negating a blocked field goal for a TD. Personal fouls and lost poise. These aren't things that require talent. An offense that was terrible. Zero points. A carbon copy of last year.

                        Contrast this performance with that of San Francisco today-an average team at best- but a team that went into the home of the defending NFC Champs and didn't just give them a game but won outright. SHAUN HILL took down the defending NFC Champs on the road.

                        I am realistic and do not have visions of grandeur. But patience ran out a long time ago. I want to see competitive, smart football NOW.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Everyone needs to calm down

                          Linehan must be laughing his butt off.
                          LA RAMMER

                          It's Jim not Chris
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Everyone needs to calm down

                            Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
                            The point that we need to remain patient is a fair one, as even the most blindly loyal Rams fan must know that this is a work in progress. The thing that bothers me, however, is that this team looks like it just picked up where it left off last year. Ten penalties. Twelve men on the field negating a blocked field goal for a TD. Personal fouls and lost poise. These aren't things that require talent. An offense that was terrible. Zero points. A carbon copy of last year.

                            Contrast this performance with that of San Francisco today-an average team at best- but a team that went into the home of the defending NFC Champs and didn't just give them a game but won outright. SHAUN HILL took down the defending NFC Champs on the road.
                            I am realistic and do not have visions of grandeur. But patience ran out a long time ago. I want to see competitive, smart football NOW.
                            Well said NJ!
                            Shaun Hill out dueling Kurt Warner, in his house. Singletary has the Niners ready.

                            I know its very early, but it makes one wonder if the Rams hired the right Head coach. I'll try to reserve patience.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Everyone needs to calm down

                              Originally posted by dgr828 View Post
                              Well said NJ!
                              Shaun Hill out dueling Kurt Warner, in his house. Singletary has the Niners ready.

                              I know its very early, but it makes one wonder if the Rams hired the right Head coach. I'll try to reserve patience.
                              And I think I was partially wrong again, that last part is the most comical post I've ever seen ...

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X