The Called Back TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Called Back TD

Lets talk about this for a second. I have to say i was a bit shocked by what happened after the block. I have never heard of reviewing a play to call a penalty. I might be playing a little devil's advocate on this one and i dont know how the rule is written, but can coaches or the booth challenge a play if they see holding or pass interference that isn't called by the refs?

Re: The Called Back TD

You can't challenge non-calls, with the exception of too many men on the playing field (to my knowledge). this isn't the first time I've seen it reviewed, but definitely the most game-changing. No excuse for whoever was at fault there.

Comment

We had quite a discussion about this in the chatroom when it happened.

A coach cannot challenge a penalty (or the lack of a call). The lone exception to this rule is 12 men on the field. That IS reviewable

Comment

learn something new every day. Thanks

Comment

That's funny, when Bulgers on the field, there's only 10 men!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dgr828 View Post
            I really am amzed you can take a thread that has nothing to do with marc bulger and somehow turn it into a bash thread. You sir deserve an award.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottD413 View Post
              We had quite a discussion about this in the chatroom when it happened.

A coach cannot challenge a penalty (or the lack of a call). The lone exception to this rule is 12 men on the field. That IS reviewable
              I don't think the coach can challenge it...it is a booth review only so it is only a factor in the last 2mins of a half. That's at least what I gathered during my quick scan of the rulebook while watching the game and also chatting

Comment

I think this was the morale buster for the entire team. We played well until that happened. From there, we really fell apart.

Comment

[email protected]!!!

Comment

This was the straw that broke the camel's back as far as momentum and inspiration goes. It truly was a game changer...

Comment

Originally posted by bradwill View Post
                      I don't think the coach can challenge it...it is a booth review only so it is only a factor in the last 2mins of a half. That's at least what I gathered during my quick scan of the rulebook while watching the game and also chatting
                      I am pretty impressed that you can quick scan an 800 pg rule book

Comment

From the Super Bowl XLII play by play

3rd Quarter

4-2-NYG 44 (11:07)(Punt formation) 6-C.Hanson punts 31 yards to NYG 13, Center-66-L.Paxton. 25-R.McQuarters ran ob at NYG 14 for 1 yard. New England challenged the too many players on field ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Punt formation) PENALTY on NYG-57-C.Blackburn, Illegal Substitution, 5 yards, enforced at NYG 44 - No Play.

Comment

I remember Belichick challenging too many men on the field before, and he was right. After that play the Patriots got 5 yards because the other team did have a guy running off the field when the ball was snapped.

Comment

I think the league should allow the Rams 12 men on the field at all times,when they put 11 out there nothing good happens add that extra guy and just like that a touchdown,maybe Spags can call the league office tommorrow and look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by dgr828 View Post
                              Lol hey at least you just made one man's day with that comment

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• QUINNtessentialTruth
                                Replacement refs cost us the game on the td??
                                by QUINNtessentialTruth
                                Okay..

I read an artIcle today that said in the Kevin Smith td go-ahead td, there was an illegal lineman 2 yards down the line of scrimmage. What would that have meant for the rams, if that was actually called? Would there have been a 10 second runoff which would have forced the lions to kick a fg?

Looking at the replay it seems the refs did miss it, if its an actual rule. Can someone clear the truth behind this for me? Was the article coming out of left field or completely true. If so what would have been the consequences of the penalty?
                                -09-10-2012, 09:45 PM
                              • gap
                                When does a False Start = TD?
                                by gap
                                When your the niners, and you are playing the RAMS

The Punt return for a TD was also allowed to happen after holding not being called by the officials.

So far the RAMs are up 12-0, with the zebras ahead with 14.

gap
                                -12-26-2010, 11:34 AM
                              • codeman123
                                An In Depth Look at the Offense
                                by codeman123
                                For some reason Spags is getting all the blame for this year. He has been a disappointment, but he is not in charge of the worst offense in football. For the most part people on this board and other Rams sites want Spags fired for a proven head coach like Jeff Fisher, which is fine. However, they still want to bring back McDaniels for offensive continuity. In the new NFL, if a team averages barely over 10 points a game they will consistently lose. The Rams offense has a chance to compete with some of the worst offenses in NFL history, but after the decimation of the offensive line, and having to play a third string QB it will be impossible to read into the play of the offense from here on out.
                                I don't really hear a lot of complaints with McDaniels. Shurmer got booed and heckled out of the building nearly every game for his boring playcalling and dink and dunk offense. The stats comparing the Rams this year and last year are pretty shocking. Broncos fans warned me what he was like. He always tries to be the smartest man in the building. He over complicates things. He tries to do the opposite of what is generally done (run out of shotgun, pass out of heavy sets) to the point where its just as easy to read for a defensive coordinator than someone who follows the textbook. He loves running option routes, long developing patterns, and deep ins and outs. It's hard to imagine an offensive line good enough to give 3-5 seconds of protection consistently. Offensive 'geniuses' generally don't go far from script. Just like Martz, he isn't going to change philosophies from what got him in that position. Its clear he has free rein to gameplan and create plays every week. Spags makes gametime decisions like whether or not to go for it, but doesn't seem to hinder what McDaneils wants to do. There's yet to be a gameplan this year where the other team has to say 'wow we just got outsmarted, or they just got us this week'. Usually its the opposite, like against Seattle playing out of empty shotgun formation half the game, and completely taking away the threat of a run. Plain stupid, even to the fans.

Here are the stats for this year.

Rank 2011 Home Away 2010
                                Points per game 32 11.7 14.7 8.7 18.1
                                Yards per game 31 284 302.9 (26)
                                Yards per point 32 24.3 17.4 36.1 16.8
                                Points per play 32 0.184 0.228 0.138 0.274
                                -12-07-2011, 12:16 PM
                              • tomahawk247
                                Analysis of 2014 Rams Games by Halves
                                by tomahawk247
                                The below is a table looking at the Rams scores for each half of the games they played, whether they won or loss the half, and the final result

Week Opponent First Half Result Second Half Result Final Score Result
                                1 Minnesota (H) 0 - 13 Loss 6 - 21 Loss 6 - 34 Loss
                                2 Tampa Bay (A) 10 - 7 Win 9 - 10 Loss 19 - 17 Win
                                3 Dallas (H) 21 - 10 Win 10 - 24 Loss 31 - 34 Loss
                                4 Bye Bye Bye Bye
                                5 Philadelphia (A) 7 - 20 Loss 21 - 14 Win 28 -34 Loss
                                6 San Francisco (H) 14 - 10 Win 3 - 21 Loss 17 - 31 Loss
                                7 Seattle (H) 21 - 6 Win 7 - 20 Loss 28 - 26 Win
                                8 Kansas City (A) 7 - 10 Loss 0 - 24 Loss 7 -34 Loss
                                9 San Francisco (A) 10 - 10 Tie 3 - 0 Win 13 -10 Win
                                10 Arizona (A) 14 - 10 Win 0 - 21 Loss 14 - 31 Loss
                                11 Denver (H) 13 - 7 Win 9 - 0 Win 22 - 7 Win
                                12 San Diego (A) 10 - 6 Win 14 - 21 Loss 24 - 27 Loss
                                -12-29-2014, 09:19 AM
                              • r8rh8rmike
                                Week 4 Injury Report: Good and Bad
                                by r8rh8rmike
                                From the Rams official site:
                                Austin, Tavon WR Shoulder LP - - -
                                Cooper, Pharoh WR Shoulder FP - - -
                                Easley, Dominique DT Illness DNP - - -
                                Gaines, E.J. CB Thigh FP - - -
                                Hayes, William DE Ankle DNP - - -
                                Joyner, Lamarcus DB Toe DNP - - -
                                Spruce, Nelson WR Knee FP
                                It looks like a go this Sunday for Cooper, Spruce, and Gaines. who all practiced with no limitations. Hopefully, they can shake off the rust and contribute.

Austin has a shoulder injury, but was able to practice (limited), so it's probably nothing serious. It'll be interesting to see how he does if he suits up on Sunday, and if he has a target on that shoulder.

Hayes and Joyner did not practice, but I'm hoping it's just a matter of letting them heal, and not aggravating the injuries. The defense is really going to need both those guys.
                                -09-29-2016, 09:17 AM
                              Working...
                              X