It will be interesting.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be interesting.....

To see how this team looks at the end of the year, who will be here and who won't. Yes the game was disapointing, but let's be honest with ourselves. With the way the team played over the course of two years, and the horrible draft picks. Did we really think the team was gonna be that good? Well in a nutshell I did, I thought we would win against the SHawks, but that was me drinking too much of the Blue and Gold Kool-Aid. So as of now I have no expectations, I'll just enjoy as much of the season as I can. Let's hope they make next week, at least interesting. I'm a USC fan how bout that Sanchez, just to think we had the opportunity to pick him up.

Re: It will be interesting.....

NEEDS TO GO:

Bell
    Bulger
    Jackson
    Incognito

These guys are killing this team

Comment

Originally posted by rNemesis View Post
      NEEDS TO GO:

Bell
      Bulger
      Jackson
      Incognito

These guys are killing this team
      I can think of at LEAST one thing wrong with this list.

Comment

It didn't include Culberson? lol

Comment

Look, we hit bottom the last two years and I think we are crawling our way back, but it will take time. While yesterdays game was ugly, there were some positives. Mainly, I saw heart. I saw people that were ashamed of the scoreboard, but didn't quit. Big difference over last year. We'll get better, maybe win five or six games this year. With another good draft, we will only improve.

Remember one thing. It took the NYG defense 3 or 4 games before they completely bought into Spag's system. Now, they had better personnel than we have now, but give it time. We'll get there.

IN SPAG'S I TRUST.
          This space for rent...

Comment

We are so bent over the proverbial salary cap by dead money that Thoey is right, it's gonna take some time. I just don't know how much patience the fans of STL have with certain players, namely Bulger.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamDez
              It will be interesting to see
              by RamDez
              the Bandwaggon Media jump off the BandWaggon in the next day or so.
              -01-15-2005, 08:11 PM
            • sunflame
              what is the odd of
              by sunflame
              turning this season around after last game's Performance
              -09-08-2008, 09:56 AM
            • Bar-bq
              Next Season
              by Bar-bq
              I'm sorry, but those of you who have begun posting about the merits of "next season" have disheartened me. Really, who are you? We have fifteen weeks of football left to play, and you'd best be damn sure that win, lose or worse, I'll be hoping for the best for my team.

It was far from a promising start.

No pass blocking.
              No run blocking.
              No Leonard Little and Orlando Pace went down hard.
              No effort players.

You've heard it all before.

On top of that, every first day pick from 2000-2004 is no longer with the team. Alston, Byrd, Wroten. Gone Gone Gone. Hill- still showing little development. Leonard- Looks like a luxury. Klop- Will be lucky to see much of the field.

Bad drafting equates to poor on-field success. There's no two ways about that.

But "next season"? come on! Tell me you don't bleed blue and gold. Tell me you didn't love every minute of the 1999 season. Tell me you didn't just jump upon the bandwagon for the good times.

You more than have the right to criticize. Be critical of anything you want. But to simply bypass the merits and demerits of an entire season in anticipation of greener pastures is absurdity. I guarantee you, without withstanding this season, without drawing and learning all we can from this season, next season will inevitably promulgate a return to the drawing board. again. The time is nigh to learn from what we've done wrong today. To correct what we can and struggle on with what we can't...until we can.

All the optimism has vanished. What it breeds is an atmosphere of losing. Players don't want to play for a losing franchise with no legitmiate backing behind them. The fans, after all, are willing to cast them aside after one game. Yes, there's a lack of effort. But we're not beyond hope. We're one game into the season. What point there is labeling yourself a "fan" of a franchise when you're willing simply to overlook the potential for success...for learning- for betterment THIS season?

There are fifteen games to go, and it is my opinion that we will win all fifteen of um (toot toot et al). And if we lose, it will be the next fourteen. Down to one. Because this dedication impels the opportunity to learn. To have the capacity to look forward to next week in light of the myriad of possibilities for success.

I most certainly do.
              -09-08-2008, 01:07 AM
            • Varg6
              How do the OTHERS think we'll do...
              by Varg6
              Ok, I have an interesting question for all the Rams fans out there.

Ok, we won against Denver. A team with very high expectations. Jake Plummer, a guy who threw 7 ints last year, and now, already has 3 in his first game.

Will this change from no respect, to hmm...maybe the Rams are the real deal after all?

Personally, (well, obviously), I think we're the real deal, and this win was HUGE for us, and it was especially a huge win for us because our defense basically won it. Who would've thought, right?

So...Are we finally going to get some respect from others after being a team that basically everyone said we'd get annihilated by?
              -09-11-2006, 05:31 PM
            • RamsFanSam
              I am so tired of this.
              by RamsFanSam
              Every game this season, the Rams have looked a little bit better. Our offense looked the best it has all year, Bulger led a two-minute offense that was reminiscent of days past, Amendola is giving our return game something it has been missing for years, and our defense is stepping it up, somewhat inconsistently, but still better than it has in the past two seasons.

We went into Jacksonville today with a desire to come out with a win. It came down to the last 7 seconds before we ended up going for a tie instead of a win. Spags played it safe for a chance to win instead of gambling and possibly losing. The decision to go for three may have been the wrong one (remember Carolina in the playoffs a few years ago?) but it gave our guys something they haven't had in a long time - hope.

So what am I tired of? I'm tired of the fans who are too busy whining about Bulger (who did a great job today), fans who are complaining about our defense (who actually did a decent job) to notice that we are getting better.

Yeah, let's trade our best player. That way, we can get a RB who runs like crap - because that's all that's left in free agency. Let's bench our QB - the one who knows the plays and is really showing that he can execute once again. That way, we can start someone who can't be consistent at throwing either completions or interceptions. Let's trash the whole team - after all, it's only been six weeks, and if they haven't won us a super bowl by now, they never will.

I'm not looking at the team through rose colored glasses. I'm being realistic. The Rams are bad - no doubt about it. But the Rams of week six are far better than the Rams of week one. I didn't expect a quick turnaround. Even Spags said it will take time. Anyone who thought we'd be an NFL powerhouse by now should at least try to be realistic.

Most of us on here thought we should have won today. I'm one of them. Anyone who is whining about the effort put forth by anyone on the team today needs to watch the game again, because the game I watched showed a Rams team that fought hard for a win. Had we won the coin toss in OT...we would have had that elusive "W".

For those of you who think whining about things will make you a good fan, or will change the team, I've got news for you.

It makes you look like a fair-weather fan, and the team isn't going to change the road they are on just because you think you know the way to go.
              -10-18-2009, 06:41 PM
            Working...
            X