Ok just looking for some multiple perspectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok just looking for some multiple perspectives

Hey guys, Ouldn't see the game As I won't get to see most of them. (damn michigan).. What wen't wrong? I read what;s out already but I would love to hear some other opinions. What was wrong? what to build on? Is this seasn cashed in already? . thanks guys

Re: Ok just looking for some multiple perspectives

LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED ( and i probably wont do the best job doing that)

We got our ass kicked by a crappy ass seattle team and couldnt do nothing about it.

28-0 was the score, it really should have been 28-3. We couldnt run the ball or pass effectively a lick, because of the crappy O- LINE AND bulger. Jackson cant stop dancing around in the backfield and only averaged about 1.5 real yards a carry ( that late run does not count.) Bulger sucks and I hope we realize it sooner than later.

a no name tight end had two tds on us. Our run d sucks and and our pass d sucks. Our wide recievers minus avery and robinson suck. They cannot get open on any down. We have no special teams game. We have no pass rush to the Opp. QB. we clearly lack talent !!! I think this season we are going to end up 0-16 like the lions last year, who will only win two games themselves. I really dont see anyone on our roster who we can/will beat, because we are clearly the worst team in the league

Comment

Originally posted by rNemesis View Post
      LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED ( and i probably wont do the best job doing that)

We got our ass kicked by a crappy ass seattle team and couldnt do nothing about it.

28-0 was the score, it really should have been 28-3. We couldnt run the ball or pass effectively a lick, because of the crappy O- LINE AND bulger. Jackson cant stop dancing around in the backfield and only averaged about 1.5 real yards a carry ( that late run does not count.) Bulger sucks and I hope we realize it sooner than later.

a no name tight end had two tds on us. Our run d sucks and and our pass d sucks. Our wide recievers minus avery and robinson suck. They cannot get open on any down. We have no special teams game. We have no pass rush to the Opp. QB. we clearly lack talent !!! I think this season we are going to end up 0-16 like the lions last year, who will only win two games themselves. I really dont see anyone on our roster who we can/will beat, because we are clearly the worst team in the league
      ok now that that is out of the way how bout an optimists perspective.

The main reason we lost is that Seattle came to play and we quit thinking we could win after our 12th man escapade. Jackson for sure needs to stop dancing around in the back but i thought he cut down more then when he did it last year. Some of Seattle's line backers played dirty on jackson, i have no respect for aaron curry anymore. john carlson is not a no name tighend he is considered a top 10 tighend in this league. Donnie jones is the best punter and proved it constantly pinning them back behind their 10. I dont want to open the bulger can, but in my opinion he didnt do anything overly bad, but didnt do much good either just a meh preformance. o-line killed some drives but barron and smith are bright spots. our interior line needs to step up for sure. just a bad day but the season is just 1 week old lets see what happens

Comment

well let me tell you what I dont seem to understand about this team. It seems like the players we either draft or sign thru FA do more harm than good ( eg Jacob Bell Drew Bennett ) those were waste of time and money

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• rNemesis
          HOW CLOSE IS THIS TEAM TO COMPETING?(VERY LONG)Please provide feedback
          by rNemesis
          First of all let me just say that these last few years have been VERY frustrating and embarassing for me as a RAM FAN and I'm sure you guys are just as disappointed. I have watched my team go from the greatest show on turf to, as a washington post columnist said after the redskins loss, " the most miserable mass on grass". MY main question here is , " How far are the rams from being a decent competitive rock solid team? Its a long way to go; it doesnt happen overnight but it shouldnt take FOREVER either.

But I am not gonna sit here and talk about that all night. We know what has happened. We know what we've become. 13 straight losses dating back to last season. 3-13 in 2007 and 2-14 in 2008. 5 wins in the last 30 or so games? ( not sure exactly the stats) That is horrible.

Let's go back year by year as to how we finished record wise.
          In the 1990's we were bad. But so were other teams which are now good today. But if you look at our 90's record to others, you will see that we were bad most of those years. Other teams had bad years too during the 90's but it was only really the lions, bengals, cardinals and saints. That should show you how bad of a team the Rams are. We never finished over 7 wins from 1990 up until 1999, which was our superbowl year. Which now tells me that the Rams have been bad, are now bad, and I hope we dont continue to be bad. But lately one has to believe that that is the penalty for our actions.

2000- 10-6 DECENT
          2001- 14-2 ( excellent; we beat the pats that season but lost in the SB to the same :|)
          2002- 7-9 Not bad
          2003- 12-4 excellent
          2004- 8-8 not bad; competitive
          2005- I think we were 7-9 or 6-10 cant remember
          2006- 8-8
          2007- 3-13 horrible
          2008- 2-14 lousy

I am not surprised at how we have fallen so badly. What I cant seem to understand is how fast we have fallen as such. How come we havent been able to stop the bleeding and bounce back like other teams have seemed to?

So tell me guys. How far off is this team from competing? Well, I look at the league and I have noticed that most of the other teams have playmakers in a lot of key positions. Why is that? Because they do a great job of DRAFTING PLAYERS THAT FIT INTO THEIR SCHEME WELL. We on the other hand have not done that lately. We have drafted players that have done well IN THEIR SCHEME and so it didnt matter to the previous regime ( Jay ZYgmunt ) if they fit or not the point was they wanted them so much that they drafted them regardless of their college scheme and success. In the era since Martz left, we have drafted the likes of busts ( or so they appear to be) like Tye Hill, Adam Carriker, Claude Wroten, Fakhir Brown, etc. The list goes on and on.

THIS HAS REALLY HURT THIS ORGANIZATION SO MUCH THAT IT IS REARING ITS UGLY HEAD NOW. Bad drafting has put us in such a talentless hole that...
          -09-29-2009, 06:43 PM
        • RamsFanSam
          RFS's Week 4 RAMblings...
          by RamsFanSam
          After today, the regular season is 25% over for our Rams. Where are we at?
          Since I became a die-hard fan, all I ever heard was "explosive offense", "high-powered offense", "high scores", "blowout", and other such terms to describe the boys in Blue and Gold. This year, I haven't heard many say that. Why? Is it because they lack the skill? No. Is it because of inconsistent players? No. Is it bad coaching? Very doubtful.
          Then why isn't St. Louis lighting up the scoreboards?
          We have the tools....Jackson, Holt, Bulger, Curtis, etc. The weapons are there, they are ready. Problem is, so are our opponents. We use our talent to create mismatches, they try to even things out a bit. It isn't that we aren't as good...it's that our opponents are getting better. They have learned how Bulger thinks. They have learned how Martz likes to set up plays. They can predict what is coming at them better than they could in the past.
          We still have advantages...a lot of them. Steven Jackson is one of the best young running backs out there. He is like a concrete truck in a demolition derby...once he's moving, he doesn't care what's in his way, he'll just run over it. Too bad he isn't being used enough as of yet. He should be getting 100+ yards every game. Opposing defenses don't know what he will do. He is an ace in the hole for us. We still have Marshall...and he can still dance better than Barishnakov.
          He may not be racking up 100+ yard games, but nobody can stop him every time. Torry...he still knows how to teach the youngsters the meaning of "whooped". Reverend Ike still makes routes look so dang easy. Curtis makes a Corvette look sluggish. Then we have Barron...he's so big he makes a mountain gorilla look tiny. Problem is, he's untested...he may be a Godsend for us, or he may let us down. He's better than what we have had at RT for years....but is he ready? I guess we will find out.
          Our defense has been kidnapped by aliens and replaced with look-alikes. How else can we explain the way these guys are acting? Look at the difference since last year....if aliens aren't involved, how can you explain them?
          Wilkins...has he even had to make a tackle this year? What's up with that? Are the ST guys actually playing football? For the first time in a long time, I don't think they have to ride the elevator up from the basement. It's nice to see these guys actually playing average...
          So, how do we actually stack up this year?
          It seems as though no team is really dominant....yet. Even the NFL's pet team isn't on top...the pats are struggling a bit so far. Doesn't that just break your widdle heart? Seattle is doing OK...they are our main worry at this point. If we come out OK today (no injuries), and if we have the game plan for next week, we have the top spot in the division. We seem to be closely matched with them this year....a lot like last year. My opinion? Our offensive...
          -10-02-2005, 07:59 AM
        • rammiser
          Monday morning hangover...long
          by rammiser
          Going from the high of a new to season to the absolute let down by my Rams has left me feeling woozy. I had hope and dreams of an improved football team that would play hard for four quarters. I saw some flashes as I did last year. Then again we only decided to play 2 quarters again.

The walking penalty box that is Incognito has got to go. He isnt all that great in the first place and constantly costs us 15 yds when he feels the need to punch guys in the chest or hit guys late. He's a mess and embarassing if you ask me. He was cheap shotting guys the whole game but was only caught twice. It's hard not to like him for his fire,i do like him. Unfortunately he isnt talented enough and neither is this team to keep putting up with his stupid mistakes.

We shelled out tons of cash for Bartell, yet Wade looked like the best corner on the field yesterday. Bartell was getting beaten on everything thrown his way. I thought for sure hed get a pi call against him on a fade route but he managed to flail his arms up just at the right time to hit the ball. If Bulger takes all the flak for being paid huge jack and not performing than Bartell should be getting killed today.

Atogwe is just flat out awesome. He is a bigtime playmaker and needs to be locked down with a huge contract. Nice job by the front office to wait so long to pay the guy that he may be a top 2 safety by the time they decide to pay him instead of a relatively good but unknown player around the NFL. Butler was a great aquisition and has raised the level of play of Atogwe. Now OJ isnt by himself back there anymore.

Finally we have a middle linebacker. Laurinitis is going to be really good. Heck he was really good yesterday. He made some mistakes but hes a rookie and was always around the ball. He absolutely did not look like a rookie. Witherspoon on the other hand seems to vanish into thin air during games anymore. I remember when we used to hear his name mentioned four or five times for big plays in games. Now I only hear his name for missing tackles and gettig hurt. Vabora had a decent game, seeing how he was a 7th round pick and is playing some half way decent football is a tribute to him as a hard worker. It is fair to say however that we may need two olb's after this year.

Our d-line is dreadful. The Seachickens had two starters out on the o-line and i'm not sure we knocked Hasselcrack over once. When we blitz it get picked up easily. Not too mention that he would take a three step drop and have 3 wide open wr's to throw to. We got no pressure and were getting gashed for four or five yds almost everytime a guy would run the ball. They did do a nice job on the goal line untill play action and of course wide open in the back of the endzone was Jay Novacek err i mean Carlson. Chris Long hustles but most of his plays are made five yds down field, I want to see him making some behind the line of...
          -09-14-2009, 07:18 AM
        • rNemesis
          I dont see how a team could be so bad....
          by rNemesis
          YEt be better than our Rams.

I mean I just dont get what it takes to win in this league man. I am just tired of hearing the SAME OLD RAMS talk from all these so called analysts and experts and whoever else. Whenever we are playing a great or good team, we never get the pick , and probably rightfully so. But whenever we play a bad team, no matter what their record is now, was then, or what they predict it to be this year, its like they always pick us to lose. I dont see how a team could lose 12 games a year yet be "better than us"

I dont see how a team could be 2-14 yet be " better than us"

I MEAN COME ON GUYS!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!! BULLISH!!!! You cannot sit here and tell me that EVERY team in the league is "LEAPS AND BOUNDS" ahead of us and that " they only need a couple of pieces" yet " we have so many gaping holes'

Let me tell you what I have been doing the past 3 painful years. I have been watching closely ( and understanding) what it takes to win in this league. I have watch us play every team in the NFL over that period, I think. And at some point you have to wonder " OK, when is this losing going to stop"? We have played everyone from the Colts and Saints straight down to the Lions and Chiefs. SO you sit and wonder after every loss if you are ever going to win because you see all the mistakes you make and all of the lack of impact players. Now all that is pretty much addressed, aside from a couple more positions, we have some good players on this team and we have STILL NOT won a game? BULLISH!!!

NOW think about THAT my friends!! Think about why some other teams "suck" yet they can find a way to win some games. Why cant we?

Biggest question I have ever tried to find the answer to, and probably also the most annoying. Dont tell me its because we have too many holes.
          -09-17-2010, 01:56 PM
        • NJ Ramsfan1
          Our offensive line absolutely stinks
          by NJ Ramsfan1
          We played a good football game today. Bulger played well, except for the pick. Donnie Avery had a breakout game- hopefully just the beginning of great things to come. Antonio Pittman did an excellent job in replacing Steven Jackson today. OJ Atogwe had another pick and Chris Long had two sacks. Too bad the offensive line didn't get the memo that there was a football game today.

Four sacks and two holding penalties which both took us out of field goal range and stalled drives. Just terrible. I've had enough of Alex Barron and his false starts and holding penalties. How you can come out of a time out and get called for holding is beyond me. It's a real shame because we played a tough team to a virtual draw in their building.
          -10-26-2008, 01:19 PM
        Working...
        X