The 4th & 1 at the end of the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 4th & 1 at the end of the game

No, the offense couldn't do anything with it.

No, they didn't stop the previous 4th and 1.

No, they shouldn't have let the Skins drive the length in the first place.

But.....that stop on 4th and 1 is something build on. The Rams D that I've seen over the past couple of years would have let Portis walk in, and we'd've lost 16-7. But this D stopped them.

It's a positive, fellas. Something to build on.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Re: The 4th & 1 at the end of the game

Hehe I don't wanna be a debbie downer but they play Zorn called I think had something to do with the 4th and 1 stop. If Portis runs up the middle, he gets the first methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fettmaster View Post
      Hehe I don't wanna be a debbie downer but they play Zorn called I think had something to do with the 4th and 1 stop. If Portis runs up the middle, he gets the first methinks.
      But he couldn't run up the middle because the gaps were pretty well filled up. He bounced it outside to try and find somewhere to run, and the Rams were right there. It was a positive sign, as was most of the Rams' red zone defense today.

Comment

And if my Aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle ...

What a stupid post ...

Comment

Originally posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
          And if my Aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle ...

What a stupid post ...
          Whats your problem?:frown:

If Portis runs up the middle he gets the first LIKE HE DID EARLIER ON THE DRIVE. If it was a designed run up the middle and he bounced it outside because he saw no room, OK. But I could have sworn it was a play designed to go outside, and I was merely pointing out that if that was the case, which I admit it might not have been, Zorn made a dumb call the contributed to getting stuffed on 4th and 1.

Comment

Whats your problem?:frown:

If Portis runs up the middle he gets the first LIKE HE DID EARLIER ON THE DRIVE. If it was a designed run up the middle and he bounced it outside because he saw no room, OK. But I could have sworn it was a play designed to go outside, and I was merely pointing out that if that was the case, which I admit it might not have been, Zorn made a dumb call the contributed to getting stuffed on 4th and 1.
            My problem? Maybe you should actually WATCH the play before you comment on it ...

Portis wasn't getting that first down no matter where he went ...

The Rams manned up, plain and simple ...

Comment

The play was designed to go up the middle. If I remember correctly it was supposed to be between the left guard and center, however the defensive line clogged up the hole. They were pushing the o-line towards the sidelines. As a result Portis had to keep pushing it more and more towards the outside to try and gain the yardage, except when he finally hit the outside and headed up field, our boys were there to stop him.

Comment

My problem? Maybe you should actually WATCH the play before you comment on it ...
                Did you even read my last post? I watched the play as it happened, and it looked like a designed run to the outside. If not, fine the Rams manned up.

Stop being an internet D-bag for no reason.

Comment

Did you even read my last post? I watched the play as it happened, and it looked like a designed run to the outside. If not, fine the Rams manned up.

Stop being an internet D-bag for no reason.
                  This from the person that cannot analyze a simple running play ...

Way to go Keyboard Kommando!

Comment

This from the person that cannot analyze a simple running play ...

Way to go Keyboard Kommando!
                    Oh wow I misread a play, big whoop. I admitted I was wrong didn't I? Why are you being such douche?

Comment

Oh wow I misread a play, big whoop. I admitted I was wrong didn't I? Why are you being such douche?
                      Oooohhh, and an internet tough guy ...

It's real simple why I am all over you on this thread, sorry you can't realize it, must be going over your head like that running play ...

Let me explain it real simple ...

You took a 100% positive thread, and the only conception in your brilliant mind was to turn it negative ...

Does that make sense?

Comment

I know these are tough times, but let's try to keep it civil guys.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
                          I know these are tough times, but let's try to keep it civil guys.
                          I just don't know how anymore Mike. Some can find ways to even tear down the simplest of positive things ...

Comment

I just don't know how anymore Mike. Some can find ways to even tear down the simplest of positive things ...
                            You've been as negative in this thread as he has. If he's mistaken about the play, explain how rather than giving him grief about it and calling his post stupid.

Any further antagonizing by either party is going to start getting deleted.

Comment

Mom, raminfinty won't stop touching me.Are we there yet? Fettmaster keeps kicking me. how much longer?

Comment