Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stars in line for RAM move?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stars in line for RAM move?

    Hello all, Iím new to the forum. Been a RAM fan since 65 when they played in the LA Coliseum, lots of ups, 3 super bowl appearances, and downs, last 6 seasons, but always loyalty over location.

    Iím the president of my Home Owners Association. Our Treasurer works with Majestic Realty who is heading the build of the new stadium in the city of Industry, California. Yes LA is getting a new stadium finally. She told me everything is in place to start breaking ground but the city of Walnut is holding things up on some environmental issues. As soon as those issues are addressed, the build will begin. She told me that the stadium should be ready in 2013 or 2014 with the Rose bowl used as a temporary field until completion. With a new stadium, we need a new team. Iíve read the RAMS will up for sale and there contract ends in St Louis in 2014. It seams the stars are alighting for a move back to LA, could it be? Is it possible? A new stadium, a new well deserved ownership for the entire die hard community. I welcome all of your comments and insight.

  • #2
    Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

    Originally posted by maldoman View Post
    It seams the stars are alighting for a move back to LA, could it be? Is it possible? A new stadium, a new well deserved ownership for the entire die hard community. I welcome all of your comments and insight.
    Careful now, this has been a contentious subject and very sensitive to the St. Louie faithful. Of course many on this site would be against such a move and quick to discount such assertions. I for one would believe it is possible and by and large welcome it.

    I also notice that in addition to the aforementioned location there is also one in Orange County being proposed. As for now until I here rumors from a viable source, word to the wise and wait until then before causing a commotion.

    At any rate, our rebuilding efforts should be at the forefront of our concerns and as a famous philosopher said "Ramming speed to all" or something like that.
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

      Originally posted by LA Rammer View Post
      Careful now, this has been a contentious subject and very sensitive to the St. Louie faithful. Of course many on this site would be against such a move and quick to discount such assertions. I for one would believe it is possible and by and large welcome it.

      I also notice that in addition to the aforementioned location there is also one in Orange County being proposed. As for now until I here rumors from a viable source, word to the wise and wait until then before causing a commotion.

      At any rate, our rebuilding efforts should be at the forefront of our concerns and as a famous philosopher said "Ramming speed to all" or something like that.
      Thank you for your insight, do not want to cause a stir, just have high hopes now. You can google: City of Industry football stadium for any information

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

        To answer your question...

        No.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

          Nah...they're coming to El Paso. Free Chalupas for everyone!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

            maldoman- welcome to the forum

            I grew up liking all the LA teams: Rams, Dodgers and Lakers (How a guy from New Jersey had this happen is beyond me, but I digress...). I was very disappointed when the Rams moved and felt there was no way a team should be removed from the 2nd biggest city in the country.

            The people of St. Louis are good fans, and one need look no further than to see the love and support they have for the St. Louis Cardinals to illustrate my point. Speaking honestly and from the heart, however, I would welcome the prospect of them being called the LA Rams again.

            I honestly have no idea what will happen when the team's lease agreement expires. I've heard everything from staying in St. Louis to LA to London. And I don't know if anyone on the inside can or will shed any real light on what is most likely to happen.

            As LA Rammer so perceptively stated, my full concern right now is getting this team on track to start winning again. Everything else will take care of itself.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

              Nicely said, Ram Fan
              Last edited by maldoman; -09-20-2009, 07:26 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

                Welcome Maldoman, the Rams are moving to CANCUN, free beers and margaritas for everyone, ...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

                  Wow... free chalupas on one hand... free beers and margaritas on the other? How do I choose?
                  I believe!:ram:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

                    I think the new guy gets a free pass since he is, well, new.

                    In the meantime, where IS that picture of the dead horse getting beat?
                    RnD

                    GO RAMS!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

                      Originally posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
                      I think the new guy gets a free pass since he is, well, new.

                      In the meantime, where IS that picture of the dead horse getting beat?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	beating-a-dead-horse.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	778371

                      How's that!
                      LA RAMMER

                      It's Jim not Chris
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

                        one things for sure... being in a major market again would/should help us get a couple more players a year...

                        big market = big $$$

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

                          Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
                          maldoman- welcome to the forum

                          I grew up liking all the LA teams: Rams, Dodgers and Lakers (How a guy from New Jersey had this happen is beyond me, but I digress...).
                          You are not alone. I was born and raised in Connecticut and supported all of those teams PLUS the L.A. Kings in hockey (great offense, NO defense).

                          First, anyone who is near New York has a right to support the Dodgers, as they really ought to return to Brooklyn, NY.

                          Second, anyone who is constantly annoyed by obnoxious Yankee fans (they are legion) will be drawn to a worthy, traditional rival. The Mets do not mee t that criteria, the Dodgers do.

                          Dallas Cowboy fans are even worse than Yankee fans. Those of us who support the traditional NFC, rather than the rude upstart AFC, needed to pull for a team that would be a thorn in the Cowboys side. The Rams fit the bill. (They also have the coolest helmets)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

                            Originally posted by longfan View Post
                            one things for sure... being in a major market again would/should help us get a couple more players a year...

                            big market = big $$$
                            ....if not for that darned salary cap.
                            The more things change, the more they stay the same.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Stars in line for RAM move?

                              The Rams are already home

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X