I promise you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I promise you

“It’s a different locker room this year,” Bulger said. “We know we are getting better. This thing is going to turn whether it’s next week, the week after, three weeks from now. It’s going to turn. I promise you that.”

Go Rams!

Re: I promise you

Great and exemplary attitude but please, PROMISE it'll be for this coming home opener! CAN DO! / GO RAMS!

Comment

Bulger...pssh, what a bum!

But seriously, it's good to see that they aren't getting discouraged. Yesterday was definitely a tough loss, but I know I'm also seeing improvement with the team and the only way to go is up. It'll be interesting to see how we look after week 12 and so on. I bet this team will be more in-sync in the trenches and less penalties/dumb mistakes. What this team needs is consistency with the playbook and the players...I believe that Spags is going to be a great head coach and it'll be great to finally have some momentum. I like the direction this team is going in regardless of how frustrating these two losses have been. We just have to be patient, my gut-feeling says that good things are ahead of us.
      Last edited by Varg6; -09-21-2009, 05:20 PM.
      Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

I appreciate Bulger's attitude and optimism, but I'll believe things have changed when I actually see a victory. Twenty nine of my last thirty four Sundays have ended with me being pissed off- so forgive my reluctance to accept this statement on face value.

Comment

Things are changing. We saw a huge improvement from week one to week two. Absolutely huge improvement.

Held them without a touchdown.
          Stopped them on key downs
          Got pressure on the QB (not too much, but more than week one)
          Stopped the run a little more effectively
          Gave the ball to Jackson
          Scored

Those are things we really didn't do too well in week one. So the ship will eventually sail with the wind guys.

Comment

This team is going to be better, Spags I feel is the right man for the job, there are new faces and fresh attitudes that can only help this team get better. What we all have to remember,(myself included) is that this team didn't fall from grace overnight, it took awhile for them to get this bad and it's going to take awhile for them to get better.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm glad the team is making progress, however, I'd still like a "W", it's hard going to work, the week is especially long,when we lose.

Comment

When I'm down or upset, I usually do one of two things; stuff my face with junk food or work out. The former gives me an almost indecent amount of pleasure ( love me some chocolate!) but then, of course, I feel even worse. The workout effects aren't as instantly gratifying but since I know it has longterm benefits, the good feeling lasts longer & has a more temporary downside of fatigue and pain.

The win vs The Skins last year felt like a junk food high. This week's loss hurts but it's that "good kind of sore".

I'll continue to be critical of players and coaches game2game; half the fun is trying to see where & how these guys need to get better & hopefully watching it happen, but now I can really believe what Bulger is saying from what I saw change from the first to second game.

Mooselini summed up the team performance signifiers beautifully. I would only add that I saw something in the way Bulger played. I think he's always been a tough guy who gives his best without complaint but there was a determination in the way he stood his ground,threw the ball and took those hits that was a bit more like the Marc of the good old days.

I think he's digging a little deeper because he really believes it will be worth it, not just because he's a pro. I'm gonna try to follow his lead even if it hurts a bit.

Even when the media want us to believe differently; there's an observation in Coats' report today that it's hard to say which is worse; getting outscored last year in the first two games 79-16 or 37-7 this season. That is idiotic. There is a world of difference if you actually watched those games.

Just say no to the junk food of negativity !

Comment

this team improved throughout the preseason and certainly from week 1 to week 2. if we see similar improvement it won't be hard to see us turn it around within the next few weeks, we're a play or two away from winning rather than a play or two away from being in it. i hope scott steps up at some point this season, he's probably the biggest guy with the most strength we have at dt besides thomas and could be a difference maker if he catches up.

Comment

If we look at the improvement in the team from week one to week two, and then extend it to week 3, it looks very promising

the rams o, having not scored a TD in the opening game, and then improving by one TD in week two, look to score two TDs against the Packers.

the Rams D, having given up 4 TDs in week one and then reduced that number by 4 in week two, projects to give up minus 4 TDs. This i can only assume means that the Rams D will score 4 TDs from turnovers.

Therefore i expect to see the Rams score 42 points off TDs
                    @EssexRam_

Comment

Good for Bulger, no reason to sit there and sob about anything..if you know things are getting better as you go along then by all means be proud of it, instead of saying a "they were the better team" cliche...

Very good to see him say something like this, and congratulations to him for being the Rams all time leading QB thus far..

Comment

Originally posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
                        Good for Bulger, no reason to sit there and sob about anything..if you know things are getting better as you go along then by all means be proud of it, instead of saying a "they were the better team" cliche...

Very good to see him say something like this, and congratulations to him for being the Rams all time leading QB thus far..

See why stats are misleading? THe MOST IMPORTANT stat is the W?!?!?
                        RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

Originally posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
                          See why stats are misleading? THe MOST IMPORTANT stat is the W?!?!?
                          Are you asking me, or trying to state the obvious?..Dont take it as me saying, "Well we didnt win but at least Bulgers in the books!"..

Please do not let a simple Congratulations mislead you into thinking that I, as a Rams faithful, have become satisfied with settling for less in finding a good thing coming from a loss..But im sure your a smart man so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt..

Comment

Well we got some firsts out of the way this week. First touchdown scored for the season. First lead in a game. First halftime lead in a game. First sack of the season. Let's see when that first "W' happens. Go Rams!

Comment

Originally posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
                              Are you asking me, or trying to state the obvious?..Dont take it as me saying, "Well we didnt win but at least Bulgers in the books!"..

Please do not let a simple Congratulations mislead you into thinking that I, as a Rams faithful, have become satisfied with settling for less in finding a good thing coming from a loss..But im sure your a smart man so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt..
                              Unorthodox,

I did not mean to ruffle any feathers. I have stated on this board many times how I am not a stats person. I realize that is all we have to compare players historically. Compiled they may lead one on but I personally would rather forego stats and win some games.

My apologies, sir.
                              RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• evil disco man
                                Steven Jackson Blog: A Week To Remember
                                by evil disco man
                                Steven Jackson | A Week to Remember | Official Website of Steven Jackson www.sj39.com

10/07/2010 - 02:02
                                A Week to Remember
                                by Steven Jackson

Welcome back to my blog, everybody. It's been a great week for the Rams, and a great week to be a Rams fan.

I have to start this out with a shoutout to all of my fans. The encouragement I've been receiving from you all has been very humbling. You have been there since day one, supporting me through the thick and thin, and acknowledging my efforts and my competitive spirit. It's something that I will always have and the support is something I'll never overlook. I'm greatly thankful for my fans and their kind words.

The Rams fan base as a whole has been amazing. To give them something to cheer about has been special. The Dome is starting to get loud again. With the noise they're creating, offenses are picking up penalties, which are helping us. To be able to have them behind us, to support us and give us energy, it's been a blessing.

It really does help a lot. It allows for the us to feed off the energy that the crowd is creating for us to give our team that extra boost and pull out whatever we have left in us. The win over Seattle was great for all of us and I just knew going in that I had to be in there with this team.

I knew that this win could potentially propel us to turn this organization and this team around because Seattle has had our number for so long. Our last win against them was in a 2005 playoff game my rookie year. It's been quite some time since we had a chance to beat that organization and since then, the division has been going through either Seattle or Arizona for the title.

Every year we set a goal to win our division and then hopefully to go on and win a Super Bowl, but in order to even get to the playoffs, you have to win your divisional games. It was a huge game that we all knew was going to be a tough task. They've had our number. They know our personnel really well. They're a team that matches up with us really well.

So last week when I injured my groin and I had my MRI and everything came out to be a minor deal, I wanted to take every chance to leave the window of opportunity open to play in the game. I knew then that I was going to do everything in my power to make sure I could get out there and play.

I worked like crazy to get myself back and be able to take part in that game. I felt like, even if I didn't have a lot of yards, or statistically my numbers weren't that impressive, my presence would draw enough attention that it would allow our other playmakers on the field to get open. I knew I could play that chess match with the other players and Seattle's defensive coordinator.

I didn't go into the game thinking I was going to break an NFL record or anything but I knew that me at 80 percent or 90 percent was still going...
                                -10-07-2010, 08:16 PM
                              • RamsInfiniti
                                So, it's starting to become real ....
                                by RamsInfiniti
                                And that means no more excuses. You know, we've been one of the league's whipping boys for a couple years know. It's commonplace to crack jokes about the Rams, we have been one of the league's worst. And man, we're just now a decade removed from our glorious Super Bowl run ...

So look at us now? The accountants and lawyers have been run out of dodge. We've got a real football man coaching this team, a real deal coaching staff, no more washed up defensive coordinators, or offensive coordinators trying to reinvent the GSOT. We've got solid football men running the show. While I don't think we'll be high octane and balls to wall, I do think these guys will put a smash mouth no nonsense product on the field, but still find a little time to be creative and fun ...

So what does this all mean? Well, we are not going to be the laughing stock anymore. As somebody mentioned, eventually, somebody is going to start noticing us and then the Rams will matter again. And what will that mean? It will mean losing will really hurt. Not hurt like it did the past two years, because we were just plain bad. It will hurt because there are real expectations, because we will be expected to matter, and we will be expected to be a factor ...

These guys are making all the right moves. Jason Brown was our splash, and I like that, but it's the little pieces that get added that will really count. It will be getting a Setterstrom back on the field, growing an Adeyanju, resigning a Jason Craft to do dirty work, rebuilding Tye Hill, that will make us contenders. Can they accomplish all this in a short period of time? We'll see ...

But boy, what a transformation. Just a year ago, we were one of the oldest teams in the league, now we are one of the youngest. There is a new dynamic here. In recent years past, I've been nervous going into the off season and I've always tried to find someway to be positive, which I have succeeded at. I don't have to find a reason this year, because they've already given us quite a few ...

I must say, the nervousness is REALLY here now, but not because I am afraid to lose. Believe it or not, I'm actually a little afraid of winning at this point ...

Now figure that one out ...
                                -04-07-2009, 08:43 PM
                              • Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                                How Hungry Are the Rams Going Into This Year?
                                by Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                                Around Saint Louis and listening and getting the feel from Rams players, I get the sense that we are quickly becoming one of the hardest working and hungry teams out there. Listening to Laurinaitis, Steven, Chris Long, and even new guys coming like Na'il Diggs. Diggs said the main reason he came here was because he wanted to be apart of something special. Helping to raise a football team from the utter depths of mediocrity into respectability and success. He said he felt that DeSpags was building something special here and he wanted to be apart of it. Ron Bartell said something similar when the Saints were making a run at him. I truly believe we are headed in the right direction and I have more faith and excitement for this Franchise than I have had since after the 1999 season. Everyone is focused and working extremely hard this offseason.

These guys are not acting like a team that just won a single game out of sixteen. I recall a team like the Lions or the Chiefs or Browns. They seemed lost and simply fell apart. We seem to have put all of that behind us and I haven't heard one peep of anyone saying anything about past failures and everyone in the organization is superbly confident moving forward. I don't think we will be as bad as everyone seems to think but I guess that's just me being overly optimistic. The players at any route certainly don't feel like they will be a bad team, hell they are acting like they're trying to make a run for the playoffs next year and I wouldn't have it any other way...

With the state of our division, we could certainly make a run at the playoffs. Stranger things have happened.
                                :helmet:
                                -04-08-2010, 07:19 PM
                              • VegasRam
                                I don't really know how to say this
                                by VegasRam
                                So I'll just say it, (with lots of disclaimers to follow;)).

I think our first game this year is absolutely HUGE!

If we win that game, (no matter how), it is going to go a long way towards INSTANTLY changing the mindset of our entire team. They have beat us eight straight, (some resoundingly and some squeakers), but eight nonetheless.

We are getting no respect, (and don't deserve it); Seattle is, and is getting a pass for last year due to injuries, (which we never did, but that's yesterday's news), and it's on the road against (in my mind now), our most hated rival.

I would go so far as to say, if we win, we are looking at a guaranteed 9 wins, and maybe more.

(Disclaimer 1): If we lose, we'll win the predicted 5-6 games, which I really am OK with, given the state of the team when Spags took over.

But I can just see Spags quietly, in his own intense way, telling the team after the game; "See...! See what happens when you focus and play with intensity, when you play as a team, when you pay attention to the little things, when you trust and believe in each other?"

(Disclaimer 2) Again, if the Rams play well and lose, but can walk off the field with their heads up, and leave the Seahawks thinking, "those were not the Rams we've played the last 4 years", I'll be fine, and in no way will think the season's history.

It's just that (IMO) winning would have an incredible impact on the team's attitude...

...one that would stay with the team the whole year, and one that Spags could point to the whole season and say, "Remember opening day, on the road, against our fiercest rival, in a hostile environment...?"
                                -09-03-2009, 11:16 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                Quotes from the Players
                                by RamWraith
                                CB Tye Hill

(On having some time off)

“I’m definitely going home. Try and regroup and get ready to come back. I think this bye week couldn’t come at a more perfect time for me. I’m just looking forward to it.”

(On this bye week being much different from the bye week in college)

“I don’t think there is too much difference between Clemson, because our bye week, sometimes you can…the only good thing about the bye week is that you get to go home, but if you wanted to know when they’re going to stop practice…but here it’s a little different because I think we will practice up until like Thursday. We’ll be in full pads, hitting. The good thing about it is that it does help a lot of people to get healthy. They take it real light on the players that really need to get healthy. For me, if anything, I don’t think it could come at a better time for me.”

(On how he feels physically going into the bye week)

“I feel like my legs get a little tighter now than in college. When you look at it, we played four preseason games, and then the regular season, so I think we’ve played a total of 10 games already. The bye week really seems like it’s coming at the end of the season. My body is ready for it.”

(On learning from DE Anthony Hargrove’s situation)

“I really don’t know what to say about the situation. I really don’t know his whole situation, because like you said, we play two totally different positions, and we’re in two different rooms. I really don’t know what his real situation was. I’ve been too busy worrying about how to play. I hate to see him go. It’s a job. You’ve got to take it as so.”

(On going into the bye week with a loss)

“Losing before the bye, I think it gave us extra motivation to really work hard, and to really sit back and think about thing, and come back next week and just get ready to play. I think losing probably would help us coming off the bye.”

(On the pass interference call)

“That just goes to show that I’m a rookie. That just goes to show you what kind of season it is so far.”

LB Will Witherspoon

(On his speed contributing to his skills at the linebacker position)

“I think it does a great job utilizing my skills. My skills aren’t worth nothing if I don’t have a great group of guys to work around me. Pisa and Chillar, you know, that defensive front. The DE’s. All of us have to work together to really accomplish something.”

(On his job being more difficult if others aren’t doing their job properly)

“It makes it a whole lot tougher. That’s really what it comes down to. Knowing that the guys are going to get the job done all around.”

-10-17-2006, 04:07 PM
                              Working...
                              X