This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bulger the worst QB in the NFL?

I sure am glad that I didn't draft Bulger onto my fantasy team. 7 points scored in two full games. Can it get any worse? I cannot think of one starting NFL QB that I wouldn't take over Bulger. Our two backups would surely have produced more than 3.5 points per game. And yet I don't read any criticism of him at all. The usual line is that he is doing the best he can and the multiple failures are due to the bad play of others on the team. How did he earn such blind support that no other fanbase would give him? Maybe he is hurting from injuries. Whatever, let's see what the other QBs can do. Obviously we are not going to the playoffs with the current QB.

Re: Is Bulger the worst QB in the NFL?

Have you watched a Rams game this year?

Comment

You can partially blame the "O-line" on that one also.

Comment

This is a well thought out position that nobody on this board has ever considered before. This thread will garner a lot of fantastic responses because everybody around here is always saying "we need more threads on Marc Bulger."

Comment

In a word? NO!
          RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

Yes, 2 draft #1, one multimillion dollar QB and one first round QB.
            Russel, Cassel, Leftwich, Stafford, Campbell, Quinn.

Comment

Yeah, if it were Sanchez out there, he would have caught his own passes. ;)

Comment

You are saying you wouldnt draft Bulger onto your fantasy team, but Bulger had a better fantasy performance in week 2 than Tom Brady...
                @EssexRam_

Comment

Originally posted by tenplay View Post
                  Obviously we are not going to the playoffs with the current QB.
                  We arent going to the playoffs with any QB, because quite frankly we arent good enough
                  @EssexRam_

Comment

Ummm, if you believe he is the worst in the league, then he is.
                    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

Noob.

You clearly haven't watched any games this year.

Comment

Is Bulger the worst QB in the NFL?

I have a better question, Are the St. Louis rams the most uncoordinated team in the NFL?

Good to exceptional talent, but just cannot find the combinations to close the deal. Alex Barron was an all-world tackle at Florida State, and physically fits the bill to be one of the best in the league. But when I see him get beat on on two consecutive plays, both of which Carter got to Bulger, I get really upset. Alex is better than that...I know it! Remember when many said that Warner was through, washed-up, too old, always injured?

It ain't just the QB that that should be reviewed here.

Best to all

Comment

Originally posted by MoonJoe View Post
                          Ummm, if you believe he is the worst in the league, then he is.

Exactly! Argument closed..

Comment

Originally posted by Toicat View Post
                            I have a better question, Are the St. Louis rams the most uncoordinated team in the NFL?
                            What, you don't like the Rams' coodinators? GREAT question by the way.

Comment

Well i'm tired as hell of all the Bulger bashing (i frankly don't know what to think anymore), but the better thread here (inside the thread) is what starting qbs would you not start over Bulger... for me the list is the following

Trent Edwards, Brady Quinn, David Garrard, Kyle Orton, JaMarcus Russell, Jason Campbell, Matthew Stafford, Jake Delhomme, Byron Leftwitch, Shaun Hill

And really this list is very generous considering I'd really rather have the future of Stafford and possibly Quinn, and Garrard, Hill, and Delhomme are very close to Bulger (the Bulger of right now that is!!!!).

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

Stats Don't Lie - Bulger One Of Worst QB's In NFL
                                by Guest
                                My Claim, as a non-sunshine pumper, but a realist is that Marc Bulger is nothing special anymore, and with a sub-par line is more of a hindrance to this team than a benefit now.

I appears we've reached a point to where we cannot complain about Marc Bulgers performance, simply because our line is not great.

I've seen some of you go off on a tangent that I should, well let me rephrase, that the Bulger haters need to "prove that he sucks". You'll have to excuse me, as I thought it was rather obvious from watching him play. But then again, if you always have that caveat there that the "line sucks" then can you really prove or disprove anything? I'll try anyway.

This situation reminds me so much of David Carr. Supposed to be an awesome QB, who because of his line never got a chance to shine. Are they still saying that about him?

Well, alight. Let's look ole' Marc's numbers the last few seasons!

After the 2006 season, Marc Bulger has been one of the worst QB's (statistically speaking) in the league. It's now almost 2010 and I see some of you are still in denial. Which somehow makes ME a troll? Haha, no.

• In 2008 Bulger had a pathetic QB rating of 71.4 ranked 30th out of 32 qb's.

• Then in 2007 an equally pathetic rating of 70.3 again ranked 30 out of 33 qb's.

• To add flames of "epic fail" on top, in 2008 Gus Ferotte goes to Minnesota and has a slightly better QB rating at 73.7 and overall rating of 28 to Bulgers ranking of 30.

If a lot of you remember, some people (like me) suggested (in 07') we might be better with Ferotte playing instead of Bulger. Many of you Bulger pumpers claimed this was "RIDICULOUS". Hrmm... Maybe not so ridiculous after-all.

I am also a big believer in offensive and defensive systems and/or coordinators. Marc Bulger has in many ways ruined the following coaches careers.

#1. Mike Martz (Niners finished him off and is no now jobless)
                                #2. Scott Linehan (Lions Off-Coordinator? LOL)
                                #3. Greg Olson (Bucs QB Coach)
                                #4. Al Saunders (Now jobless)

Marc Bulger is the grim reaper of offensive coordinators/coaches. Pat Shurmur, I pray for you nightly.

Now I know a lot of you will say the offensive line sucks again and again, and that that is why Bulger has struggled.

I will say that while our line is not great, Marc Bulger amplifies the problem of our offensive line with his inability to read the defense and get rid of the ball quickly. He's unsure, and slow. A horrible combination with Alex Barron at left tackle. Or any tackle spot. I know, I know - I'm negative. I am harsh and I call it like it is. I hope the team improves. That's part of the fun of watching a bad team. The day they start to play good. It makes it all worth it.

I'm just sick to death...
                                -08-17-2009, 05:24 PM
                              • BEER
                                Two Rooks better than Bulger!
                                by BEER
                                I dont have a lot to say, but what I do have to say is this.

Matt Ryan! A rook looks 10 times better than Bulger.

Flaco! A rook looks 10 times better than Bulger.

I like Bulger in the fact that I would like to hang out and drink a beer, but

as a QB in the NFL for OUR Rams, I got to say I cant stand him.
                                -11-30-2008, 05:01 PM
                              • RamsInfiniti
                                Bulger has always been an average QB that couldn't carry a team to victory?
                                by RamsInfiniti
                                .... 2001-2006 ....

60 games played ...

65.1 Comp %, 250.1 YPG, 95 TD, 59 INT, 90 + QB RATE ....

36-24 Record (.600 Pct) as starter ...

16 game winning 4th quarter drives - I guess he didn't play an active role in any of this ...

Just wondering what the opinion is from those that claim Bulger has "always sucked" or that he "cannot read defenses". Did he put up those number by luck?
                                -12-02-2008, 01:28 PM
                                Bulger or Bust?
                                by Guest
                                Let me start off from a quote from VegasRam which is truely factual:

"We yap and yap and yap about all our other problems, and while that's valid, it's amazing how a good QB reduces their significance. Look at the Packers the other nite. Played like crap, (175 yards in penalties alone), but won with what I consider an excellent QB, against a good D.

I like Bulger a lot, and think he's a good QB. Make that was. He flat doesn't have it anymore for whatever reason - mental and/or physical.

The Colts floundered for years, until guess what? Same with Dallas. Same with Arizona. Same with Pittsburgh. Same with the Saints. Same with the Giants. Same with the Chargers. Same with Seattle. Same with the Pats. Same with Denver in reverse.

It starts and ends with the QB, and we need one NOW!"

Now i know some of you are absolute Bulger fans and would love to sniff his Jock if he gave you the chance (not naming any names ;-) But it seems like some of you are so blindly following him that it doesn't matter how or what he does you support him and anybody else who doesn't support him you get mad at them and have a two year old fit. Others of you will say this topic has been beat to death, thanks for your opinion then don't comment on this thread there are others who want our voices heard....

This is exactly how I feel about Bulger which is a good quote "I think Bulger is a good guy and he puts up a lot of effort and he plays hurt, but he also misses easy throws and does not seem motivated to move the chains at times. I like seeing other QBs in there right now, just for a change."

I like Bulger personally and he had some great seasons with us but whether it is Physical or Mental/Confidence problems he has now I don't think he can get the job done for us anymore as a starter.He has taking a hell of a beating the last couple of years from our crappy line and He's kinda like a boxer who gets knocked out and rocked for the first time and is never the same again like he was in his prime. We have about one more yea rleft maybe with Bulger as our QB and I'd like to see him mentor a QB we get in the draft for a year before he leaves and I don't think it makes much sense to get rid of him after this season with all the dead money that will be involved of just letting him go after the saeson but who knows..... ownership has gotten rid of all veterens on the team and he may be next...
                                -12-09-2009, 08:48 PM
                                IF you wanted to get rid of Bulger, how do u do it?
                                by Guest
                                Please don't enter this thread to complain about another Bulger thread. Some people here don't like Bulger and they've got just as much right to post here as anyone else. Soo, I'm interested.

How do you get rid of Bulger?
                                -11-30-2008, 08:07 PM
                              Working...
                              X