Couple of questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions..

1) Are you guys happy with our so called " moral victory"?

2) WHen do we get our first win?

my answers:
    1) I'm not happy with the moral victory because obv. I would love to see the rams win but I'm glad we actually showed a little something something

2) Week 6 AT jAX

Re: Couple of questions..

1. Yes and No
    2. Week 3 vs. Pack
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

No I'm not happy with a morale victory.

First win week 8 at Detroit.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as a moral victory.

The Rams first win will be Sunday against Green Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
          As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as a moral victory.

The Rams first win will be Sunday against Green Bay.
          Thats the additude to have. This team is capable of a win any week seeing the talent we have and how we came so close last week if not for a few critical mistakes. Nothing will tell me otherwise that we can't get wins against teams from here on out. I don't scratch us out against any team on the schedule knowing the capabilities. Now will we and when we is the question and I say it comes next week at GB we need the win to keep the season alive for anything.

Comment

No

Maybe sometime next season we might get a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Lange View Post
              Thats the additude to have. This team is capable of a win any week seeing the talent we have and how we came so close last week if not for a few critical mistakes. Nothing will tell me otherwise that we can't get wins against teams from here on out. I don't scratch us out against any team on the schedule knowing the capabilities. Now will we and when we is the question and I say it comes next week at GB we need the win to keep the season alive for anything.

Talent? Where.

Comment

Not entirely, and this week.

If the Rams lose and you ask the question again next week, the answers will be...

Not entirely, and this week.

Comment

Never happy with a moral victory. A loss is a loss. We can be happy some improvement was shown in certain areas, but there is no substitute for winning.

Hopefully, the crowd will help us in our home opener get our first win vs. Green Bay. We have a shot, but it's gonna' take the same type of defensive effort we showed vs. Washington to get it.

Comment

Regardless of the losses, I think overall the team is improving everyday. Look at the comparison to the last 2 years where there was practically (might be an exaggeration) no improvement over each year. We're only on week 2 and there is a vast improvement between week 1 and week 2... So things can only get better granted everyone stays healthy and keeps the passion up.

I'm looking forward to seeing them improve through the year!

Comment

1. Happy? Not really, but at least a little more optimistic.

2. Week 3. After flying from one coast to the other, we finally catch a break with a home game against a beatable team.

Comment

Originally posted by rams2061 View Post
                        No

Maybe sometime next season we might get a win.

I think so too. We will not win a game this season because every team out there is clearly better than us, even the lions.

Is there even such thing as a morale victory? Not to me; either you win or you lose! no excuses there is no reason why this team, especially the offensive line, should be this bad after all those moves. I am sick and tired of hearing " great game" or " we played hard but fell short" NO!! I WANT WINS NOTHING LESS or its going to be another high pick next year, which we will probably screw up AGAIN

Comment

First win next week. Give SJ the ball lots of times!

Comment

1.) could care less for a "moral" victory, it is still NOT a W
                            2.) this week against GREEN BAY, RAMS 20 Packers 17

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
                              If the Rams win next week, I'll be happy... regardless.
                              by AvengerRam_old
                              At this point in the season, given all that has happened, I'm happy that the Rams still have a shot at the playoffs. I hope things work out and they make it, but if they beat the Jets, who will be motivated and are a tough team, I'll be happy. Even if it doesn't work out so the Rams make the playoffs, I'll be happy to end the season on a positive note and move on to the offseason.

That said... I sure hope the Rams make the playoffs!
                              -12-27-2004, 09:59 PM
                            • laram0
                              Happy to be 3-3!
                              by laram0
                              3-3 is better than I thought we would be after the first 6 games of the season. We could easily be 5-1. Lost a squeaker to the Lions and we outplayed the Dolphins big time!

Our next 3 games are going to be very challenging to say the least. This is where the rubber meets the road.

vs Green Bay
                              vs New England
                              @ San Francisco
                              -10-15-2012, 07:25 AM
                            • r8rh8rmike
                              Game Balls To....
                              by r8rh8rmike
                              Hekker for that critical 78 yard punt that flipped the field and led to the go ahead FG, and Ogletree for that spectacular interception to seal the deal. Two absolutely amazing plays.

Ugly win, but I'll take it.
                              -11-13-2016, 01:12 PM
                            • AvengerRam_old
                              You don't need to downplay a win to express concern about the team.
                              by AvengerRam_old
                              Do the Rams have problems?

Hell, yes.

Playcalling, inconsistent O line play, rushed throws, dropped passes, failing to seal the edge on runs, poor pass coverage, special teams penalties...

The list remains long.

But does that mean that a win - and I mean ANY win - should be downplayed?

Hell, no.

Ask the Giants.

Ask the Vikings.

Ask the Steelers.

Ask the Bucs.

A win in the NFL is a precious thing. Nobody is guaranteed anything from week to week, much less from year to year.

More importantly, you have to consider the impact of a game like yesterday on the team.

Don't you think that the O line is feeling a bit better about themselves?
                              Don't you think that Zac Stacy is feeling like he really belongs in the starting lineup?
                              Don't you think yesterday was a boost to Sam Bradford's confidence?
                              Don't you think that the defense has a bit of a swagger after producing 3 turnovers?

Winning does not cure everything, but it sure does help treat the symptoms.

So... enjoy the win, Rams fans.

You can be happy and concerned at the same time.
                              -10-07-2013, 07:46 AM
                            • RamDez
                              2004 – RamDez puts it on the line
                              by RamDez
                              Last year I hit the nail right on its proverbial head and called the season for our St Louis Rams right down to the wire. I will once again put my meager brain cells to work and let’s see what comes out.

Week One

Arizona Cardinals at St Louis Rams
                              Sunday, Sep. 12

The Rams open at home in the “Ed” and should put the Cardinals to the wall. I see the Cardinals as a far better team this year with their new Head Coach Green. But this will be a building year for them and it will take Green more than one season to take this franchise out of the cellar. Rams Win: 1-0

Week Two

St Louis Rams @ Atlanta Falcons
                              Sunday, Sep. 19

The Rams go on the road for a match up with Vick and his motley crew. This is one of my 50 – 50 games but I will put my neck on the line here and mark the Rams down for a win in a squeaker. Rams Win; 2-0

Week Three

New Orleans Saints @ St Louis Rams

Sunday, Sep. 26

Right, its about time we met up with our old buddies from the west. We remind them what they have been missing and quickly stomp on them. This is also the ClanRam Bash so we have a lot to look forward to. Rams Win: 3-0

Week Four

St Louis Rams @ San Francisco Whiners

Sunday, Oct. 3 Sunday night game.

The whiners will be a bad team this year but I get the uneasy feeling it wont be at this game. The whiners will keep this game close but will still come out losers. Rams Win: 4-0

Week Five

St Louis Rams @ Seattle Seahawks

Sunday, Oct. 10

This will be a premier match up of two very good teams. It will also be the Rams first loss of the season. Rams Loose: 4-1

Week Six

Tampa Bay Bucs @ St Louis Rams

Monday, Oct. 18

Rams will loose, what can I say. They just don’t play well under the spotlight. A two game loosing streak and the Rams Nation will be up in arms. Rams Loose: 4-2

Week Seven

St Louis Rams @ Miami Dolphins

Sunday, Oct. 24

Going into the open week and the Rams are reeling with a two game loosing streak. Will they turn it around? Away from home against the Dolphins. Mmmmm, this is another 50 – 50 game for me but I am going to say. Rams Loose: 4-3

Week Eight

Open Week

Week Nine

New England Patriots @ St Louis Rams

Sunday, Nov. 7

Man, we just come off a 3 game loosing streak then have to suffer a by week and to top it all the Rams Nation is about to implode on itself. What the hell will happen against out SuperBowl nemeses? I will tell you what will happen. We will take them apart. Rams Win: 5-3

Week Ten

Sunday, Nov. 14

Seattle Seahawks @ St Louis Rams

Seattle Seahawks come to the Ed...
                              -06-18-2004, 12:41 PM
                            Working...
                            X