Im sick of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im sick of...

hearing so called fans say how we need to lighten up, we're rebuilding, , blah, blah...these are freaking winnable games and shooting ourselves in the foot hs nothing to do with rebuliding. they are "professionals", that get paid very well to do their job...the dolphins and falcons complelely turned it around in 1 year!. Im not even looking for that much, but 8-8, 7-9 maybe for crying out loud?? peopel seem content to go 2-14 again, b/c we're "rebuilding".....set some freaking high standards! what does rebuilding have to do with avery's fumble? I am so freaking sick of losing, we are the absloute joke of the NFL...and we have been for 5-6 years...and being ok, with 2-14 its just going to take longer tot urn around...so all you pepole out there that say calm down, go screw it, b/c i am so frustrated and embarrassed to be a ram fan right now...look a tbobby april hes regarding as one of the best now...here, he sucked..we had players like lewis and pickett, same thing...which was was it, coaches or plyers that sucked...how can it freaking be both!!

Re: Im sick of...

Um, ok ....

Comment

yea, thats what i figured, you're prob. one of those clowns that think we're rebuilding, dont worry, we'll turn it around....3 years later.........Devaney gone, spags on the hotseat and nother 2-14 season looming..

Comment

Too bad you're not staying positive.
        I have faith in the Rams and that this season will turn around in more ways than one. The coaches are a lot (cannot emphasize this enough) better than the previous coaches in the at least the past 3 years. The players are noticeably playing like a team, unlike the last 2 years. I'm watching them on TV and can see how well they respect each other and working as a team, I bet it'd be better to see them in person! :P

Yes mistakes happen professional and not, in Avery's case. But that's what practice and fundamental drill work is for.

Comment

hey, i like spags too...i guess im most frustrated when some poeple just dont get it when fans are pissed and frustrated that we can continue to lose...i guesss it just stuff ive seena nd read that gets me pissed...obviously not everyone feels that way...

Comment

I hear your pain Iím for one is not content with losing but we have very little in the way of talent. I know it is spill milk but you have the other management to blame for that. I see a team like the Jets make move after move to get better and see us make small moves that donít change the direction of the team example when we would not give up a second round draft choice for DT Jenkins. Bad drafts we all know who the pick were, it leaves us where we are now. In a rebuilding mold with little play makers on this team. It will take Spags in the front office time to fix it. I am mad as h*** about the state of the team but it is what it is.
            :ramlogo:

Comment

shooting ourselves in the foot hs nothing to do with rebuliding.
              Young players tend to make mistakes. We are a very young team learning a new system.

that get paid very well to do their job
              I get paid to do my job but I still make mistakes.

Im not even looking for that much, but 8-8, 7-9 maybe for crying out loud??
              We still may get that we just played to road games, that where also home openers. We just played two games.

peopel seem content to go 2-14 again
              I'm loving life it's great!

Lighten up, we're rebuilding and it's going to take a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by kman View Post
                hey, i like spags too...i guess im most frustrated when some poeple just dont get it when fans are pissed and frustrated that we can continue to lose...i guesss it just stuff ive seena nd read that gets me pissed...obviously not everyone feels that way...
                One, I don't understand the concert of being embarrassed because of my NFL allegiance. You might want to figure out what is truly important in life ...

Second, your rant almost gave me a seizure because it was all jumbled together. Very difficult to read ...

Third, I don't think we were the laughing stock of the league by going 8-8, 6-10, and 8-8 in 2004, 2005, and 2006. Not great, but competitive ...

Fourth, have you ever watched the games this year? If so, if you are unable to see the differences beteen this team and the 2007-2008 teams, then you are just blind, or you'll never be satisfied with anything. This team is night and day different. No doubt they'll be highly competetive by the bye week ...

Fifth, what is getting angry about this going to accomplish? You do realize you aren't part of the franchise. You are free to go jump on another bandwagon if you please ...

Sixth, I've mentioned this before, if you are patient, you'll get to be part of a franchise growing from a seed, like a garden. A truly fulfilling experience. It won't take three years ...

That's all ...

Comment

I'm sick of poorly punctuated rants that inevitably end of being intolerant of anyone who happens to disagree with the central premise, should there actually be one, of said rant.

One year turnarounds are the exception, not the norm and they're very rarely sustained to any great degree.

Not only did we have to change the back-office staff, the coaching staff and the playing staff but we have also had to embark on culture-change. Changing the losing habits of a number of seasons, not just one.

You mention Bobby April and I'll raise you Paul Boudreau, outstanding examples of talented coaches who lost themselves in the Rams dysfunction for a couple of years before returning to form almost as soon as they'd exited the building.

There was something deeply rotten in our franchise that only now appears to be being surgically addressed.

Patience is the only option any of us have.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Pang View Post
                    Patience is the only option any of us have.
                    Excellent response, Fat; especially this last statement.

WHAT SAY YE?

Comment

I have read none of ya'll posts, but I'M SICK OF getting banned on websites, warnings etc. Wtf is going on? I love the Rams, this post started good I'll have to read it. :helmet: <<< Look at that beautiful helmet........oh Rams. You've come back to me LOL P.s I'm angry cuz I've been accused of being intoxicated and "crazy", I've been BOTH many times, but who really cares when I'm on a ****ing RAMS/NFL forum? If you're so offended, skip my posts. This site is COOL, but I got a warning, for what? Voicing my opinion that I hate Bulger? Hey, he should get used to it, until he does great I will ALWAYS think that of him. If I can't say that here, ok, I'll say it in the streets lol. Go ahead, call me crazy, but let me also come back with stuff, I ain't gonna get through to you througha computer!!! Also, I've only been WARNED here, serioulsy, that's so gay, just like security started to be in old Yankee Stadium. Let's relax, back to the 70's-80's, I don't like being banned all the time. Freedom of speech is what made America great, it's turning very strict/lawful against true Americans. And I don't like it!!!:helmet: Banned on a football forum. Totally lame. And I DON'T mean ClanRam. I mean anywhere where I get BANNED.

Comment

I'm sick of so-called reality TV shows, the health care debate, Jimmy Carter, anything endorsed by Oprah, teenybopper pop singers, sequels, remakes, prequels, conspiracy theorists, afternoon thunderstorms, ESPN's narrow view of the sporting world, the ever-changing theories on health and nutrition, prima donna wide receivers, and... of course, Chris Berman.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
                          I'm sick of so-called reality TV shows, the health care debate, Jimmy Carter, anything endorsed by Oprah, teenybopper pop singers, sequels, remakes, prequels, conspiracy theorists, afternoon thunderstorms, ESPN's narrow view of the sporting world, the ever-changing theories on health and nutrition, prima donna wide receivers, and... of course, Chris Berman.
                          LOL. Watch out,people; AV's got his Andy Rooney crankypants on.

Can I throw in that stupid dancing robot on football broadcasts? Somebody needs to go all Optimus Prime on his tin tuchus.

Oh, and Phil Simms & Collinsworth's pseudo-witty bickering. Get a hotel room already & leave us out of your mating dance, girls.

Comment

I agree with Avenger Ram's beefs totally.
                            Azul Phil Simms is and was a great QB. Collisnworth annoys me.

Comment

LOL I meant Phil Simms WAS a great QB and IS a great broadcaster. LOL

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsInfiniti
                                So, it's starting to become real ....
                                by RamsInfiniti
                                And that means no more excuses. You know, we've been one of the league's whipping boys for a couple years know. It's commonplace to crack jokes about the Rams, we have been one of the league's worst. And man, we're just now a decade removed from our glorious Super Bowl run ...

So look at us now? The accountants and lawyers have been run out of dodge. We've got a real football man coaching this team, a real deal coaching staff, no more washed up defensive coordinators, or offensive coordinators trying to reinvent the GSOT. We've got solid football men running the show. While I don't think we'll be high octane and balls to wall, I do think these guys will put a smash mouth no nonsense product on the field, but still find a little time to be creative and fun ...

So what does this all mean? Well, we are not going to be the laughing stock anymore. As somebody mentioned, eventually, somebody is going to start noticing us and then the Rams will matter again. And what will that mean? It will mean losing will really hurt. Not hurt like it did the past two years, because we were just plain bad. It will hurt because there are real expectations, because we will be expected to matter, and we will be expected to be a factor ...

These guys are making all the right moves. Jason Brown was our splash, and I like that, but it's the little pieces that get added that will really count. It will be getting a Setterstrom back on the field, growing an Adeyanju, resigning a Jason Craft to do dirty work, rebuilding Tye Hill, that will make us contenders. Can they accomplish all this in a short period of time? We'll see ...

But boy, what a transformation. Just a year ago, we were one of the oldest teams in the league, now we are one of the youngest. There is a new dynamic here. In recent years past, I've been nervous going into the off season and I've always tried to find someway to be positive, which I have succeeded at. I don't have to find a reason this year, because they've already given us quite a few ...

I must say, the nervousness is REALLY here now, but not because I am afraid to lose. Believe it or not, I'm actually a little afraid of winning at this point ...

Now figure that one out ...
                                -04-07-2009, 08:43 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                The Zen of AvengerRam
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                I don't know what it is.

Maybe, its just that I have a lot of other things going on in my life.

Maybe, its because I'm getting older.

Whatever the reason, I just don't seem to have it in me to get angry about the inevitable criticism, teeth-gnashing, scapegoat hunting and condemnation of the Rams. In the past, I had a passion for providing counter-arguments for every over-the-top, knee-jerk, broad-brushed comment about the team, its players, the coaching staff and the ownership.

I just don't have it in me any more.

I see a lot of hope for this franchise. I believe that there is a young core of players that is bound to produce some significant contributers. I look at Kroenke's rise to power as a sign of good things to come. I believe that there will be more to cheer for this year than most believe there will be, and a playoff appearance within 2-3 years.

I know there are some who doubt this, or wholly disagree. That's fine. I'm tired of arguing. I'm tired of having to explain such obvious concepts as "every team has injuries," or "a player who's been in the league for 3 games cannot be described as a bust."

Its enough already.

I just want to be a fan. To enjoy the anticipation of each Sunday. To cheer until the clock reads 0:00. To find reason for hope even when things are down.

That's what made being a fan fun for me when I was a kid. Why should it be different now?

For those "naysayers" out there... well... I've fought the good fight against you. I'll continue to try to drown you out with my optimism, but I'm done playing your game. Nothing will ever eradicate those types of "fans," so why bother trying?

There's a big circle around 9/12/10 on my calendar. I get to travel to St. Louis once more and watch the start of another Rams season. I will do so with the belief, even if unrealistic, that this could be the year when it all turns around.

I can't wait.
                                -07-29-2010, 01:52 PM
                              • Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                                How Hungry Are the Rams Going Into This Year?
                                by Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                                Around Saint Louis and listening and getting the feel from Rams players, I get the sense that we are quickly becoming one of the hardest working and hungry teams out there. Listening to Laurinaitis, Steven, Chris Long, and even new guys coming like Na'il Diggs. Diggs said the main reason he came here was because he wanted to be apart of something special. Helping to raise a football team from the utter depths of mediocrity into respectability and success. He said he felt that DeSpags was building something special here and he wanted to be apart of it. Ron Bartell said something similar when the Saints were making a run at him. I truly believe we are headed in the right direction and I have more faith and excitement for this Franchise than I have had since after the 1999 season. Everyone is focused and working extremely hard this offseason.

These guys are not acting like a team that just won a single game out of sixteen. I recall a team like the Lions or the Chiefs or Browns. They seemed lost and simply fell apart. We seem to have put all of that behind us and I haven't heard one peep of anyone saying anything about past failures and everyone in the organization is superbly confident moving forward. I don't think we will be as bad as everyone seems to think but I guess that's just me being overly optimistic. The players at any route certainly don't feel like they will be a bad team, hell they are acting like they're trying to make a run for the playoffs next year and I wouldn't have it any other way...

With the state of our division, we could certainly make a run at the playoffs. Stranger things have happened.
                                :helmet:
                                -04-08-2010, 07:19 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Things I'm sick of...
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                I'm so sick of...
                                • The media treating "Ram Front Office Turmoil" as a major scoop. We all know the front office has had problems. We all know there has been a divide. We all know that Martz's illness has allowed his detractors to rise to the surface. We all know that the team's development has been impacted by these problems. But, I also have no doubt that the Rams' story is hardly as dramatic... hardly as unusual... and hardly as cut-and-dry as the Bernies, Silvers and others would have us believe. Remember, sports columnists are storytellers, not journalists. Good journalism often does not make for a good story.
                                • The extremes of fandom. While I can't join in with those who see an upcoming seven game win streak, I'm also not ready to declare the Rams a lost cause. The truth, as usual, is somewhere in the middle. The Rams have some talented players, both established and "up-and-coming." They need more, particularly in a few key positions. They also need coaches who can put it all together. As great fans have said for decades... there's always next year.
                                • This season. This has been one of the least enjoyable Ram seasons in recent memory. Too much "he said, he said"... not enough Xs and Os. Too much disappointment, not enough hope. While I'll still be hyped for the games each Sunday, I have to admit... part of me just wants this year to be over with.
                                Anyway, as my new sig says (Yes, I'm off the Vitt thing)...

THE HORNS WILL ENDURE!
                                -11-15-2005, 10:31 PM
                              • RamsFanSam
                                OK, convince me!
                                by RamsFanSam
                                I have read plenty of posts from people saying fans shouldn't look at the bright side of last night's defeat, that instead we should all don sackcloth and ashes, and mourn the death of the 2008 season for our Rams.

Convince me why I should!

I watched only the first quarter, but I did listen to the entire game. Of course, the TV broadcast was done by the Titans Network, meaning that the commentary was biased in favor of the Titans. The other 3 quarters was a mix of NFL's gamecenter and KTVI audio, niether of which was very good.

What I came out of the media barrage I witnessed is the following:

1. Marc looked a little rusty. Of course, considering that there was only TWO others on the offense who had ever played in Saunder's system, I expected to see some confusion. But, I guess that since Marc didn't launch a 99 yard Hail Mary for 6 on the first possession means that Marc is all washed up. After all, when a reciever isn't in the right place at the right time, it's always the QB's fault.

2. I also saw a really good defense beat our O-line. Considering that these front five guys have NEVER played a single game together before, We know it's all Pace's fault. He is all washed up, and we should have traded for Jake Long and then overpaid him to take Pace's spot.

3. I saw 2 passes go long, so long that no one on either team had a chance to get to them. It didn't matter that both times the recievers were double covered and had no chance in hell of breaking away, those recievers must suck, so we should have traded them for some untested rookie. Darn Linehan for drafting someone who has skills that our offense could use instead of some other rookie!

4. I saw our defense get beat up. Badly. Even though they made a solid stand in the red zone, we know they suck. It doesn't matter that some of our starters were out, we should have beaten the Titans back into the stone age with undersized, inexperienced rookies. It's all Haslett's fault for not having UFA's and rookies available that we can afford.

5. Our "wannabe's" didn't come back in the second half and win the game. Of course, they have had a whole 90 days or so to forget everything they ever learned about football just to learn football all over again. I forget that other millionaires such as Bill Gates have been there before. Didn't he have to forget everything he knew about Windows 98 to learn Windows XP in just 90 days? He didn't? Oh my. Those rookies and coaches have to go....NOW!

So, as you can see, I am NOT saying everything will be OK by next week. In fact, I'll be happy if we win 3 of our first 8, and come out 8-8 this season. I know all is not well in St. Louis as of yet, and I didn't expect it to be. Last year I had hope, because everything was in place. This year, we have a tougher schedule, most of our great players are either gone or they are getting...
                                -08-10-2008, 03:41 PM
                              Working...
                              X