Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many millions did Bartell get?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How many millions did Bartell get?

    Ugh!

    Whatever the amount......it's yet to pay dividends!


    :helmet:

  • #2
    Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

    Originally posted by Ferter View Post
    Ugh!

    Whatever the amount......it's yet to pay dividends!


    :helmet:
    Why, because he got beat a couple of times when Rogers had 6+ seconds to throw. Not many CB's in the NFL can cover a guy for 6+ seconds EVERY play. Not only that, but they were targeting the deep half that Dahl was in most of the time, otherwise, Bartell just happened to be there.

    He did get beat 2-3 times pretty bad, but like I said, with no pass rush, there are very few CB's who can keep up with a good WR for all that time.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

      Originally posted by King Laurinaitis View Post
      Why, because he got beat a couple of times when Rogers had 6+ seconds to throw. Not many CB's in the NFL can cover a guy for 6+ seconds EVERY play. Not only that, but they were targeting the deep half that Dahl was in most of the time, otherwise, Bartell just happened to be there.

      He did get beat 2-3 times pretty bad, but like I said, with no pass rush, there are very few CB's who can keep up with a good WR for all that time.
      No, because he hasn't played well this year period. Yes the D-line is supsect but still he is making poor plays in the passing game. Looks like the big pay day curse rises up again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

        Originally posted by ManofGod View Post
        No, because he hasn't played well this year period. Yes the D-line is supsect but still he is making poor plays in the passing game. Looks like the big pay day curse rises up again.
        You take him out of the lineup, and we look MUCH worse. He's doing as much as he can, but you can't ask one or two players to make a defense good. In time we'll get a pass rush I hope, and then you will see Bartell shine. He got beat pretty bad, but 2-3 failed coverages with all the time isn't too bad to be honest. Would it help if those 2-3 coverages were good, absolutely, but you can't say he's not performing because of that.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

          To answer the question, Bartell signed a four-year, $25 million contract with $13.6 million guaranteed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

            Rough day for Ron, for sure!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

              Well if James Butler was still in there it probably would have been a better day for Bartell. I mean we need to blitz more to get pressure on the QB cuz those recievers had alot of time to get open.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

                Coaching staff out thought themselves today. Been getting killed by tightends, so they leave the DB's on an island, one on one with wideouts, leaving safeties and linebackers to prevent the thrashing in the middle by TE's. No safety help, no pass rush, equates to getting killed by wide outs running free. A wide receiver ALWAYS has the advantage in this situation, all you have to do is outrun a defensive back who starts out backpedaling ....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

                  I am going to cut Bartell some slack because Rodgers was back in the pocket forever. He made a horrible play on that 3rd and 7 from their own 26. all he had to do was put his hands up and he would have batted it down. Instead, he kept his back turned to the ball.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

                    I'm not going to make excuses for him today, sometimes it was Dahl's fault, but today he looked lost in coverage 1 on 1 vs. Greg Jennings.

                    those passes Bartell gave up were part of there 2 of 3 long drives. Passes of 50 and 53 given up by Bartell to Jennings. Fletcher also gave up big plays... y the rookie was in against the vet Driver i dont know. The D was given a short field all day because of turnovers. We dont give up those deep bombs, and who knows. I will say if Butler was in the line Bartell would have more help.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

                      Originally posted by ManofGod View Post
                      No, because he hasn't played well this year period. Yes the D-line is supsect but still he is making poor plays in the passing game. Looks like the big pay day curse rises up again.
                      OK...Riddle me this. What would we do if we had lost his services for this year? Because if we had not paid him, someone else would have.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

                        Originally posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
                        I am going to cut Bartell some slack because Rodgers was back in the pocket forever. He made a horrible play on that 3rd and 7 from their own 26. all he had to do was put his hands up and he would have batted it down. Instead, he kept his back turned to the ball.

                        I played defensive back in high school and I can't tell you how this absolutely drives me up a wall. It's one of the first things a coach tells you. FREAKIN TURN AROUND AND LOOK FOR THE BALL!!! Certainly, if a guy blows by you, one doesn't have that luxury, but holy cow- it's amazing how often professional defensive backs commit this very sin and get burned when all they have to do is turn around and make a play on the ball.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

                          Originally posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
                          Coaching staff out thought themselves today. Been getting killed by tightends, so they leave the DB's on an island, one on one with wideouts, leaving safeties and linebackers to prevent the thrashing in the middle by TE's. No safety help, no pass rush, equates to getting killed by wide outs running free. A wide receiver ALWAYS has the advantage in this situation, all you have to do is outrun a defensive back who starts out backpedaling ....
                          I'll just post exactly what I said in my CORNERBACKS thread from last week;

                          But see, this is what always happens to our defense. In years past our defensive coordinators would keep going from one thing to another to figure out how to get that magical mix of coverage and pass rush.

                          They blitz, exposing our horrible corners. They sit back and pick us apart exposing our weak defensive line AND corners. We go back and forth with that routinely. I think Spags is gonna run a bend but don't break defense because he almost has too. He doesn't have the corners to leave them on islands which means we can't bring a bunch of heat without risking getting burnt.
                          Let the games begin. The truth is, our entire team sucks. I wish it werent true, but it is. We bounce around from one weakness to another every week and every week it's a different weakness that's exposed.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

                            Originally posted by PeoriaRam View Post
                            OK...Riddle me this. What would we do if we had lost his services for this year? Because if we had not paid him, someone else would have.
                            and then we would be saying that whoever signed him for that much money overpaid him just like the Rams did,I like the guy,I think he is a good player,but he was in the right place at the right time and he was paid a crazy amount of money because of it,he is not and will not be a pro bowl type player even though he is paid like one.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How many millions did Bartell get?

                              Overpaid or not, who would be his replacement?

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • RamsSB99
                                Ron Bartell?
                                by RamsSB99
                                How do you guys think Bartell is doing? I thought the first game they really went after him in the passing game. I did not get to watch the second game but I listened to a good part of it. The first game I thought he was giving to big of a cushion and the receiver could make a catch in just about any part of the field. I have been looking for stats on thrown at versus passes defensed but have been unable to find any on Bartell. It seemed like he was thrown at several times in both games and had just 1 pass defense in each game.
                                -09-25-2009, 06:04 PM
                              • AtlantaRamFan
                                Bartell
                                by AtlantaRamFan
                                I watched the game but I'm not sure if it was just me, so someone else help me out. It looked like on a couple plays Bartell might have had a play on the ball, but seemed not to try. I hope I'm wrong, but for those that watched did you see it any differently?
                                -08-18-2007, 08:25 PM
                              • Speedyroach
                                Is Bartell really a number 1 corner..Nope
                                by Speedyroach
                                Bartell had a good year for a bad team. He was also beaten long a number of times. My concern is our paying #1 corner salary to a less than top notch corner.

                                I really think Bartell is at best a 5 mil player, paying him more than 7 mil per year is way too much. Remember for three years we couldn't decide if he was a corner or a safety. Now, he is a top notch corner...nope.

                                Sign bartell, but don't break the bank for him. If we are to pay top dollar go for McFadden.
                                -03-02-2009, 12:25 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Bartell: Overpay or Goodbye?
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                As the start of the Free Agency period is growing closer by the minute, the Rams are going to have to make a tough decision. Do you overpay for Ron Bartell (someone is going to) in the hope that he will justify the money with his play over the next 3-5 years, or do you say goodbye, risk that he becomes a Pro Bowl player elsewhere, and leave the team short on proven CBs?

                                There won't be a bargain here. The NFL knows that Bartell is a commodity, and there isn't going to be a major home-town discount (you can thank Zygmunt for not locking him up months ago). If you want him, you have to pay close to top dollar.

                                What do YOU do?
                                Bite the bullet and pay the man.
                                69.77%
                                60
                                Let someone else overpay him and find a cheaper replacement.
                                30.23%
                                26
                                -02-25-2009, 12:34 PM
                              • RockinRam
                                Ron Bartell
                                by RockinRam
                                So how about his hands eh?



                                But seriously, I think that drop changed the momentum quite a bit. I guess those missed opportunities just add up don't they?

                                :|
                                -10-10-2010, 09:11 PM
                              Working...
                              X