What Player....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Player....

.....Are you guys going to single out for this weeks loss?

You can't blame Avery this week (or I suppose you could). Regardless, I'm sure you arm chair experts will single out someone.

:helmet:

Re: What Player....

I can see how this was a productive topic. Congrats.

Comment

I am blaming this loss on our first quarter mess ups. We handed them the ball so many times in our red zone. Defense held up but they still came away with 9 points. The player that lost us the game IMO was the secondary, cant single out just one of them. The D-line barely got any pressure on Rodgers throughout the game so they get some blame too.

Comment

are you implying that the avery fumble in the skins game didn't kill us? i don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Comment

I take full responsibilty for todays loss. Even as a devoted fan I picked against them in my office pool. I would have loved to see them win, but I had to be real and go with the odds.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mooselini
            Player of the game
            by Mooselini
            I think it has to go to Laurent Robinson.

Way to make big plays when you need to, and nice snag in the end zone. He's going to become a key player for this team. That's for sure!

Honorable mention goes to the Rams defense. Though we let up a few stupid plays, we stopped them when it matters!

Sucks that we lost, but the effort was definitely there this week.
            -09-20-2009, 12:54 PM
          • thermobee
            I have to be honest and say that Avery has...
            by thermobee
            ... disappointed me the first two games of the season. He tries to do too much ( which is ok with me as long as you pick your spots ) and puts our team in a bad position. Dont get me wrong I am not bashing on the guy or calling him a bust in any way, I am just saying that he should be more selective when he tries to push for extra yards and he HAS to take care of the ball. In my opinion if Avery doesnt fubmle in both games, we wouldve been in a completely different positions. I am not saying we wouldve won, I am just saying in a better position to win.

Any thoughts?
            -09-20-2009, 02:27 PM
            Lets examine our future star. (Avery)
            by Guest
            Donnie Avery: why are so many quick to judge him? The Top rated reciever in the draft, (Devin Thomas) had one year of production and experts say that he is better? i go by production and donnie to me was the better reciever. some say limas sweed, but he is coming off of a rist injury. mario manningham, he lied straight up to evey NFL team, that to me is a NO NO and i wouldnt touch this guy. James Hardy Is another reciever projected to go ahead of Avery, to me he is another version of drew bennett, the height and the speed are comparable, why draft a guy who you almost already have? so you may or may not agree with me, but week 1 when he tears it up in the slot, while I am not saying he will be the next Isaac bruce or anything, I do think he has the ability to be a Ram Great. Thats My opinion.
            -05-06-2008, 07:40 PM
          • r8rh8rmike
            Rams WR Avery Struggling With Fumbles
            by r8rh8rmike
            Rams WR Avery struggling with fumbles
            By R.B. FALLSTROM, AP Sports Writer
            6 hours, 56 minutes ago

ST. LOUIS (AP)—It’s two games and two turnovers for Donnie Avery(notes), the St. Louis Rams’ second-round pick last year. He realizes more than those who are making him the franchise’s latest scapegoat that it’s two too many.

Ball security suddenly has become an issue with a player expected to lead the team’s thin and inexperienced wide receiver corps. His fumble at the Washington 5 in the fourth quarter last Sunday cost the Rams dearly in a 2-point loss, and he lost a fumble on a kickoff return to open the season.

Returning to practice Wednesday was a major relief for Avery, the better to begin redeeming himself.

“It was great to get back out there,” Avery said. “I understand it’s going to be a long week, but I just need to get ready.”

Coach Steve Spagnuolo said he hasn’t lost confidence in Avery, the first wide receiver taken in the 2008 draft and coming off a 53-catch season that was only one off the franchise rookie record set by Eddie Kennison(notes) in 1996. So far, Avery has seven catches for 50 yards for a team that has managed only one touchdown in two games.

The Rams, who have dropped 12 in a row heading into Sunday’s home opener against the Packers, need his breakaway speed.

“I know this and I’ve said it before: I love his heart, I love his grit, I love what he’s all about,” Spagnuolo said. “He’ll be fine. We’re banking on him to be fine.”

Quarterback Marc Bulger(notes) said Avery was tough enough on himself after Sunday’s loss without teammates piling on.

“We’re going to need him for 14 more games, and he’s too good of a player,” Bulger said. “We can’t let him get down, and he was back out there today looking great.”

Thus far, Laurent Robinson(notes) has been Bulger’s go-to wide receiver with 11 catches, a 12.8-yard average and the lone touchdown on a 2-yard fade route against the Redskins.

Avery made several big plays as a rookie, scoring his first touchdown on a 37-yard end around and had six catches for 169 yards including a 69-yard grab against the Patriots. No fumbles, either.

“I guess you could say when it’s good it’s good, and when it’s bad it’s bad,” said Avery, whose long gain this year is only 16 yards.

Avery got caught on a spin move on the kickoff return, and hasn’t returned one since, although Spagnuolo wouldn’t say he’d been taken off special teams. The Rams signed return man Danny Amendola(notes) off the Eagles’ practice squad Tuesday, and Amendola could fill both roles this week.

“It just depends on how quickly we can get him oiled up,” Spagnuolo said. “Until we get to the end of the week, we don’t really know.”

Redskins safety Chris Horton(notes) put his helmet on the ball after Avery...
            -09-23-2009, 09:24 PM
          • ManofGod
            The Donnie Avery Experiment...
            by ManofGod
            Guys I know that I've been gone for a minute (just got married & I've been in AV's part of the world on my honeymoon), but today as I was watching ESPN & NFL network they've been doing a top 5 of the WR's in the league. Sure we have guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson Guy's at the top of the list (and you can argue who's #1 and who's #2), but what caught my eye is you have guys like DeSean Jackson & Miles Austin making the list (depending on which list you look at), and these are guys have been in the league just as long as Donnie has.

When you look at Miles Austin you see a kid that came out of the blue to become a game changer; w/ DeSean you see a guy we could have drafted (but we took Donnie instead) nevertheless DeSean is a guy you have to gameplan for each & every sunday whether it be at WR or in the return game. So what is it? Injuries, the lack of a quality QB, his need to improve his size & strength to be able to get off of the line of scrimmage, etc; what do you believe is keeping Donnie from moving to the level of elite WR's in the league? Or is he simply not a #1 reciever (although he is almost the same stature & speed such as Miles Austin, Steve Smith, Santonio Holmes, etc.)(other proven #1's)

Given that we have a new QB & a rookie heir apparent (who will no doubt have his share of bumps & bruises in the league) how long do we give Donnie to produce, or do we look for a stellar WR in the first round of the 2011 draft such as: A.J. Green or Julio Jones to be our WR of the future?:helmet:
            -07-14-2010, 12:28 PM
          Working...
          X