What can we afford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can we afford?

Do we have any money left over to help us sign anymore wide receivers this year?

What about another qb if Bulger is out?

Do we actually have cap space next year to draft a top 5 quarterback?

And let's not forget. Klopfenstein is a UFA next year. How much will it cost us to make sure we don't lose him? ;)

I know if there is no cap we are fine but my guess is we will eventually have a cap program in place for next year.

Re: What can we afford?

Originally posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Do we have any money left over to help us sign anymore wide receivers this year?

What about another qb if Bulger is out?

Do we actually have cap space next year to draft a top 5 quarterback?

And let's not forget. Klopfenstein is a UFA next year. How much will it cost us to make sure we don't lose him? ;)

I know if there is no cap we are fine but my guess is we will eventually have a cap program in place for next year.
    Klop the Flop was cut the same day as Afro Smurf..(a.k.a Tye Hill)..

about the rest..i have no idea..

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
      Tye Hill)..
      good riddance BUST! At any rate, the way we went after receivers doesn't show much promise. As one thread indicated we might do well to get Berlin back in pads.

Don't look to us spending any money any time soon. Just my opinion and its based on what I observed as an urgency to get our WR corp filled.

–Pessimistic in LA
      LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

I'm just wondering if the OP has paid attention at all in the last 9 months.

Comment

Originally posted by RebelYell View Post
          I'm just wondering if the OP has paid attention at all in the last 9 months.
          Because I missed the fact that one of our 3rd string busts of a tight end was cut?

Sorry I hadn't noticed his lack of reps in practice.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• thoey
            Rookie Cap Space
            by thoey
            Questions for the Capologists...

Okay, so all rookies drafted have signed except for Tye Hill. So, where does that leave us on the rookie cap space? Is what's left in the range of those that have already signed around his draft spot?

And what about the general cap space? Room for any other free agents?
            -07-27-2006, 05:03 PM
          • RamsFanSam
            Cap Questions
            by RamsFanSam
            I end up asking a bunch of questions about the cap every year, but this year it's different. We need space - and a lot of it.

1. I've heard $8 million, $14 million, and everything in between. Since I can't seem to find any official amount, exactly where are we?

2. What is the date we MUST be at or below the cap?

3. It may sound stupid, but... What will happen if we aren't under the cap?

4. If I remember correctly, it's only the top 52 who count against the cap. How many of those are likely to be gone before camp, and about how much space will that give us?
            -02-19-2009, 04:02 PM
          • bruce4life
            since we have all the cap room now...
            by bruce4life
            how about resigning Brandon Chillar? he is going to be a stud with one more year in haslett's system.

whats say ye
            -03-01-2008, 12:53 PM
          • THOLTFAN81
            D'Marco Farr on 101: Rams plan to have 3x amount of cap space they currently have
            by THOLTFAN81
            Yesterday on The Fast Lane on 101 ESPN, our very own D'Marco Farr had something very interesting to say:

Now I don't know what this all means, but I like it. I wonder if Sam (I hope), offered to restructure his contract so they could use that money on assets that can help him win football games. Wonder who will be cut, or if a long term deal is in the works with Chris Long to reduce his cap number this year?

Many possibilities, but the fact DFarr hears our cap space will be around the 30 mil range by the time free agency rolls round is very interesting.

Whether it proves to be true or false, we will soon find out. Just thought I'd pass along what I heard, but 30 mil could buy a pretty penny with this deep FA class....
            -02-15-2012, 12:25 AM
          • RamWraith
            available??
            by RamWraith
            Is there anyone out there (free agents) that would help the Rams at this point???
            -09-05-2001, 06:55 AM
          Working...
          X