Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More wonderful news, now on Bartell

Per ESPN

The St. Louis Rams may be without starting cornerback Ronald Bartell this Sunday, compounding the team's problems defending the pass this season.

Bartell has had a sore thigh for a week and a half and he was forced to limit himself in practice this week as it tightened up on him.

Rookie Bradley Fletcher, an undrafted free agent out of the University of Iowa, would likely get the nod, the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports.

If you were ever looking for big games out the San Francisco ***** passing game, this might be the week, as the Rams have also mustered just three sacks and have allowed five passing TDs.
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Re: More wonderful news, now on Bartell

"undrafted free agent" ? ? ?

Oh My . . .

From ESPN.com
    Bradley Fletcher | CB
    Scouts Inc. Grade: 32
    PICK INFO
    TEAM ROUND PICK
    St. Louis Rams 3 2(66)

Comment

What does it matter?;)

Comment

Wow, I was worried about Bartell (been reading the local papers), but I was not sure of the depth that we had there.

Good luck to the rookie.....hope he learns fast.
        sigpic

Comment

sobering thought of the day: Rookie Fletcher one on one with HOF'er Ike Bruce.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by BEER View Post
            What does it matter?;)
            I think it does.
            One thing is a rookie free agent . . . or as many of them are known as "bodies"
            Other thing is 3rd round pick, where scouts and teams put special attention on this guy to develop into a starting/good/elite CB.

But that's my take . . . . furthermore, if you are a entity in sports news like ESPN is, I think you should check what you write before you publish it . . . but again, that's my take

Comment

Originally posted by NY RAMFAN View Post
              I think it does.
              if you are a entity in sports news like ESPN is, I think you should check what you write before you publish it . . . but again, that's my take
              well they do say "may be without" This could all be speculation.

Per the depth chart, we also have Justin King and Quincy Butler. Anyone know how they are doing injury wise, or with playing potential?
              sigpic

Comment

The way Bartell played last week on the bumm leg he should sit. He gave up two of those long passes that put the game out of reach near the end. Corners have to be 100% or they gave up the long deep passes.

Sit him this week for the good of the team for the remaining games.

Maineram -

Comment

ESPN is one of the least credible news organizations I have ever seen. They tout themselves the the "Sports News Authority", when in truth they are a sloppy news organization at best. They play favorites, with the Rams NOT being of their favored teams and are fast and loose with criticisms often not based on anything more than conjecture. Other than that, I think they're fine...NOT!

Go Rams!

Comment

From what Spags has been saying, i thought Justin King would get the nod ahead of Fletcher
                    @EssexRam_

Comment

if i was the rookie i would be jamming and holding all day.. i might get 5 penalties.. but you would not throw over me deep..

nothing deep..

Comment

Whoever plays, whether it be Fletcher or Bartell, they need to step up big. Those whiner receivers are horrible so we better be great defending the pass today.

Comment

It's official, Bartell is on the inactive list
                          I believe!:ram:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tampa_Ram
                            Ron Bartell Healed
                            by Tampa_Ram
                            Ron Bartell Injury: Rams CB Healed, Expects To Play Next Season

by T.Ram on Dec 16, 2011 11:19 AM PST in 2011 NFL regular season
                            Dilip Vishwanat - Getty ImagesMore photos »
                            ST. LOUIS - SEPTEMBER 12: Ron Bartell #24 of the St. Louis Rams attempts to pick off a pass intended for Larry Fitzgerald #11 of the Arizona Cardinals during the NFL season opener at the Edward Jones Dome on September 12 2010 in St. Louis Missouri. The Cardinals beat the Rams 17-13. (Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images)

With all the bad news the St. Louis Rams have dealt with this season, it's about time that something good happened. Something good happened today when cornerback Ron Bartell showed up at practice, his brace gone and neck healed from the broken vertebrae he suffered in the season opener.

Howard Balzer reported this on twitter.
                            Some good news for Rams: CB Ron Bartell out of neck brace. Bone is healed. Didn't need surgery. Said he is definitely playing next season..
                            For those that don't remember, Ron Bartell injured his neck against the Philadelphia Eagles. Before that, the Rams lost Jerome Murphy for the season in training camp. Following the Bartell injury, many other Rams would follow suit and end up on IR.

Next season, the Rams will be returning their three best corners. Two of those, Bradley Fletcher and Ron Bartell, have become injury magnets in their careers. Murphy hasn't been injured as often, but the jury is still out if he will become a good player.

The Rams have to decide if Ron Bartell is worth bringing back this season and beyond. He is owed $6 million in 2012, the last year of his current contract; Bradley Fletcher's rookie contract ends in 2013.

It will be shocking if the Rams don't draft or add another quality corner in the off-season....
                            -12-16-2011, 11:59 AM
                          • Varg6
                            Good News: Bartell has low ankle sprain...
                            by Varg6
                            Per STL Today

By Jim Thomas

Ron Bartell, the St. Louis Rams' top cornerback, suffered a low ankle sprain at Tuesday evening's practice, according to team sources.
                            If that's the case, Bartell may be sidelined for only a week or two.
                            Bartell, who is trying to rebound from a sub-par 2009 season in which he was slowed by a nagging thigh injury, had looked sharp in the early days of training camp.
                            He turned his ankle during a 7-on-7 passing drill Tuesday night.

-----

Could've been a lot worse.
                            -08-04-2010, 10:25 AM
                          • Rip32
                            Ron Bartell????
                            by Rip32
                            I was wondering if there was any news on his injury,if it is still injured or is he back?
                            -08-26-2006, 11:26 AM
                          • Will51
                            Any word on bartell?
                            by Will51
                            And if he will play this week? Just wonderin because we could really use him against mike williams?
                            -10-21-2010, 11:10 AM
                          • BM_Face
                            Ronald Bartell confirms his season is over
                            by BM_Face
                            Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 13, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
                            Getty Images
                            Rams cornerback Ronald Bartell plans to continue his career despite breaking a bone in his lower neck, but it’s not going to happen this year.
                            “There’s absolutely no way I could come back and play this year,” Bartell said via Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “It takes time just for the bone to heal.”
                            The Rams may have overpaid Bartell a few years ago to keep him away from New Orleans, but he’s a solid NFL starter. The Rams were only carrying four cornerbacks and fellow starter Bradley Fletcher suffered a minor injury too, so St. Louis may have to sign a few players.
                            “My goal is to play again. I’m fully prepared to play again. I’m approaching it as such that I will play again,” Bartell said.
                            Thankfully, Bartell did not re-enter Sunday’s loss. He didn’t feel like the injury was serious, and tried to play. The Rams didn’t let him.
                            -09-13-2011, 01:23 PM
                          Working...
                          X