Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy talk and baggage vs Reality

Here is my analogy.

You want to build a house. You know most houses take 3 months to build. Everyone contractor you interview tells you it will take 3 months to build the house. You hire a contractor you trust to build the house in 3 months.

Then... less than a month into the build you are standing where the house should be and you are mad that you are getting rained on because the roof is not there. You don't understand why the contractor doesn't understand that you have been waiting for this house for a very, very long time.

You then start demanding the contractor deviate from from the plans and go ahead and get the roof up, or bring in different walls if the original ones you wanted are not ready yet. Maybe... maybe you tell him it might be quicker to just tear down everything he has done and start completely over. All of these suggestions are understandable on an emotional level but the contractor (and most reasonable people) understands it will only slow the process down.

So there you go. I understand this is a message board and we love to debate but I am seriously going to try and refrain from responding to negative heavy posts and plain crazy talk.

A coach taking over a bad team deserves more than 4 games before losing the loyalty of the fans. Don't weigh Spags down with our years of baggage. Allow him the time to lay a strong foundation. There are teams like the Pats and Giants that have built strong long lasting programs and than there are the Redskins. Which direction do you honestly want us to go in?

Re: Crazy talk and baggage vs Reality

I agree. pure and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambunctious View Post
      Here is my analogy.

You want to build a house. You know most houses take 3 months to build. Everyone contractor you interview tells you it will take 3 months to build the house. You hire a contractor you trust to build the house in 3 months.
      Gosh .. only three months to build a house? Man houses must be cheap in Kantucky .. As a subcontractor here in Maui, most of the homes I work on (trophy homes) take 2 or more years to build.

Your point is well taken though, it will take some time for Spags to put his stamp on this team. The good news though, is that he'll have the time to implement his plan. Even if we go 0-16, Spags won't have to worry about job security for a couple of years. Personally I don't think we will - we've had alot of bad luck accompanying mediocre play - particularly on offense. Sooner or later we'll get a few "bounces" going our way. Sunday was a comedy of errors, but I really like the effort we've put forth on D so far. Were it not for two penalties which negated Amendola's two big plays, the game might have been much closer ..

Comment

I'd change your analogy. The plan isn't just to build a house, it is to tear down the rotten shack in place before you can start building. After the tear down, people are upset that the house isn't built already and are blaming the carpenters who haven't even arrived yet.

Comment

Good analogy.

I do agree that we need patience. Being a fan, you never want to wait, but seeing how that defense is playing, the waiting will be well worth it.

Comment

Good posts, glad to see some positive comments.

Comment

Working...
            X