Where your faith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where your faith?

Have you given up already? What's going on here? Okay, I hardly ever post, but I had to after seeing this. Its like a lot of fans have given up on the Rams already. You wanna trade SJ? Just for the record trading SJ is like slamming your arm in a car door, jus to see if its gonna hurt. Look at baseball, Pittsburgh Pirates, they trade away anybody that's valueable for prospects. Some might pan out, some will not. I don't know about you guys, but when I watch a Rams game like I did Sunday, I get upset. Why can't my team play as hard as ***** did. Why does my team make costly turnovers and or stupid mistakes. Then I see SJ running harder in the 4th Qtr. Trying his best to fight for every inch. It doesn't make the penalties go away, or the score that much closer, but it helps cope with the fact that we are not a very talented team. We are average in a league of good to great teams. This team is only gonna get better, you might not see immediate results in the win column, but you see fight and desire in these players eyes. LL has more sacks this year then he's had the last 3 combined. They might slip up, and get down, but despite that, they compete, they do the best they can do, despite the results, and that's why I watch football every week, even though they piss me off when they give away games, they still compete. So if LL, SJ, and OJ, and every other player on this 53 man team still believes, then why shouldn't I? I'm a fan, regardless....

Re: Where your faith?

This is why you should post here more often.

Comment

Yeah, I agree 100% Now is not the time to panic and start making thoughtless errors off the field that match those on-field. We are growing, and our young players are learning from these games. It remains to be seen if our youngsters will learn enough to be competative anytime soon, but I will support this team to the end. I am a Rams fan. GoRams.
      A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Comment

Trading Jaxx would literally define us as the worst team in the NFL BY FAR. He is still young and no doubt a top 5 back in the league and I think he will still be around to see us prosper. Free Agency for us this offseason is huge and we need to pick up some big immediate impact players. The problem with our squad is we have way too much young talent that need time to develop. We hardly have any veterans to help us currently or facilitate the rookies development. Holt and Pace were the two big Vets on the team and we all know what happened there. As for this season, there is absolutly no chance at a playoff run if that's what you mean invisiblehorns. As for giving up on the Rams for the future, I don't think the die hard fans here on the site will ever do that. As for this season though, I saw this coming way before preseason even started lol.

Comment

This team will turn it around I don’t know when but I think Spags can get us there in time. In the meantime we need something to cheer about SJ is worth cheering for he runs hard he cares. I’m watching the rams games if nothing else to hope he can do well.
          :ramlogo:

Comment

Playoffs? I said we would be lucky to finish .500 this yr. Here's something that a lot of fans seem to forget. In the past 4 season before the new regime, we went thru 4 different coaches, that lead us to a 19-45 record. No teams goes thru all those changes, then wins the division. This was 4 yrs of bad draft pics, putting band-aids over leaks, and not building a team for the future, but instead building a team for right now, using subpar or overrated players past their prime. We wasted money in FA (Drew Bennet, and Jacob Bell), we wasted draft picks (Tye Hill, Klop, Brian L in the 2nd), and Bad coaching (Carriker, DT, and mismanagement of players). All I'm saying is, this isn't an overnight process. It didn't take 1 season to screw it all up, its not gonna take 1 to pull it all togather.

Comment

I said we would be lucky to finish .500 this yr.
              wow you do have faith
              :ramlogo:

Comment

Rome was not built in a day and neither will the Rams turnaround. This is not the Linehan regime that blundered with personnel decisions, drafts and game management. I believe that the DeSpags era will bear fruit. I've seen enough improvement that I am optimistic for the future. But, it will take time.

Comment

Credulity: cre·du·li·ty Pronunciation: \kri-ˈdü-lə-tē, -ˈdyü-\
                  Function: noun

: readiness or willingness to believe especially on slight or uncertain evidence

My interpretation? No evidence or factual support. Heart desires and believes based on wishing.

Faith: the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

Faith has facts to support what ones expects or hopes for.

Seriously everything with this team is going backwards. We couldn't stop the run, but our offense produced. Now our defense has potential but can't get off the field.

Really is it faith or credulity?
                  LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

It's year ONE of a new beginning !!

As much as it pains me to see them flounder, I am still a faithful follower....... blind faithful, but faithful no less.

GO RAMS !!

Maineram -

Comment

Originally posted by LA Rammer View Post
                      Credulity: cre·du·li·ty Pronunciation: \kri-ˈdü-lə-tē, -ˈdyü-\
                      Function: noun

: readiness or willingness to believe especially on slight or uncertain evidence

My interpretation? No evidence or factual support. Heart desires and believes based on wishing.

Faith: the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

Faith has facts to support what ones expects or hopes for.

Seriously everything with this team is going backwards. We couldn't stop the run, but our offense produced. Now our defense has potential but can't get off the field.

Really is it faith or credulity?
                      I'd like to throw in a different definition of faith.

Faith: Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

I believe the Rams are going to turn it around. What proof do I have? A defense that is showing vital signs, finally, and a head coach and GM who have the right attitude to win football games.

That's not much proof. It doesn't stop me believing year in and year out that we're going to be a successful football team. It's what makes me a football fan. Faith.

Comment

53 ClanRammers hoping as 1.

Comment

If you want to talk about the good signs, they're all on defense right now.

Leonard Little looks pretty sharp in getting to the QB, Chris Long is doing a lot of good that isn't always showing up in the stats, O. J. Atogwe is simply a player 'nuff said & James Laurinaitis already looks like a great pick in his 1st year.

We held the Redskins to 9 points and the 4⁠9'ers to 14 (on defense). With only a half-decent offfense those numbers would give you a great chance to chalk down 2 W's.

I think Spagnuolo is doing a lot of things right on defense when you look at the personnel he has to work with. He has lived up to expectations for improved D-line play in actually getting a somewhat decent rotation going on the D-line with players like C. J. Ah You, Gary Gibson & LaJuan Ramsey who are basically nobody's contributing above their usual level. Imagine once he's had one or two more drafts to select some quality players that fit what he wants to do with the front-seven.

If you ignore everything happening on the other side of the ball and keep in mind the quality of the personnel that Spagnuolo inherited it is possible to find a few good signs here and there

Comment

Originally posted by Bar-bq View Post
                            I'd like to throw in a different definition of faith.

Faith: Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
                            sorry my definition comes from the good book itself, the very origin of the concept.

At any rate, this is beyond whatever you may call it. Looking forward to draft day 2010!
                            LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

Originally posted by LA Rammer View Post
                              sorry my definition comes from the good book itself, the very origin of the concept.

At any rate, this is beyond whatever you may call it. Looking forward to draft day 2010!
                              Mine also comes from a good book: The Oxford dictionary.

Actually, the concept is dated to around 1250, I think. It's from the latin word fidem, meaning to trust.

I'm not looking forward to draft day 2010. I'm looking forward to this coming Sunday and you should be too. We only get to watch our Rams play sixteen times a year and I intend to savour every single disappointing minute. I believe we're going to turn it around. That process began in week one and we're going to continue to make improvements through week sixteen, until it it's reflected on the scoreboard. The draft is an integral part of this process, but it pails in comparison to putting it together on the field.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsFanSam
                                OK, convince me!
                                by RamsFanSam
                                I have read plenty of posts from people saying fans shouldn't look at the bright side of last night's defeat, that instead we should all don sackcloth and ashes, and mourn the death of the 2008 season for our Rams.

Convince me why I should!

I watched only the first quarter, but I did listen to the entire game. Of course, the TV broadcast was done by the Titans Network, meaning that the commentary was biased in favor of the Titans. The other 3 quarters was a mix of NFL's gamecenter and KTVI audio, niether of which was very good.

What I came out of the media barrage I witnessed is the following:

1. Marc looked a little rusty. Of course, considering that there was only TWO others on the offense who had ever played in Saunder's system, I expected to see some confusion. But, I guess that since Marc didn't launch a 99 yard Hail Mary for 6 on the first possession means that Marc is all washed up. After all, when a reciever isn't in the right place at the right time, it's always the QB's fault.

2. I also saw a really good defense beat our O-line. Considering that these front five guys have NEVER played a single game together before, We know it's all Pace's fault. He is all washed up, and we should have traded for Jake Long and then overpaid him to take Pace's spot.

3. I saw 2 passes go long, so long that no one on either team had a chance to get to them. It didn't matter that both times the recievers were double covered and had no chance in hell of breaking away, those recievers must suck, so we should have traded them for some untested rookie. Darn Linehan for drafting someone who has skills that our offense could use instead of some other rookie!

4. I saw our defense get beat up. Badly. Even though they made a solid stand in the red zone, we know they suck. It doesn't matter that some of our starters were out, we should have beaten the Titans back into the stone age with undersized, inexperienced rookies. It's all Haslett's fault for not having UFA's and rookies available that we can afford.

5. Our "wannabe's" didn't come back in the second half and win the game. Of course, they have had a whole 90 days or so to forget everything they ever learned about football just to learn football all over again. I forget that other millionaires such as Bill Gates have been there before. Didn't he have to forget everything he knew about Windows 98 to learn Windows XP in just 90 days? He didn't? Oh my. Those rookies and coaches have to go....NOW!

So, as you can see, I am NOT saying everything will be OK by next week. In fact, I'll be happy if we win 3 of our first 8, and come out 8-8 this season. I know all is not well in St. Louis as of yet, and I didn't expect it to be. Last year I had hope, because everything was in place. This year, we have a tougher schedule, most of our great players are either gone or they are getting...
                                -08-10-2008, 03:41 PM
                              • clarasDK
                                The 101 of keeping your NFL coaching job
                                by clarasDK
                                Being black Monday and being bored in the off-season (sighs) I decided to use all my knowledge about NFL coaching (none) to make a nice guide for new and existing head coaches on how to keep their jobs in the NFL for many years.

I see this as a developing wiki/faq so please feel free to add more insights too further help poor head coaches close to losing their jobs.

Disclaimer
                                Please bear with my English as this is not my main language and I am freaking tired from some random late overtime loss I watched yesterday night.

Any similarity with persons leaving or dead is pure coincidence. As stated I do know nothing about being an NFL coach and this is only written based on pure logic thinking (or whatever you call what is going on in my brain)

Team selection
                                If you are just about to start in the business of head coaching and have not signed with a team yet there are some things you can do from day one to put yourself in a better position for a long term job.
                                1. Find a really bad team to start with something like having a winning percentage of around .350 over the last 10 years. This is smart because even though you cannot pull of a single winning season in the following many years it does not take much effort to get a little better and you can just say: I am better than the coaches before me, things are improving. We will try harder next week.
                                2. Try to find a team with a lot of young players or make it your mission to throw out old players and put in young players as soon as possible. That will give you a few years where you can just point to the fact that you are the youngest team in the NFL and that you are still learning
                                3. Find a team with a QB in place so that you do not need to take the blame if he fails, that can give you some extra years of doubt. Doubt is your best friend this can be the biggest factor in giving your more years as a HC
                                4. If possible, find a team that is a candidate for relocation within the next 4-5 years that will scare anybody else away and could give you another year or two. No matter how bad a job you do

During the season
                                1. Never play to win! Always play not to lose. This will in most cases not give you a winning record but there is a higher chance that you will just do enough. This will also make your fans bored who than do not show up for games. This is important to help the team relocation happen that can give you some extra years. You do not want your team to become too big a succeed and jeopardizing the relocation!
                                2. Play calling should always be boring and conservative. Again keep fans away and play not to lose.
                                3. The first 3-4 weeks of a season you will probably do fine as the opponents do not have tape on your gaming calling and maybe not on your QB. Then typically things will go downhill. Around game 8 change the QB and if really needed the OC. This will give you 3-4 good games again as the opponents again cannot study
                                -01-04-2016, 11:23 AM
                              • viper
                                Alas..the sky is falling once again
                                by viper
                                It never ceases to amaze me, how quickly my fellow Ram's fans will turn on thier team, their players and their coach. The clouds of "doom and gloom" lye low above the legion once again. Again the naysayers have their day, to lay their spew upon the feet of the horns.

Ohhhh no, we've lost to the lowly dirty birds, Ohhh no, we've lost 6 out of the last 7 games, Ohh no, our captain has spoke out to the media about a few of his undisciplined guardians, possibly upsetting a few teammates, Oh no, our coach won't take responsibility and demand accountability from his youthful squires on the front lines, let alone the team as a whole.

Granted, the legion has seen better days. But, why is it that the masses choose to dwell on the "darker side" of things rather the hope of a brighter day to come. Is there not a chance, a hope that a brighter day shall dawn as a result of the upcoming offseason. This season is lost, no doubt. Who can say that this was not a distinct possibility, considering that we would be brandishing a new head coach, a new defensive coordinator, new offensive and defensive schemes, new free agents, untested rookies and a decimated offensive line. Add to that a previously dysfunctional run defense, pass defense and special teams for the last several years and what do you get? The "2006 St. Louis Rams!" Hooray! We got exactly what we "should have" expected. Or at least considered the possibility that it could be a tough year. Well guess what, it has turned out to be a "tough year." A downright bleak season.

But, ya know what, believe it or not, there has been improvement over last year. Our special teams have improved significantly in punting, coverage and returns. Our defense, is doing better in the turnover battle, our pass defense is improved and as hard as it may be to believe we do seem to be better at keeping opponents from scoring on us as much.

Its easy to throw fuel on the fire proclaiming how terrible things are when the going gets tough. The question is where are you when your team needs your support? Anybody can belittle a losing team...and their is no question we are losing right now. But, in doing so, are you any better than the opposing team's fans that come to diss on your team. I haven't seen too many "positive" threads lately about our team that make me feel like this is the Rams home.

I, personally, have unwavering faith in the positve attributes of the Rams! I choose not to wallow in the ever increasing muck and mire that seems to be prevalent around here lately. I agree that we are not where we want to be...far from it. But, I'm not going to participate in any "hanging" or "slop" parties or anything of the like.

Why can't we focus on the good things about our team or future prospects. Maybe that means a higher draft pick next year or a few well scouted free...
                                -12-05-2006, 10:53 PM
                              • rNemesis
                                I dont see how a team could be so bad....
                                by rNemesis
                                YEt be better than our Rams.

I mean I just dont get what it takes to win in this league man. I am just tired of hearing the SAME OLD RAMS talk from all these so called analysts and experts and whoever else. Whenever we are playing a great or good team, we never get the pick , and probably rightfully so. But whenever we play a bad team, no matter what their record is now, was then, or what they predict it to be this year, its like they always pick us to lose. I dont see how a team could lose 12 games a year yet be "better than us"

I dont see how a team could be 2-14 yet be " better than us"

I MEAN COME ON GUYS!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!! BULLISH!!!! You cannot sit here and tell me that EVERY team in the league is "LEAPS AND BOUNDS" ahead of us and that " they only need a couple of pieces" yet " we have so many gaping holes'

Let me tell you what I have been doing the past 3 painful years. I have been watching closely ( and understanding) what it takes to win in this league. I have watch us play every team in the NFL over that period, I think. And at some point you have to wonder " OK, when is this losing going to stop"? We have played everyone from the Colts and Saints straight down to the Lions and Chiefs. SO you sit and wonder after every loss if you are ever going to win because you see all the mistakes you make and all of the lack of impact players. Now all that is pretty much addressed, aside from a couple more positions, we have some good players on this team and we have STILL NOT won a game? BULLISH!!!

NOW think about THAT my friends!! Think about why some other teams "suck" yet they can find a way to win some games. Why cant we?

Biggest question I have ever tried to find the answer to, and probably also the most annoying. Dont tell me its because we have too many holes.
                                -09-17-2010, 01:56 PM
                              • FestusRam
                                Whats really exciting to me
                                by FestusRam
                                Havent really been on here much lately but just wanted to throw this out there and i figure most of you feel the same way.

The most exciting thing to me about the Rams is after this Chargers win i feel like theyre a completely new team. After starting off 2-2 i was very optimistic but at the same time i remember a couple of years ago when Haslett stepped up and we one two games in a row. After those games we lost every other one.

After the loss to the lions and losing Clayton, i was somewhat expecting us to plummet and end this season on a bad note. But after watching the Chargers game i think they proved something huge. I think they proved they are a legit team in this league and are on the uprise. I was excited about the wins against the Skins and Hawks but i wasnt so sure if we were all that good. IMO beating the Chargers put us on a whole dif level and no one can call all of these wins flukes. They dismantled the high powered offense as our offense got going too. This isnt just another rams team of the past 3 years that decided to show up for a couple gamers. This teams legit and are actually playoff contenders as of now. Thats exciting

Besides that im pumped about seeing what Danario can do. I see no flaws in his game except his injuries. Im excited we finally have a tall big body that we can throw the ball up to in the endzone so hopefully they get him in more plays this week.

GO RAMS!!!!! 3-3
                                -10-20-2010, 01:58 PM
                              Working...
                              X