• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AvengerRam_old
    Moderator Emeritus
    • May 2004

Top 10 Reasons Why Rush Limbaugh Would Make A Good Co-Owner

From the home offices in Winter Park, Florida...

Number 10... The "Chris Massey Show" would immediately be nationally syndicated.

Number 9... He has no known affiliation with either John Shaw or Jay Zygmunt.

Number 8... The Rams would get quantity discounts on Oxycontin.

Number 7... It would ensure that, no matter how good the Rams became, Keith Oberman and Rachel Maddow would never jump on the team's bandwagon.

Number 6... Would you prefer Tucker Carlson buy a stake?

Number 5... If Rush goes back to his normal "playing weight," the Rams' troubles at DT would be over.

Number 4... Seriously, who wouldn't pay good money to listen to Bernie trying to interview Rush?

Number 3... The "pass Rush" promotion just writes itself!

Number 2... He is from Missouri (no joke there, that actually is a good thing if you don't want to see the team moved again).

and...

Number 1... Its a true example of the American Dream. Where else can college dropout rise to fame making outrageous and often factually inaccurate statements on the radio and one day find themselves owning a major sports franchise. What's that I see off in the distance? It looks like Four Horsemen riding towards me... I wonder what they want.
  • txramsfan
    • May 2001

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Rush Limbaugh Would Make A Good Co-Owner

Number 5 just about caused me to purchase a new monitor. lol

Comment

• Varg6
      • Jan 2006

How is number 9 not number 1?

In all seriousness, how quickly does this transaction(s) happen? When will Limbaugh and Checketts be owners of the Rams? Does anyone happen to know?

Bringing some money in from a football fan like Limbaugh is a nice thought. Checketts has a nice track record, this all could be very good for the Rams. Time will tell.
      Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

• cowboyhater
        • Jan 2005

Where else can college dropout rise to fame making outrageous and often factually inaccurate statements on the radio and one day find themselves owning a major sports franchise.

Well, Peter Jennings was several times a college dropout, and he made lots of outrageous statements, though mostly on television, not radio. I'm not sure who else you could be talking about. Certainly not Rush Limbaugh, as he is documented to be almost always right, presently at 99.1%

Comment

• HUbison
          Rams Nation MVP
          • May 2004

Number 7... It would ensure that, no matter how good the Rams became, Keith Oberman and Rachel Maddow would never jump on the team's bandwagon.
          I didn't care one way or the other until I saw this one.

Where do I sign up?
          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

• VegasRam
            Rams Nation MVP
            • May 2005

What he said.

(Thought "ditto" might give myself away);)

Comment

If Rush is an owner and we win, I am all for it. Besides, do any of you recall that the first owner of the Rams wrote a hot check for $10,000 to the NFL to get the Rams into the league? NFL ownership is not a pure snow white job from what I have seen. Before anyone jumps on it, the pure snow white refers to character.

Comment

• HUbison
                Rams Nation MVP
                • May 2004

Originally posted by McKnight
                Right here. pay no attention to the small print below that talks about who gets your soul once you sign this. ;)

Signatures

Once you sign this, your soul will automaticaly become the property of BRM. where he will then force you to give him hourly sponge baths and trimmings. and you may be forced to give him an "Irish strip Tease" sign at your own risk!!
                Unfortunately, I do not qualify. As a conservative, I've already sold my soul. Right, BRM?;)
                The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

• RebelYell
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
                  How is number 9 not number 1?

In all seriousness, how quickly does this transaction(s) happen? When will Limbaugh and Checketts be owners of the Rams? Does anyone happen to know?

Bringing some money in from a football fan like Limbaugh is a nice thought. Checketts has a nice track record, this all could be very good for the Rams. Time will tell.
                  It's months away. The Rams supposedly have 3 offers but the hints are they have more than that. They will need to work through them to find the best offer. It's not so easy to determine because payouts may be over years or whatever.

Then the NFL owners would have to research it, interview the candidates and have a vote.

That's going to take a long time.

Comment

• RealRam
                    • Jun 2001

Hey, and the intro music!

'My City Was Gone' played loudly before each game. Maybe then The Pretenders wouldn't mind.

Comment

• RAMarkable
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post

I'm Sold!! I just can't stand "Comrade" Keith and his butch partner Rachel "Madcow":|. Anything that gets them outta my life has got to be a good thing.

WHAT SAY YE?

Comment

• Fortuninerhater
                        • Apr 2006

Wow....and I thought we were already the laughing stock of the league.

Comment

• MOM
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
                          Wow....and I thought we were already the laughing stock of the league.
                          Yeah, I know. Believe me, I know. Only problem is that you can only bang your head against a wall until it hurts.
                          sigpicThis is for Randy! GO BRM!

Comment

• Azul e Oro
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post

Number 10... The "Chris Massey Show" would immediately be nationally syndicated.

Number 9... He has no known affiliation with either John Shaw or Jay Zygmunt.

Number 8... The Rams would get quantity discounts on Oxycontin.

Number 6... Would you prefer Tucker Carlson buy a stake?

Number 5... If Rush goes back to his normal "playing weight," the Rams' troubles at DT would be over.

Number 4... Seriously, who wouldn't pay good money to listen to Bernie trying to interview Rush?

Number 3... The "pass Rush" promotion just writes itself!

Number 2... He is from Missouri (no joke there, that actually is a good thing if you don't want to see the team moved again).

and...

Number 1... Its a true example of the American Dream. Where else can college dropout rise to fame making outrageous and often factually inaccurate statements on the radio and one day find themselves owning a major sports franchise. What's that I see off in the distance? It looks like Four Horsemen riding towards me... I wonder what they want.
                            Not sure why some folks have their liberal knickers in a twist over this possibility. I despise Rush's politics but I doubt I'd have much in political common with most members of the rich old white man's club that is NFL ownership.

I would ,however , have serious doubts about his having influence over either the business or football operations. I don't think it would happen; the guy is rich compared to mere mortal folk like us but he's not going to have the clout that a guy like Checketts would.

Making a buttload of dough slurping at the rich vein of angry white man sentiment that runs through this country isn't the same as running a successful business. Nor do I have much faith in the football acumen of a guy who thought McNabb wasn't a good QB.

But in the spirit of Druish satire, here are my counterpoints to AV's list:

10. Massey and Brown get cut from The Rams as the center position is eliminated from depth chart for promoting homosexual behavior. All that bending over & hands between the legs stuff.. In fact, the 3 point stance is banned entirely & the uniform pants changed to baggy knickerbockers like those worn in the film "Leatherheads". All 'snaps" are delivered by a manly backheel.

9. He has no known affiliation with anyone who knows anything about football or business, either, except that he's a rich white guy & they all hang at the same clubs. I believe he has the same agent as the Olsen twins,though.

8. Um... got nothing for this one except that I'd hope for a cigar box 'o Oxy giveaway day.

7. It would ensure that the Toby Keith music would never ever stop playing in The Ron ( new name for the stadium: The Ronald Reagan Dome).

6. Would you prefer Ann Coulter as the head cheerleader?
                            Book burnings & compulsory prayers at halftime?

5. Why am I flashing to the scene in the Longest Yard where Burt Reynolds takes repeated shots at that guy's nuts? Come gametime vs Philly, I'd bet Rush would be near death's door with the chicken flu. Anyway, as an owner, one fat parasite in a muumuu is much the same as another.

4. Seriously, who wouldn't pay good money NOT to have to listen to Bernie & Rush?... Unless they were being fed to Vick's dogs.

3. So does the "Pass (optional inserts :gas,urine,faeces) on Rush" protest slogan. How about "Mount Rushless". I'm very proud of that last one; nothing screams the fan's right to criticize ownership more than sodomizing a national symbol. This is Amurrika, after all.

2. And I'm sure the citizens of Mizzou will welcome home their native son who has done so much for their communities since his rise to success....

1. I guess if cynical opportunism embodies the American Dream for you. Am I the only one who has read or seen Elmer Gantry? I'd throw A Face In The Crowd out there as well but at least Lonesome Rhodes could sing & play the guitar.

Comment

• theglorydays

I didn't know that there were no links allowed. But here is a quote from Limbaugh

Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

Comment