Top 10 worst coach hires since '84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 worst coach hires since '84

Hmm, guess who was featured on the worst coach hires since '84 on sports illustrated? He is at number 10 at this link here David Shula - NFL's Worst Coach Hires Since '84 - Photos - SI.com

Re: Top 10 worst coach hires since '84

eeeekk..run before the firing squad arrives..you posted a link!

Comment

Little early on Morris don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan View Post
        Little early on Morris don't you think?
        maybe but I don't think so, I understand that potential HC's must come up through the OC/DC ranks but they seem to keep getting younger and younger which means they just don't have the years of experience they should have,theres a big difference between a OC/DC and a head coach.

Comment

I don't agree with Peter King on this. How can you label Mangini the worst since '84? He's in his 5th game as a HC in Cleveland. Talk about jumping the gun!

Comment

Mangini was a bust as coach with the jets which is probably the reason he is on the list. Not to mention the browns are struggling now as well

Comment

I disagree with a lot of lists like most people because everyone has different opinions but some picks on this list are just stupid. How do you put so many first year coaches who were handed terrible teams on this list. Mangini built a good team in New York that Rex Ryan is cashing in on and he was picked by the Browns to fix a team that was in shambles. Labeling him the worst coaching hire since 1984 is rediculous.

Comment

Originally posted by jmk321 View Post
                I disagree with a lot of lists like most people because everyone has different opinions but some picks on this list are just stupid. How do you put so many first year coaches who were handed terrible teams on this list. Mangini built a good team in New York that Rex Ryan is cashing in on and he was picked by the Browns to fix a team that was in shambles. Labeling him the worst coaching hire since 1984 is rediculous.
                Yup. Mangini isn't getting any credit for the Jets success at all and that isn't right. I live in NY so I'm forced to watch many many Jets games. From what I saw last year, they had a good defense and their offense was clicking until Favre fell apart.

I'm not saying Rex doesn't deserve any credit, but Mangini built the team he's coaching (with the exception of Sanchez, obviously)

Comment

Working...
                X