Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

    By Bill Coats
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    The St. Louis Rams of 2009 will look a lot like the St. Louis Rams of 1999 — at least, in physical appearance — on Sunday when they meet the Vikings at the Edward Jones Dome. For the first time, the Rams will be decked out in throwback uniforms. They’ll also don the throwbacks Dec. 20, when the Texans are in town.

    The current navy blue and gold color scheme will be replaced by the royal blue and yellow that the team brought when it moved from Los Angeles in 1995. The idea is to mark the 10th year since the Rams beat the Titans in the Super Bowl.

    “I’m looking forward to it,” running back Steven Jackson said. “I’ve been wanting to wear those jerseys for quite some time now. You look around the league year after year and you see everyone wearing their throwbacks. I was wondering, would we ever get a chance to?

    “It’s going to be special. I can’t wait to put mine on.”

    As for the colors, Jackson prefers the old look.

    “I like the yellow, I like that blue, that mixture of it. I enjoy it,” he said. “But maybe that’s because it’s something different and I don’t get to wear it every Sunday.”

    Notes & quotes:

    *The situation at WR is getting even murkier. Donnie Avery, who couldn’t finish practice Wednesday because of a sore hamstring, was back Thursday and took part in nearly all the drills. But Keenan Burton, who also tweaked a hammy Wednesday, sat out. And midway through Thursday’s practice, Ruvell Martin went down with the same malady, a sore hamstring, and Danny Amendola twisted an ankle. Amendola returned to practice, but as of now, the only fully healthy WR the Rams have is Nate Jones.

    *CB Ron Bartell (thigh) and S Craig Dahl (concussion) were full participants Thursday.

    *S Anthony Smith (Achilles’ tendon) sat out.

    *QB Marc Bulger ran the scout team, getting in more throws — and harder throws — than he did Wednesday. Coach Steve Spagnuolo said Kyle Boller “very likely” would start Sunday, but Bulger might be the backup.

    *Bradley Fletcher still is sharing reps with Jonathan Wade at CB.

    *It appears that Paris Lenon again will start at SLB over Larry Grant.

    All for now…
    :ramlogo:

  • #2
    Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

    I'm looking forward to the throwbacks too. Hopefully they inspire the players to a higher level of performance.

    I'm not looking forward to the WR situation. Nate Jones is the ONLY fully healthy Rams WR?? Ugh......

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

      So, Bradley Fletcher is taking snaps with Jonathan Wade, well splitting snaps... Anyone got anymore on this?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

        The sad thing is that there are no throwbacks (save Dickerson) that are availabe on nfl.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

          I'm with you Mike. I'm hoping all the players feel like Jax, and feel inspired by the throwbacks to play like the team of ten years ago. This is a huge trap game for Minnesota, coming off of a huge victory against the Pack. I really hope that we magically find some answers this week and get our first win!
          I believe!:ram:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

            If all of our receivers are banged up, holy crap.

            I think Jackson will carry the ball 65 times.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

              Originally posted by eldfan View Post
              By Bill Coats
              *The situation at WR is getting even murkier. Donnie Avery, who couldn’t finish practice Wednesday because of a sore hamstring, was back Thursday and took part in nearly all the drills. But Keenan Burton, who also tweaked a hammy Wednesday, sat out. And midway through Thursday’s practice, Ruvell Martin went down with the same malady, a sore hamstring, and Danny Amendola twisted an ankle. Amendola returned to practice, but as of now, the only fully healthy WR the Rams have is Nate Jones.
              ok some one is seriously ******* with our WR's do we need to check the water out of the wr drinking fountain.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

                Originally posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
                ok some one is seriously ******* with our WR's do we need to check the water out of the wr drinking fountain.
                My question once again boils down to does our physical training staff stink or is it bad luck for the 3rd year in a row?

                I fear that the Rams will play in a manner befitting the historical performance of the teams that wore those uniforms. They had one or two good years in them, but they had a heckuva lot of bad ones as well.
                Last edited by PeoriaRam; -10-08-2009, 10:12 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical revisions. First drafts are rough when celebrating a Nebraska win.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

                  Oh cool, be nice to see those old uniforms, Vikes wore the throwbacks Monday too. I wish the NFL had all teams do this on a certain weekend.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

                    Originally posted by Skol69Vikings View Post
                    Oh cool, be nice to see those old uniforms, Vikes wore the throwbacks Monday too. I wish the NFL had all teams do this on a certain weekend.
                    That would be cool actually - doing it all on the same weekend. Plus that would still allow teams to pick another game of their choice if they wanted sometime earlier or later in the year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

                      Nate Jones, University of Texas. Wow, how much of a MASH unit has our WR's become?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

                        Originally posted by Vikesfan82 View Post
                        That would be cool actually - doing it all on the same weekend. Plus that would still allow teams to pick another game of their choice if they wanted sometime earlier or later in the year.
                        In fact it was such a hit with the Chargers, that they got rid of those dark blue jersey's and went full time with the powder blues I believe. And I know that alot of Viking fans hate the new uniforms, and would love to keep the old ones. Id like the new ones better if they ever actually wore the purple pants, which I dont know if they ever have. Would be nice though if both the Rams and Vikings wore older ones sunday.

                        To Rams fans: Have they broke out the white Ram helmets and matching jerseys in recent years, the ones they wore like in the 60s? That would be kind of cool.
                        Last edited by Skol69Vikings; -10-09-2009, 09:53 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

                          Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
                          I'm looking forward to the throwbacks too. Hopefully they inspire the players to a higher level of performance.

                          I'm not looking forward to the WR situation. Nate Jones is the ONLY fully healthy Rams WR?? Ugh......
                          I figured Avery was getting back into decent health. He had a cracked foot or something didnt he?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

                            Originally posted by Skol69Vikings View Post
                            I figured Avery was getting back into decent health. He had a cracked foot or something didnt he?
                            he broke his foot in pre-season,hurt his ribs in last weeks game...but now he has strained his hamstring...he`s expected to play tho..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Jackson “can’t wait” to don throwback uniform Sunday

                              Originally posted by PeoriaRam View Post
                              My question once again boils down to does our physical training staff stink or is it bad luck for the 3rd year in a row?

                              I fear that the Rams will play in a manner befitting the historical performance of the teams that wore those uniforms. They had one or two good years in them, but they had a heckuva lot of bad ones as well.
                              I'm with ya, there has to be something wrong with our strength and conditioning staff if this many players are going down with the same injuries.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X