Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rams Looked GREAT

.... until they took the field.

I like the throwbacks. Granted, I don't think this team deserves to wear the same uniforms as the GSOT, but I am glad we jumped onto the throwback bandwagon.
    Rams should keep going back to the throwbacks
    67.57%
    Stay with the gold. Down with yellow.
    32.43%

Re: The Rams Looked GREAT

I agree, the throwback blue and yellow uni's (not what I'd call them, that would be the old blue and whites, to me, but then, I'm just a grumpy old man) are far, far better than the new blue and gold uni's.

But I don't care what they wear if they just WIN a game.

No, I take that back. If they come out wearing what the Broncos wore yesterday, I may change teams.

Comment

I like the gold and blue but I'm more inclined to the darker colors myself.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
        No, I take that back. If they come out wearing what the Broncos wore yesterday, I may change teams.
        Hey, those brown & yellow uniforms worn by the Broncos looked a lot like my old high school's football uniforms...it brought back a few good memories.

But they were ugly...

Here's a pic of how they look now, but when I was there they were the same ugly brown & yellow.

temp_4394_1467243487543_20
        RAMS!

Comment

Stay with throwbacks -- just not TOO far back (1965 is the limit for me).

I agree, the throwback blue and yellow uni's (not what I'd call them, that would be the old blue and whites, to me, but then, I'm just a grumpy old man) are far, far better than the new blue and gold uni's.

But I don't care what they wear if they just WIN a game.

-- RFRH
          Agreed on both points: first / foremost ... WIN!!! And yes, those 1st Broncos unis are probably the worst I've ever seen.

I wonder if we'll get to see the Rams 99 away version; I kind of favor that one over the home set.

Comment

I would do almost anything to have the Rams change back to the uniforms they wore Sunday. I really miss them.

I can't tell you how many times I would have somebody ask who my team was, and when I said the Rams they would say, "I hate (or don't like) the Rams, but I love (or like) their uniforms.

I remember reading an article (SI I think) in the early nineties when we were terrible. The guy was previewing the teams for the upcoming season. After he was done ripping us apart he said, "If I had to wear an NFL uniform I would wear the uniform of the Los Angeles Rams. They put every other teams uniform to shame".

So to sum it up, I voted for the throwbacks

Comment

We need to go back.

I'm young (17), and I started following the Rams during their Blue/gold age. I'd love to experience the blue/yellow.

Comment

I wish they would have gone back to the Blue and Whites with their throwbacks.

Comment

I wish there was some way to combine these answers.

I think the throwbacks look outdated and out of place in todays NFL. But I forgot how much I really loved that Blue and Yellow combo.

So my ideal vote would be... stick with the current uniform design, only with blue and yellow instead of dark blue and gold.

Comment

Originally posted by cfh128 View Post
                    I wish there was some way to combine these answers.

I think the throwbacks look outdated and out of place in todays NFL. But I forgot how much I really loved that Blue and Yellow combo.

So my ideal vote would be... stick with the current uniform design, only with blue and yellow instead of dark blue and gold.
                    You know, this thought has crossed my mind as well. I just hate the gold. It makes us look too much like the whiners.

However I disagree that they looked outdated.

Browns, Steelers, Colts, Bears, Saints, Packers, Giants, Jets. All these teams have made no, or very minor, changes. (The Giants and Jets changed back to their old school looks).
                    Last edited by ScottD413; -10-12-2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottD413 View Post
                      You know, this thought has crossed my mind as well. I just hate the gold. It makes us look too much like the whiners
                      AFAIR, the Rams colors are "millenium blue" and "century gold."

I like the darker millenium blue, but the century gold looks more like copper than gold.

A nice bright yellowish gold (like that of Notre Dame's) would look awesome.

Comment

I'm old school, so I really like the 99 superbowl jerseys and the ones they wore yesterday. I wouldn't mind seeing them in the 60's blue and white. I still HATE the ugly *****/fighting irish gold pants we have , those are hideous. Still I just want some wins.

Comment

I like the throw backs more. The material these days have extra gloss and it really looks good. Yellow is a little less intimidating than the gold, but it sparks the O IMO

Comment

Blue and whites for this opinionated, cranky old fart.

All that glitters, is not gold....
                            RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

I love the blue and yellow uni's. they are the best looking uni's ever. Secong would be the Raiders with the Cowboys close behind. After that it's a toss up. Go back to the Blue and Yellow.

Comment