Most Surprising Rams Stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Surprising Rams Stat

Which of the following stats (all of which are accurate), is the most surprising?
    The Rams are in the top half of the NFL in rushing yards allowed/carry (4.0)
    12.82%
    Steven Jackson is 4th in the NFL in rushing yards
    12.82%
    Marc Bulger's passer rating (81.4) is higher than Mark Sanchez's (74.1)
    16.24%
    The Rams don't have a receiver in the top 50 in yards
    6.84%
    James Laurinaitis leads all rookies with 40 tackles
    5.98%
    There are four teams (SF, Oak, KC, Clev) w/fewer yards/game on offense than the Rams.
    30.77%
    The Rams are second to last in turnover ratio (-7)
    14.53%

Re: Most Surprising Rams Stat

How does SJax do it? We are so awful now, imagine where we would be without him. Those who talk about trading Jackson make me crazy--talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water! GoRams!
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Comment

I honestly didnt expect bulger to have that good of a rating, so that one. Not neccisarly because it's better then sanchez's but because it's not in the 70s.

Comment

Another little know fact is that we are Ranked 12th in rushing ypg gaining 113.8 ypg. That's what defensive minded coaches do. They stop the run, and force feed the run down ur throat. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Want some, get some...GoRams

Comment

I voted for the poor turnover ratio. I didn't see this coming after a great preseason of takeaways.
          sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

I too opted for the poor turnover ratio. Couple that with being (I'm pretty sure) the most penalized team in the NFL and it really becomes quite clear just why and how we're so lowly offensively.
            Coach is working to make the team much more disciplined and football savvy, it just goes to show that it's indeed an uphill battle.

Comment

I voted for us being second to last in turnover ratio, after all the talk in the offseason about protecting the rock i thought we would be a little more focused about executing the idea. But i guess not.

Comment

I'm with you guys, that turnover ratio is very surprising considering how good we looked in preseason. I can only imagine how different all 4 games would have played out if that stat was reversed in our favor, regardless of the penalties. Here's hoping things change against Jax.

Comment

No receiver in the top 50 for receiving yards !!!

If we had only one legitimate long ball threat that had top 30 reception yards, SJ would be THAT much better.

Maineram -

Comment

I personally voted for the rams being in top half for rushing yards allowed.

Considering how poor the run defense has been the last few years.

I think it is exciting to watch the rams hit those gaps and get penetration.

It's exciting to see; knowing that they will only get better. Also not to forget that Billy D will add a few more pieces to the defence next year; which is coming along just fine IMO.

Go Rams 09 :helmet:

Comment

I honestly think they're all shocking stats except for Laurinaitis.

But Steven Jackson being #4. Too bad he hasn't gotten any touchdowns. He deserves them.

Comment

I cannot believe, as anemic as this offense has been, we're not dead last in total yards. Prolly were until Sunday. :|
                        If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Comment

Turnovers are horrible. We are forcing a decent amount but giving up way to many its ugly. Thought we would be in positive numbers

Comment

In 2006, we were 31st in rushing yards allowed, based on yards per carry. We improved to 20th the following year but then we slumped again last season to 29th. Okay, we've only played five games so far but we're 14th at the moment (and we've faced Adrian Peterson), so I am pleasantly surprised that we have improved the defence against the running game so much.

Comment

ah ah no to jackson trade here dudes,,
                              go Rams go

Comment