Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop it!!!

Come on Fans,
    Ok, we lost...again, it happens. But what kills me is that we discuss the same stuff everyweek. What happens is, we lose. Then you find the person who had the worse stats, and rag on them. Last week it was trade SJ for picks. Now its Long is a bust. Next week are you gonna rag on the Safeties? TE usually have a big day with us, and they don't hit hard enough to seperate the ball. What kills me is that we all know we are not a good team. We just don't have the talent to compete with other rosters. I said it once, I will say it again, we are a average team playing against above average teams. We don't have the depth, or money to take the neccesary steps to become legit contenders, this year. Billy D, and Coach Spags have taken all the right steps for making us a better team. Do you really think they don't know we need better depth at all the positions? Why can't we as fans, jus say positive things about the the Rams? Like Marc Bulger had a solid game...he's really been good this year. Or the Line didn't do a bad job. Or maybe even we didn't move the ball at all in the 2nd half, but when we need to score, our team stepped up. Posts like that don't get attetion though.....

Re: Stop it!!!

could'nt agree more we've got to stick together
    give the coach time.
    I'm sure the good times will come back
    Hopefully we wil get a couple of wins to cheers us all up
    go team Rams

Comment

It doesn't matter if we stick together or not. What matters is that this team sticks together and so far there is no fingerpointing, no bad mouthing, no hanging their heads. That's a positive step.

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan View Post
        It doesn't matter if we stick together or not. What matters is that this team sticks together and so far there is no fingerpointing, no bad mouthing, no hanging their heads. That's a positive step.
        Good point...the redskins game it was avery fumble. This game is was a couple things

Comment

Originally posted by invisiblehorns314 View Post
          Come on Fans,
          Ok, we lost...again, it happens. But what kills me is that we discuss the same stuff everyweek. What happens is, we lose. Then you find the person who had the worse stats, and rag on them. Last week it was trade SJ for picks. Now its Long is a bust. Next week are you gonna rag on the Safeties? TE usually have a big day with us, and they don't hit hard enough to seperate the ball. What kills me is that we all know we are not a good team. We just don't have the talent to compete with other rosters. I said it once, I will say it again, we are a average team playing against above average teams. We don't have the depth, or money to take the neccesary steps to become legit contenders, this year. Billy D, and Coach Spags have taken all the right steps for making us a better team. Do you really think they don't know we need better depth at all the positions? Why can't we as fans, jus say positive things about the the Rams? Like Marc Bulger had a solid game...he's really been good this year. Or the Line didn't do a bad job. Or maybe even we didn't move the ball at all in the 2nd half, but when we need to score, our team stepped up. Posts like that don't get attetion though.....
          When you've had two horrible years followed by an 0-6 start, you're going to see negative posts, it's just a fact of life. People deal with the situation in different ways.

If you want to see more positive threads, post some. Just be prepared for the negativity to creep into the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
            When you've had two horrible years followed by an 0-6 start, you're going to see negative posts, it's just a fact of life. People deal with the situation in different ways.

If you want to see more positive threads, post some. Just be prepared for the negativity to creep into the discussion.
            I have...they don't last long...people want drama...when I do, the get 4-8 comments, then they faid to the back page....I'm jus tired of reading negativity after every game...say something positive for once....

Comment

Originally posted by invisiblehorns314 View Post
              I have...they don't last long...people want drama...when I do, the get 4-8 comments, then they faid to the back page....I'm jus tired of reading negativity after every game...say something positive for once....
              what you`ll find is that negative threads draw more posts because often negative posters have more for people to disect...the "Long is a Bust" thread for example..about 70% of the people who have posted on that thread have been backing Long.not bashing him!

positive posts like say...i dunno..."Laurinaitis is playing well"..

what more is there to add...other than i concur,i agree etc...?

hence why negative thread starters get more posts in their threads.

im a positive person and dont see the point of starting negative threads myself,especially if one has already been started..

but when a team you support hasnt won a game in a whole year now...now is not the season to be jolly..

Comment

How about this for a positive post. I am positive we will lose our next game.

Comment

Chris Massey is doing an outstanding job as our longsnapper.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
                    How about this for a positive post. I am positive we will lose our next game.
                    Damn! That is bad karma doing that on your 1000th post.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaRam View Post
                      Yup. Pro Bowl calibur

Comment

Originally posted by ScottD413 View Post
                        Yup. Pro Bowl calibur
                        Actually, he does. He also hustles down the field after the snap. The trouble is that the pro Bowl selection for LS is made by the NFC head coach of the Pro Bowl team....

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaRam View Post
                          And our punter is the MVP of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by ramhomer View Post
                            And our punter is the MVP of the team.
                            He was shanking em like crazy on Sunday afternnoon.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
                              We whine when...
                              by RamWraith
                              we can't stop any one. We whine when we can. We whine when we are aggressive. We whine when we are conservative. We whine when we can't score all the time. We whine when we do. We whine when we call time outs. whine when we do. We whine when Marc throws for 400 yards and we whine when he doesn't. (this list could go on and on and on...)

What am I missing here? Did we lose against a playoff caliber team?
                              -09-11-2006, 01:30 PM
                            • rNemesis
                              I dont see how a team could be so bad....
                              by rNemesis
                              YEt be better than our Rams.

I mean I just dont get what it takes to win in this league man. I am just tired of hearing the SAME OLD RAMS talk from all these so called analysts and experts and whoever else. Whenever we are playing a great or good team, we never get the pick , and probably rightfully so. But whenever we play a bad team, no matter what their record is now, was then, or what they predict it to be this year, its like they always pick us to lose. I dont see how a team could lose 12 games a year yet be "better than us"

I dont see how a team could be 2-14 yet be " better than us"

I MEAN COME ON GUYS!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!! BULLISH!!!! You cannot sit here and tell me that EVERY team in the league is "LEAPS AND BOUNDS" ahead of us and that " they only need a couple of pieces" yet " we have so many gaping holes'

Let me tell you what I have been doing the past 3 painful years. I have been watching closely ( and understanding) what it takes to win in this league. I have watch us play every team in the NFL over that period, I think. And at some point you have to wonder " OK, when is this losing going to stop"? We have played everyone from the Colts and Saints straight down to the Lions and Chiefs. SO you sit and wonder after every loss if you are ever going to win because you see all the mistakes you make and all of the lack of impact players. Now all that is pretty much addressed, aside from a couple more positions, we have some good players on this team and we have STILL NOT won a game? BULLISH!!!

NOW think about THAT my friends!! Think about why some other teams "suck" yet they can find a way to win some games. Why cant we?

Biggest question I have ever tried to find the answer to, and probably also the most annoying. Dont tell me its because we have too many holes.
                              -09-17-2010, 01:56 PM
                            • MauiRam
                              What Fortywhiners Fans are saying .
                              by MauiRam
                              > No possible way this team travels on a short week to the Rams to win. We complete 2 passes in a half on offense. This is not an NFL offense. It's clear the defense has also dropped off. We can't stop anybody anymore. Plus the read option is worthless this year. All the WR's and TE's are hurt. Coaching and play calling are questionable. Forget the division. That's done. It's the Seahawks. Forget the wild card. I don't think we are making the playoffs. We will get a high draft pick.

> Our read option has done nothing but HURT our REAL run game.... Unless we go back to what worked in 2011, we will lose.

> I expect 1-3 to be honest. No confidence in this team until Harbaugh and Roman admit the pistol read-option does not give us the best chance to win anymore. We need to go back to the type of football that's proven to be successful for the last several decades.

> A short week + travel + the Rams have our # + their stadium + the way our offense is playing. We aren't winning that game. I'd be surprised if it's close.

> Final score: 2 - 0 Rams.

> It's obvious we don't have deep threats right now. Instead of the deep ball, why not primarily run the ball, and when necessary, go to short passes and rely on YAC? I've read that the Rams' secondary is suspect to put it mildly.

> Another loss coming our way. Actually make it 2 more, our next win might not happen until the Cards game. Right now, we are just too out of sync plus our mental game and confidence is to totally shattered.

> I'm glad it's a short week, I don't know if I could wait till Sunday to get this taste out of my mouth.

> Our passing offense is primarily Boldin, VD and Crabtree at full strength. Two out of those three are out, so we are running at 33%. Meanwhile, sure, why not give the others a chance...what is there to lose anyways. Better to have tried and lost than not try at all. There is something obviously/seriously wrong with the team right now...the ***** are not supposed to lose by these large margins. The coaching has to be questioned, everything has to be questioned before it's too late to change anything. We have a Coach of the year, Executive of the year, and an owner who has a lot of common sense. That's the only thing going for the team right now.

> The Ram's passrush will eat us alive.

> I don't understand the gameplan and offensive play calling the last 2 weeks. We have no WRs that can get open right now and yet we keep calling passing plays even though we were built as a run first team and had our best success the last 2 yrs on Gore's back. Harbaugh and Roman need to get their head outta their a**es and get back to running the ball and stop with the gimmicky read option BS

> The Rams suck. Their offense is so bland... I swear it's from the 1970's. Sam Bradford is Captain Checkdown...
                              -09-25-2013, 11:30 AM
                            • RamWraith
                              Locker Room Qoutes
                              by RamWraith
                              Thursday, September 30, 2004

QB Marc Bulger

(On preparing for the San Francisco game)
                              “I think with them starting out the way they have, and obviously with our record, it’s almost a must-win game. We had two good games last year, overtime here, then they got us pretty good out there. But it’s always a good game between these two organizations, and being a division game, it’s pretty important.”

(On playing at San Francisco)
                              “Last week, the way they got beat in Seattle, that’s not indicative of how good of a team they have. Just from watching some of their defense, they move around pretty well, and they have some incredible guys over there. It’s going to be a tough challenge this week.”

(On the Rams’ offensive style)
                              “I think everyone would like to see us run the ball more, the players, and I’m sure Coach Martz too. But what I think what he meant was, if the pass is all that is going for us, than that’s what we are going to stick with. Whatever it takes to win, whether we run it every down, or pass it every down, as long as we win that’s all we care about in here. I think that’s the point that he’s trying to convey.”

(On if the team is in panic mode)
                              “We are not in a panic. We know there is urgency in the situation we are in. I know how upset the fans get, and how upset everyone gets, but nobody wants to win more than us. The problem with that is if we dwell on the loss Sunday too much, then we won’t be prepared for San Francisco. We know they are getting ready right now, and if we are still worrying about last Sunday, then we will be in for a long game this Sunday. We made our corrections. You hate to say you had to move on, but you have to move on.”

(On if he has a good read on the ***** defense)
                              “They do a lot of coverages, and have a lot of different fronts. We played against pretty much all of those guys last year, so personnel-wise, we know them.”

(On if their defense is different now that Jim Mora is not the defensive coordinator)
                              “They do a lot of zone blitzing. (Mora) was probably a little more aggressive. That was just his style. They will still dial it up, and we will have to be prepared for a lot of things. Every week, some things you prepare for they don’t do, and some things you didn’t think they would do, they do. So we are just preparing for everything.”

DE Leonard Little

(On the defense not having a turnover)
                              “That’s the way it is sometimes. It will turn around for us. We’ll start to get some turnovers and get our offense on the field a little more. We started 1-2 last year and people put us in the same position last year at this time, so we just need to come out and play our game.”

(On if the defense hasn’t been as aggressive as last year)
                              “No, we just made some mental mistakes. It’s not like people...
                              -09-30-2004, 11:58 AM
                            • RamsFanSam
                              OK, convince me!
                              by RamsFanSam
                              I have read plenty of posts from people saying fans shouldn't look at the bright side of last night's defeat, that instead we should all don sackcloth and ashes, and mourn the death of the 2008 season for our Rams.

Convince me why I should!

I watched only the first quarter, but I did listen to the entire game. Of course, the TV broadcast was done by the Titans Network, meaning that the commentary was biased in favor of the Titans. The other 3 quarters was a mix of NFL's gamecenter and KTVI audio, niether of which was very good.

What I came out of the media barrage I witnessed is the following:

1. Marc looked a little rusty. Of course, considering that there was only TWO others on the offense who had ever played in Saunder's system, I expected to see some confusion. But, I guess that since Marc didn't launch a 99 yard Hail Mary for 6 on the first possession means that Marc is all washed up. After all, when a reciever isn't in the right place at the right time, it's always the QB's fault.

2. I also saw a really good defense beat our O-line. Considering that these front five guys have NEVER played a single game together before, We know it's all Pace's fault. He is all washed up, and we should have traded for Jake Long and then overpaid him to take Pace's spot.

3. I saw 2 passes go long, so long that no one on either team had a chance to get to them. It didn't matter that both times the recievers were double covered and had no chance in hell of breaking away, those recievers must suck, so we should have traded them for some untested rookie. Darn Linehan for drafting someone who has skills that our offense could use instead of some other rookie!

4. I saw our defense get beat up. Badly. Even though they made a solid stand in the red zone, we know they suck. It doesn't matter that some of our starters were out, we should have beaten the Titans back into the stone age with undersized, inexperienced rookies. It's all Haslett's fault for not having UFA's and rookies available that we can afford.

5. Our "wannabe's" didn't come back in the second half and win the game. Of course, they have had a whole 90 days or so to forget everything they ever learned about football just to learn football all over again. I forget that other millionaires such as Bill Gates have been there before. Didn't he have to forget everything he knew about Windows 98 to learn Windows XP in just 90 days? He didn't? Oh my. Those rookies and coaches have to go....NOW!

So, as you can see, I am NOT saying everything will be OK by next week. In fact, I'll be happy if we win 3 of our first 8, and come out 8-8 this season. I know all is not well in St. Louis as of yet, and I didn't expect it to be. Last year I had hope, because everything was in place. This year, we have a tougher schedule, most of our great players are either gone or they are getting...
                              -08-10-2008, 03:41 PM
                            Working...
                            X