If we wanted gibson this bad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we wanted gibson this bad...

Why would we draft brooks foster over him?? Can someone look up the draft pos??? Were the eagels ahead of us/

Re: If we wanted gibson this bad...

We drafted Foster instead of Gibson, and I'm wondering the same damn thing.

Comment

Witherspoon for more cap space,a 5th AND Gibson.

Foster may have been higher on the Rams draft board but situation has changed and Billy D responded accordingly..

We havent just traded Spoon for Gibson..weve traded Spoon for a better overall long term package.

the alternative scenario is..we cut Spoon in the off-season then peeps will say why didnt we try and get something in return for him...anything gotta be better than a straight out cut.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce4life View Post
        Why would we draft brooks foster over him?? Can someone look up the draft pos??? Were the eagels ahead of us/
        Foster was taken in the 5th...Gibson in the 6th.

Comment

Right. And the fact that we are freeing up the cap is huge.
          Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Gibson apparently had a great preseason. Perhaps that influenced them more than his pre-draft workouts.

Comment

He better be the 3rd receiver on the field this Sunday.. Give him experience right off the bat cause we are not going anywhere no matter what so give all the rookies a chance

Comment

We actually had him in for pre draft visits. He was a little banged up so that probably dropped him.

Comment

Originally posted by 39thebeast View Post
                  We actually had him in for pre draft visits.
                  i thought we did but wasnt 100% sure..so didnt pull that card out just incase i was wrong..theres no doubt somebody who keeps them sort of lists.

Comment

This is great deal!!! Rams are going younger, tougher and bigger. The general manager has done excellent job with evaluating young talent. He got Avery, Robinson, Amendola, Laurinaitis and others. Billy is getting his and Spags type of players. They did not intend to trade Spoon, they wanted McMichael and Barron to get traded but none would trade picks because of sallary cap next year. Spoon gives philodelphia great chance to compete right of the bet. They need middle line backer and he is perfect because he is in same type of defense here. Same goes for Gibs, he will fit right in with the offense that Rams run. GREAT DEAL BOYS!!!

Comment

No clue. Gibson was projected to go in the fourth or fifth round last year. We had plenty of opportunities to get him.

Probably Devaney thought higher of Foster than Gibson, but wanted both? Who knows...

Comment

I hope Gibson plays well. I was very upset with Witherspoon getting traded, but if Gibson plays any well, we got a good offensive player in return.

I'm just worried about our defense now. We have to fill two line backer spots this year now.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce4life View Post
                          Why would we draft brooks foster over him??
                          Because they probably had Brooks Foster rated higher on their draft board at the time.

Comment

I think this is being analyzed incorrectly. This isn't about Brooks Foster vs. Gibson; this is about the Rams being in dire need of a receiver right now. Foster would be in there right now if he were healthy but he's not- which is a reason why the Rams needed to obtain a receiver. Gibson apparently fits their criteria of a young guy whom they feel can fill a need and also possibly develop in the future.

Comment

Even if Gibson turns into a bust and is cut this offseason, it doesn't really change the fact that the Rams aren't going to make the playoffs this season and are building for the future. Spoon wasn't going to be the answer when they were finally in an opportunity to be competitive.

The Rams are going ultra-young and I'm thrilled by it. I just wish they could have traded Little for a pick.

When draft time comes around, the discussion of trading down for more picks is going to be hot and heavy since the Rams are more than a QB away from competing.

Comment

Working...
                              X