Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches Assure Jackson he was not on the trade block

Per rotoworld, so as always, take it as it is:

The Rams front office spoke to Steven Jackson before the trade deadline to assure him they never considered moving him.
    The rumors that Jackson was on the block were way off base. The Rams just wanted to assure their best player that he'll be the face of the franchise for the rest of this season and beyond.

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch
    ---------------------

Good to know he was never being considered as trade bait. We don't need him thinking negative things about the organization.

Re: Coaches Assure Jackson he was not on the trade block

I'm happy about that even though I might be in the minority view.
    :ramlogo:

Comment

This is good for Jackson's morale. We don't want him going through the rest of the season and future years thinking that we tried to get rid of him.

Comment

If we would have gotten rid of our best player, and probably the majority fan favorite, I think many a fan would have jumped ship. This team is bad enough right now, and if you get rid of the one glimmer of hope of watching something exciting happening on offense, what kind of message are you sending to the fans?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• BEER
          Why,why,why, did we not trade Jackson?
          by BEER
          I said three years ago we needed to trade Jackson for the reason of worth. Now I see I was wrong. The reason, our Gm, Vp, Hc, dont know how to pull in talent. It sucks that jackson could have had a superbowl or superbowl chance with someone else. I hope that when he does go elsewhere he does get the ring he deserves. I was hated on then for posting we need to trade him and let him move on back then, o well, lets see if a new regime can change our bad habits. Rams moving forward, I hate to look back.
          -12-28-2011, 04:48 PM
        • Nick
          PFT: Trade talk persists regarding Steven Jackson
          by Nick
          Trade talk persists regarding Steven Jackson
          Posted by Mike Florio on October 28, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT

With the trade deadline only two days away, Rams running back Steven Jackson continues to be at the center of speculation regarding a possible deal that would send him out of St. Louis in his ninth season with the team.

In recent years, there has been speculation that the Rams should ship Jackson to a contending team, given that the Rams were anything but contending. Now that the Rams are truly contending, itís odd that theyíd move him.

But it has been reported this season that the Rams donít plan on bringing Jackson back next year. If thatís the case, why not get something for him now?

And so Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Rams have fielded inquiries regarding Jackson. Though heís not being actively shopped, the Rams are willing to listen.

Suitors include the Packers, who donít have much of a running game since the injury to Cedric Benson. Then again, they didnít have much of a running game with Benson.

The Rams would have to get a sweet deal in exchange for Jackson. Otherwise, it could be difficult to sell the fans on a decision to send the most popular member of the post-Greatest Show on Turf out of town.
          -10-28-2012, 09:55 AM
        • dave626
          Should we trade SJ for both our sakes?
          by dave626
          If we trade him what kind of picks could we get for him? He is an awsome talant but we need so much as a team. Could we do like a Hershal Walker kinda trade ?
          -12-14-2009, 04:34 PM
        • DPskywalker
          An appeal to trade for Vincent Jackson.
          by DPskywalker
          ...I am very, very sorry to pull this mean prank, but there was a reason for it, and that is this:

Every single one of you VJ detractors was rock hard when you read that. And you should be....It's EXCITING.

It would make Sam Bradford, SJax, and Shurmer much better overnight...and over that same night, our division seems to be getting worse, and worse.

Last thing: We were a play away from winning both of those games. We are 2-0 if he were a Ram (and was on the field) right now.

2-0 or 0-2. Many of you asked how many games a year he adds to our win total. Well, after two games played. It's two games!
          -09-20-2010, 04:43 PM
        • txramsfan
          Trade Steven Jackson
          by txramsfan
          Why not? He's the only player on this team that has any value to others. This team is going nowhere anyway, why not get some value for the guy while we can, move him to a place where he can win, and start over? The Rams need playmakers, badly. More than just Jackson. Pull a Dallas Cowboys type of trade, get multiple picks for Jackson, and start rebuilding correctly. This Rams team isn't going to win this year and probably next year anyway, so why not get some major value from the one player that can get it?
          -10-05-2009, 09:05 AM
        Working...
        X