• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams-Colts Sell Out

10.21.2009 4:22 pm
    Rams-Colts sell out; Channel 4 will air game locally
    By Bill Coats
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Although several hundred tickets remain, the St. Louis Rams have fulfilled NFL sellout requirements for Sunday’s home game against the undefeated Indianapolis Colts. That means that the game can be televised locally. KMOV, Channel 4, has the telecast, with kickoff set for noon.

Re: Rams-Colts Sell Out

Great, more of the opposing fans in our house, wow, what a homefield advantage for us.

Comment

Man, if I lived in St. Louis I'd take my family there every weekend, regardless if they lose, on top of that, I'd stay for the entire game still cheering!

I kind of don't like that when the "fans" (not all) leave early cause it looks like there is no chance. Or if things look too tough early on, they stop cheering. That's your team right there! Cheer for them!

Comment

This is one of the things that upsets me most about the Rams playing in St. Louis. Too many opposing fans at our home games.

There's no way most of these tickets were sold to fans of a winless team, who just happen to be playing an undefeated team. I expect to see a lot of Manning jerseys in the stands

Comment

This sucks, but can't say I didn't see it coming. =/

Comment

I just wish the Rams were able to put a decent product on the field so fan would actually want to spend their hard earned money on them.

Comment

Indianapolis is about 250 miles from STL.

By the way, their stadium looks pretty big from the outside.

Comment

I will be there for my first rams game, I really hope they put in a good effort for me lol

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaRam View Post
                  Indianapolis is about 250 miles from STL.

By the way, their stadium looks pretty big from the outside.
                  It's also quite nicely appointed and yet keeps some of that warehouse feel on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottD413 View Post
                    This is one of the things that upsets me most about the Rams playing in St. Louis. Too many opposing fans at our home games.

There's no way most of these tickets were sold to fans of a winless team, who just happen to be playing an undefeated team. I expect to see a lot of Manning jerseys in the stands
                    Too bad they aren't playing in the LA Coliseum, where about 70% of the fans were rooting for the visiting team. Now that would really be a home field advantage. ;)

gap
                    Last edited by gap; -10-22-2009, 06:40 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I have two tickets I'm trying to sell because I can't make it to the game (I recently moved to CT). I know it's short notice, but I'm selling $75 tickets for $40 each. Anyone interested? E-mail me at [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFanInCT View Post
                        I have two tickets I'm trying to sell because I can't make it to the game (I recently moved to CT). I know it's short notice, but I'm selling $75 tickets for $40 each. Anyone interested? E-mail me at [email protected]
                        Welcome to CT, I'm officially not the only CT Rams fan... and uh welcome to to clan also

Comment

Indianapolis is not that far away. I have driven through the city and seem their stadium twice this year. This is close enough for many of them to be driving in.
                          sigpic

Comment

In 1995 a lot of fans drove over to Indy to watch the Rams! When you are winning, this happens. The Rams started out pretty hot in 95.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
                              Rams Season Finale Will Be Blacked Out
                              by r8rh8rmike
                              12.31.2009 3:46 pm
                              Rams season finale will be blacked out
                              By Jim Thomas
                              St. Louis Post-Dispatch

For the third home game in a row, the St. Louis Rams will be blacked out on local television. With more than 8,000 tickets remaining at the start of the week, the Rams did not seek an extension of the blackout deadline Thursday.

As a result, Sunday’s season finale against San Francisco at the Edward Jones Dome will be the ninth game blacked out since the Rams moved to St. Louis in 1995.
                              -01-01-2010, 11:11 PM
                            • RamsInfiniti
                              What is wrong with the fans?
                              by RamsInfiniti
                              I would assume that most of the posters on this board are truly diehard and would go to the game at whatever cost, if at all possible ...

With that said ...

What is wrong with the fans in St. Louis?

1300 tickets still left? We are only 1 game into the season and the "fans" are giving up? I realize that for the majority of the third quarter and all of the first quarter, we play like horsecrap against the Panthers. Problem was, I saw fans leaving in the third quarter!!

I don't live in St. Louis. I live way down in Alabama and I got a chance to finally come to the game last year against the *****. I was amazed at how QUIET the dome was. Where is the passion? Where is the fight?

I don't understand how there could possibly still be tickets available! Nothing would stop me from going to the game, especially if I could get tickets for cheap. I wish I was able to drive to St. Louis this weekend, but it's just not possible ...

WE NEED SOME NOISE IN THE DOME THIS WEEK! The morale is this team is seemingly low, and we need a 12th man. Come on!

I might be the biggest homer ever, but I am sitting down, jumping around, screaming, and yelling at my TV every week, whether we are 6-2 or 1-7. I feel that I am a real fan, and I will support this team, every week, until I die. As a matter of fact, I haven't missed a single game in 6 years now, and sometimes it's hard to find a way to get them out of market. Now I have DirecTV, so I see em all, but I can't tell you how many crackshack bars I've been to in an effort to support my Rams ....

REMEMBER!!! We were 4-1 last year and lost several in a row. It's still early, and we can turn this around just as well: I have no doubt we'll rebound against the ***** ...

Rams 20, ***** 17 ...
                              -09-12-2007, 08:26 AM
                            • RamWraith
                              Dont Sell Out!!
                              by RamWraith
                              Please tell one and all not to give into the dark side. PACKER fans will be coming in full force to St. Louis. You will NEVER see as many out of town fans as you will Packer fans. Don't give into them...don't sell you tickets. Be weary if someone offers you to much money for that ticket cause you might selling it to the dark side. These people are CRAZY they would sell the children to attend a game.

Jason
                              -01-15-2002, 12:43 PM
                            • RamWraith
                              Article on Fan support
                              by RamWraith
                              Ignore the results, just give the Rams your $$
                              By Josh Bacott December 20, 2007
                              Email Link Printer Friendly
                              Don’t blame Steven Jackson.

As much as you wanted to blame him when you read his comments in Bryan Burwell’s Monday column, the Rams running back’s angry rant on the lack of support at Sunday’s game was to be expected. It appeared a little rash and not all that well thought out but, considering the league he plays in and the team that employs him, it was expected nonetheless.

Even if Jackson’s intent was to demonstrate his equal frustration in the team, the front office, the coaches and the fans, his comments hit squarely on only one of those groups. And criticizing the fan support after your team just got pummelled 33-14 to fall to 3-11 overall is not something people tend to react well to. I wasn’t on hand to hear the comments by Jackson so I can’t say for sure if his venom was aimed at the fans that indirectly pay his salary, but the general topic brings to light two larger points:

1.) Attendance at the Dome isn’t as bad as people might have you think
                              Despite the blackouts, that diatribes by team members and the general lack of interest in the team this year, 96% of tickets to Rams home games have been sold this year - That number is better than football powerhouses such as Pittsburgh (95.5%), Indianapolis (95.1%), Chicago (92.8%) and Buffalo (88.7%) amongst others. Those claiming that St. Louis isn’t a football town would also have to argue the same about each of these cities. An average of 62,664 people have come out to watch the Rams go 1-6 at home this season. With performances like that, it’s not a surprise that some of those tickets find their way into the hands of the opposing fans. The people of St. Louis still support this franchise, they’re just waiting for it to become mutual.

2.) The NFL is just like every other entertainment product even though they think they’re not
                              It doesn’t take many upper level business courses to figure out that if a low-quality product is being sold to the public at a high price, sales will eventually suffer. The Rams suck. Let’s just get that out there right now. They play a boring style of football that has produced the second worst record in the league, continuing their ugly free fall into the depths of the NFL. It’s not a shock that fans are beginning to find better ways to spend their money and their Sunday afternoons, nor is it unique to St. Louis. As KC Star columnist Joe Posnanski wrote yesterday, the same thing is happening in Kansas City, by all accounts one of the best football cities in the nation.

Steven Jackson’s attitude is symptomatic of a growing issue within the league. As the NFL has risen to prominence throughout the country, front office folks and league officials have come to assume that fans will continue to come to NFL games in droves regardless of the product on the field....
                              -12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
                            • r8rh8rmike
                              Rams Assure Sellout, Local TV For Sunday's Game
                              by r8rh8rmike
                              11.20.2009 3:13 pm
                              Rams assure sellout, local TV for Sunday’s game
                              By Bill Coats
                              St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Local St. Louis Rams fans — and those St. Louisans who still embrace Kurt Warner and/or the former St. Louis Cardinals — will be able to watch Sunday’s game on television after all.

A TV blackout was averted when the Rams bought up the remaining tickets at today’s 3:05 p.m. extended deadline and donated them to local charities and youth groups, assuring that the NFL sellout requirements were satisfied. The number of remaining tickets was believed to be about 4,500.

Each of the Rams’ five games this year has met those requirements and has been aired here.
                              -11-20-2009, 02:08 PM
                            Working...
                            X