Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I still loyal to the Rams?

Why? WHY WHY!??!

Maybe because when I moved to America, football was the greatest sport ever for me. And I felt like it was fate that the same year that my local team won the Superbowl. Whatever it is I will never lose hope. We have def chalked up this season, but lets keep building. Just remember anything can happen in the playoffs so maybe we can sneak in next year?

For me ever since that double over time loss to carolina, nothing has been the same. Its been going down hill since then, but Spagnulo is the best caoch we had since Vermeil. So as 2Pac says Keep ya head up. We are gonna re-tool and it begins by whoopin that lion ASS this week.

Re: Why am I still loyal to the Rams?

Exactly. We are rebuilding from the bottom up. Things are looking good for the future.

Comment

Why am I still loyal to the Rams?

Honestly, because I had no other team to root for when Georgia pulled them out of LA/OC. If another team had come in to replace them, I probably would have become a fan of that team. ...depending who that team was. Example: Raiders. No.

Comment

Although I moved from Cali to Oklahoma as a kid, I was in the same quandry when the Rams moved to St. Louis. Ultimately, I decided to follow them where ever they end up.

If people would help me raise money to buy the Rams, I could fix everything.

Comment

I have no physical ties to any team, and i ended up supporting the Rams. Therefore, since I have no physical tie to any team, i have no reason to not continue supporting the Rams. Its not like if they move away im going to change who i support.
          @EssexRam_

Comment

the cheerleaders arent bad either

Comment

Bad times bring good futures. hold on guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
                Pleasure being the child of pain, you're implying that we'll be very happy someday .. Well .. the way things are going now, when our "pleasure" finally arrives, there's gonna be so much of it, (based on our current pain status), that sensory overload may occur, possibly resulting in bodily harm for some of the Clan's senior members ... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
                  Tell that to the dawg pound, the lions and cardinals for that matter.
                  We only get a limited time on this earth and Ive seen enough bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by 3STL9 View Post
                    Why? WHY WHY!??!

For me ever since that double over time loss to carolina, nothing has been the same. Its been going down hill since then, but Spagnulo is the best caoch we had since Vermeil. So as 2Pac says Keep ya head up. We are gonna re-tool and it begins by whoopin that lion ASS this week.

There are usually a couple of horrific experiences that will always be etched in your memory as the fan of a particular team. For Rams fans, one is obviously SuperBowl 36, but nearly as depressing was this home loss to Carolina. A bitter, bitter pill to swallow. Wilkins misses a 53 yard field goal by a foot or two; Bulger has the Rams on the fringe of field goal range in OT. Run the ball a time or two with Faulk and the game is ours. Instead, Martz gambles foolishly (an old story...), Bulger is picked off and three plays later Jason Sehorn's jockstrap is on the field on the ass end of a 60 yard touchdown. Terrible. Should have been to another Super Bowl that year.

My, how far we've fallen...

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
                      The Optimists Have NOT Joined The Naysayers
                      by AvengerRam_old
                      The Naysayers are gloating. They believe that they have been vindicated. They believe that the optimists have joined their ranks.

They are wrong.

First of all, what kind of a Ram fan gloats over a loss? A loss should be a BAD THING for all Ram things. However, there are some who's pleasure in saying "I told you so" outweighs any upset they may have over "their team" having lost a game.

The Naysayers believe that they "knew this was going to happen." They didn't. I've always been an optimist. At the start of 1999, I was optimistic. But I didn't KNOW that the Rams were going to win it all. Heck, I didn't even KNOW that they would make the playoffs. I hoped they would, and my hopes were fulfilled. Similarly, on some level, the Naysayers HOPED the Rams would fail, and their hopes have been vindicated thus far.

Finally, while the Optimists may be down, and may have resigned themselves to the fact that the team is not going to fulfill their hopes this year, they... or perhaps I should say WE have not joined the ranks of the naysayers.

In a nutshell, here's the difference:

NAYSAYERS speak of failure in the face of an uncertain future, then hope for the worst.

OPTIMISTS speak of failure only in the face of failure, and still hope for the best.

Enjoy yourselves, Naysayers. Your day has come.

We Optimists will continue to hope for a better day.
                      -11-08-2004, 09:33 AM
                    • RamDez
                      Why - When something goes wrong?
                      by RamDez
                      Why - When something goes wrong, do the great unwashed call for someones head?

Why - when it does not go the way we want, we want to fix it by breaking it even more? mmmmm?

Shoot, I am as upset as everyone else but man, fire Linehan LOL that just does not make sense.

But I would love for you to give me the reasons why you want to fix it by breaking it even further. Go right ahead and post your thoughts
                      -11-13-2006, 03:50 AM
                    • RAMS134
                      Why Why Why
                      by RAMS134
                      Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?

Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?

Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?

If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?
                      -07-28-2006, 12:59 PM
                    • Will51
                      i just don't get it
                      by Will51
                      I don't know what it is about this team I swear I feel that just because I am a fan I have cursed this team. How are we 0-6? Are we really that terrible? It sucks so bad because every week I go to the local sports bar with 3 of my friends who are also die hard fans of their respective teams and win lose or draw their teams always put up a fight/or have wins. It's a shame I mean we have excellent players such as laurinitis, jackson bradford long and mikell and other good players. What is it? I just can't figure it out. Every year we play terrible football while watching teams like the lions raiders bengals and many others surpasses us. I have not missed a game in over 6 years and it is just dreadful to have a team this bad. It hurts and every sunday I leave asking myself why us? why me?
                      -10-23-2011, 07:35 PM
                    • AvengerRam_old
                      The Zen of AvengerRam
                      by AvengerRam_old
                      I don't know what it is.

Maybe, its just that I have a lot of other things going on in my life.

Maybe, its because I'm getting older.

Whatever the reason, I just don't seem to have it in me to get angry about the inevitable criticism, teeth-gnashing, scapegoat hunting and condemnation of the Rams. In the past, I had a passion for providing counter-arguments for every over-the-top, knee-jerk, broad-brushed comment about the team, its players, the coaching staff and the ownership.

I just don't have it in me any more.

I see a lot of hope for this franchise. I believe that there is a young core of players that is bound to produce some significant contributers. I look at Kroenke's rise to power as a sign of good things to come. I believe that there will be more to cheer for this year than most believe there will be, and a playoff appearance within 2-3 years.

I know there are some who doubt this, or wholly disagree. That's fine. I'm tired of arguing. I'm tired of having to explain such obvious concepts as "every team has injuries," or "a player who's been in the league for 3 games cannot be described as a bust."

Its enough already.

I just want to be a fan. To enjoy the anticipation of each Sunday. To cheer until the clock reads 0:00. To find reason for hope even when things are down.

That's what made being a fan fun for me when I was a kid. Why should it be different now?

For those "naysayers" out there... well... I've fought the good fight against you. I'll continue to try to drown you out with my optimism, but I'm done playing your game. Nothing will ever eradicate those types of "fans," so why bother trying?

There's a big circle around 9/12/10 on my calendar. I get to travel to St. Louis once more and watch the start of another Rams season. I will do so with the belief, even if unrealistic, that this could be the year when it all turns around.

I can't wait.
                      -07-29-2010, 02:52 PM
                    Working...
                    X