X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guam rammer
    • Aug 2006

The O-line

Wow SJax gets his 1st TD and almost 150 yrds rushing. Bulger Doesnt get sacked? Is the O-line doing better or is it just because we played the Lions? Either way, I'm super happy for our team. Good job Rams. Now no one can say that the Lions are better then us!!!!!

Re: The O-line

I think it's a bit of both. The O-line is gelling, but we did play the Lions...

Comment

• 01d 0rd3r
      • May 2009

Regardless, the announcers said something about jim caldwell calling our interior line the best they have faced this year.
      Not great considering they played
      Jacksonville
      dolphins
      cards
      hawks
      titans
      Still not bad to have a little praise.

Comment

• NJ Ramsfan1
        • Sep 2008

I will take Jim Caldwell at his word. Gotta' give credit where credit is due- the offensive line did a great job today and has shown flashes of improvement for much of the season. While playing the Lions probably figured in their collective success, that doesn't detract from their effort and output towards a winning effort today.

Comment

• LA Rammer
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
          the announcers said something about jim caldwell calling our interior line the best they have faced this year.
          Good this will lessen or needs come the offseason. Once more, I think the worst is behind us.
          LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

• 39thebeast
            • May 2007

Setterstrom was pushing piles when he was in there I was really impressed. Health has always been his biggest problem. Unlike last year depth guys like Setterstrom, Grecco, and Goldberg have stepped up all year.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Rammer View Post
              Good this will lessen or needs come the offseason. Once more, I think the worst is behind us.
              Man, I sure hope your right LA Rammer, it was getting down right "suicidal", just glad to get our first win and something to build upon for the players and our coach, fans.
              :helmet:

Comment

• RockinRam
                • Apr 2008

I saw Setterstrom in at left guard often. He was doing a good job too. Not to mention he's bigger than Bell, and I saw him push defenders back on the line, unlike Bell.

Jason Brown did a nice job again today as always.

Goldberg filled in pretty nicely for Cogs.

Jason Smith did a nice job making some holes too.

Anyone watch Barron play? From the times I saw him, he looked pretty decent in pass protection.
                Last edited by RockinRam; -11-01-2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Defense
                  • Jun 2006

I really do think that Setterstrom is making a case for getting his old job back. Bell is just too small for this type of offensive scheme I believe. We are trying to set up more of a smash mouth type run game, were as Bell is more suited for a zone block such as Denver. I really do hope Setterstrom gets his job back, always really liked that kid. He was doing really well until he caught that tough break last year and messed up his knee.

Comment

• tomahawk247
                    • Feb 2006

I like what i see from Jason Smithm, i like the way he was always finishing off plays.
                    @EssexRam_

Comment

• Goldenfleece
                      • Jul 2004

Good job in the running game, but the pass protection was still suspect at times. The Lions didn't get sacks, but they did get frequent pressure. I think DE Avril batted down at least three passes on his own.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RammStein
                        Lions Next
                        by RammStein
                        With all due respect to the Lions .. the days are far over from when Sanders graced their home field .. the Lions being one of the three favorite teams .. mind you all the Rams being my favorite and the Steelers being my third favorite .. I have lost a lot of love for the Lions .. but I always wish two things .. they beat the Bears and the Cowboys

though this is the Lions home opener .. and though I don't have my stats the Lions are pretty good with home Openers .. so the Lions aren't a push over nor is any other team .. this is Pro Football and the players get paid for a reason .. but the Lions are going to have a hard time keeping up with the Rams offence .. not to mention the Lions Offence might make the Rams Defence look even better this week

though I like the Lions and will always do .. I feel sorry for them .. key match up to key match up .. they look like they are going to get walked all over on

what does anyone else think?
                        -10-01-2001, 12:22 PM
                      • AvengerRam
                        Will the Rams turn things around @ Detroit? (This week's pick)
                        by AvengerRam
                        I'm having a hard time with this game. Both the Rams and the Lions have been inconsistent. Making matters more difficult, both teams have key players (Rams: Quinn, Brockers, Hayes/Lions: Riddick, Ebron, Boldin, Tomlinson) who are questionable.

Still, I'm optimistic. I think the Rams can move the ball on the Lions, and if they can pressure Matthew Stafford, I think they can keep the Lions' offense in check.

My pick:

Los Angeles Rams 24
                        Detroit Lions 20
                        -10-13-2016, 08:46 AM
                      • r8rh8rmike
                        Lions Hope To Extend Rams' 17-Game Losing Streak
                        by r8rh8rmike
                        Lions hope to extend Rams’ 17-game losing streak
                        By LARRY LAGE, AP Sports Writer
                        Oct 31, 12:04 am EDT

DETROIT (AP)—Somebody’s got to win, right?

Detroit, which has one victory since enduring the NFL’s first 0-16 season, is hosting the winless St. Louis Rams, who might have their best shot to avoid joining the Lions in league infamy, in an oddly intriguing game.

“Both of us are hungry for a win,” Lions linebacker Julian Peterson(notes) said.

Starving, really.

The Lions quietly slipped out of the national watch of terrible teams when they finally won a game in Week 3, snapping a 19-game losing streak and ending talk about the possible pursuit of Tampa Bay’s league-record 26-game skid.

Detroit hasn’t won since beating Washington, though, and its 2-28 mark since the middle of 2007 matches the worst 30-game record in league history.

The Rams are winless through seven games and if they don’t beat the Lions, they might be bad enough to replicate Detroit’s unenviable achievement with an 0-16 year and match the Buccaneers’ mark for futility set during the 1976-77 seasons.

Detroit running back Kevin Smith figures the Rams are looking at the matchup as their week to finally win.

“If I’m St. Louis, I’m saying, `OK, you’ve got a 1-5 Lions team that went through our situation last year, let’s try to get a jump start on our season with a win versus the Lions,”’ Smith said. “You have to anticipate that’s what they’re thinking.”

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo insisted that’s not the case.

“We don’t go there,” Spagnuolo said.

The message has sunk in with his players.

“Records in the NFL mean very little,” quarterback Marc Bulger said. “Arizona was 9-7 last year and I don’t think anyone gave them a chance of going to the Super Bowl. You treat every week like it’s own Super Bowl and I think that’s what coach is trying to preach to us.”

The Lions have a chance to get their top two players back on offense— receiver Calvin Johnson and quarterback Matthew Stafford—after both missed games with injured right knees.

“Calvin obviously changes the game,” Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said. “He changes not only our offense, but he changes the way defenses play.

“The strides that Matt had made early in the season, he needs to be able to pick that back up again.”

Stafford, the No. 1 pick in the draft, said he learned something while he was relegated to standing on the sideline.

“It was tough watching, I don’t really like it,” he said. “You feel like you learn more playing than you do just sitting there watching because you’re so much more in tune.”

The Rams are out of sorts on both sides of the ball, especially when they have it inside opponents’ 20. They have scored on just half of their...
                        -10-31-2009, 06:11 PM
                      • txramsfan
                        Lions chances for 0-16?
                        by txramsfan
                        Was looking at the Lions remaining schedule, and their only real shot left in my opinion is the last game at home. And by the way, it is Aints week, or should I say "clinch" week? lol

I think the Lions make history. How about you?

Oh absolutely!!! :(
                        12.50%
                        Been too close, will sneak one win against Minn or Dallas.
                        25.00%
                        Will play spoiler against the Bears or Steelers
                        25.00%
                        1-15 with a win against the Cowboys on the last day?
                        37.50%
                        -12-11-2001, 04:27 PM
                      • 1980RAMS
                        Rams Can't Take the Lions Lightly!!!
                        by 1980RAMS
                        We cant take the lions lightly. This team has been on the brink of beating there last 3 out of 4 teams. They have come back in the 4th quarter to almost beat the packers eagles and bears. None of those teams are a joke. Its going to be at home and they are going to be hungry for a win.

What you guys think.....:helmet:
                        -10-05-2010, 12:17 PM
                      Working...
                      X