• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• ramsbruce
    Seahawk Fans When Is D Jackson Coming Back?
    by ramsbruce
    What week is Darrell Jackson projected to be back playing for the Hawks at WR?
    -11-07-2005, 04:37 PM
  • LaRamsFanLongTime
    Paging Live&letdie
    by LaRamsFanLongTime
    I noticed something this morning while I was sitting here. Join date 9,18,06 is it just me or is that the day after the game. You sat back and waited for your team to win till you had the courage to come on here what a pansy. While Okie and scrapie have to put their heads together to make one coherant thought, at least they were here before the game. Your the ultimate troll. I would be suprised to see our Niner fans on here disagreeing with me on this one.
    -09-19-2006, 10:28 AM
  • schut39
    Jackson seeks peace with fans
    by schut39
    I wonder how the crowd is going to react when SJ comes onto the field saturday?

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    08/22/2008

Steven Jackson has fresh legs and a fresh contract. Now, he wants a fresh start with Rams fans in St. Louis.

"I do understand everyone has their own opinion," Jackson said Thursday. "But I think if I can continue to play in the manner that I have in the (previous) four years, and stay healthy on the field, I think all will be forgiven.

"A lot of time, we're hard on our loved ones, and I consider my fans my loved ones. So some things I should take back. And I do apologize for my statements for being a little critical of them."

Then, he added with a laugh, "But I do want them to be in the (stands), too."
    -08-21-2008, 09:32 PM
  • ZiaRam
    My World: Five Stages of Rams' Fans' Grief
    by ZiaRam
    by Patty Hsieh

Yes, it's another week without a win.

Yes, the Washington Redskins delivered the Rams yet another painful loss on Sunday.

And yes, that keeps the Rams winless. We can all wishfully think the numbers were somehow reversed, but the fact of the matter is the Rams are 0-4.

We have to come to grips with that reality, do we not?

If I were a therapist or psychiatrist I'd ask, "But how does that make you feel?"

Well, let's go through the progression of emotions Rams fans are experiencing, shall we?

Stage One: Denial
    Dictionary.com's definition of denial: "An assertion that something said, believed, alleged, etc., is false."

"I can't believe the Rams are 0-4!"

Some fans are in a state of shock and not understanding what happened. Things just don't make any sense.

Didn't the Rams go undefeated in the preseason? The pundits say the preseason doesn't mean anything and the record should be ignored. I agreed with them but many went ahead and drank the Kool-Aid anyway.

It wasn't pretty at times, but they at least moved the ball down the field and put up 10 total touchdowns and six field goals. Those four wins did happen, right? Or was all that just an aberration?

Fans aren't the only ones in denial though. When asked if he's noticed any bad body language from quarterback Sam Bradford, head coach Steve Spagnuolo replied, "Did I see any? I have not."

Just go back to Sunday's game. It's written all over Bradford's face and the way he's gimping to the sideline. He's had more than just the proverbial wind knocked out of him. Even after the game Bradford admits the losses are getting to him: "A little bit. Yeah, I'm not going to lie. It is getting frustrating."

Spags might not be able or want to see it, but the fans do. We see it.
    Stage Two: Anger

"A strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence aroused by a wrong; wrath; ire."
    You would not believe some of the hate tweets Rams players received after the game on Sunday. Fans have the right to express their feelings. I'm not denying that, but you can't cross the line between the player and the plays they make (or not make in these cases).

I can't share the worst of them here, but I was in shock at how low supposed fans went to vent their anger. Too bad some of them don't use proper grammar or spelling (we cleaned it up here so as not to embarrass anyone). That would make their point come across more civilized, right?

For example,

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!"

"That's great you can be so happy after a shameful display on Sunday. You're a good example of why we lose. #ramswhodontcare"

"Hey @Austin_Pettis are you too retarded too call Fair Catch?...
    -10-04-2011, 11:11 PM
  • AvengerRam_old
    Brace yourselves, Rams fans... they're coming.
    by AvengerRam_old
    As most of you know, we eliminated the "smack boards" at ClanRam years ago, as we prefer to keep the discourse at a higher level.

Nonetheless, from time to time, we've had fans of opposing teams come here and try to get a "smack war" going.

Now that the Rams are improving and winning games against division rivals, I suspect the frequency of these visits will increase. Truth is, when your team is 2-14, most people won't bother to make the effort to register on your site just to talk smack. No fun kicking people when they're down.

Now, however... we're becoming a threat. Opposing fans are sensing what we are sensing...the Rams are on the rise. We already have a tough defense, and with the extra first round picks and cap room we'll have in the next two years, we should be able to fill many of the remaining holes.

The smackers will likely take notice, and try to get their licks in now, before the Rams fully develop.

My advice on how to handle smack talkers... just laugh at them. Its a pretty silly endeavor, if you think about it, to go to someone else's house and tell the residents that everything they like is garbage.

If they get out of hand, your friendly neighborhod mods will lower the boom, so you need not engage these yokels. Just point out how absurd they are and move on (or, if you prefer, use the ever-popular "don't feed the trolls" feature, a/k/a ignore them).

Opposing fans who wish to come here to talk football are always welcome.

Those who come with a purpose to disrupt won't last.
    -10-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Working...
X