X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rayzorram
    replied
    Re: WzzzUp Rams Fans

Hey Showerbeers, thanks for the update! I'm hoping that we will be able to see all our wide receivers come out and have a consistent game and not necessarily have great down the field catches but enough short to medium passes to keep the running game effective. Possibly Burton will command more attention to see Gibson's talents. By the way how did you come up with the name showerbeers?

Leave a comment:

• UtterBlitz
    replied

Yes it would take 60 good football minutes to win against the saints. The unfortunate truth is that the rams often play well in the first half and the game is close, and then something happens in the second half and the game gets away from them. I swear we were in some of those games that ended up being shut outs, at least for the first half.

This game will be won or lost in the second half. Apparently sometimes it takes the Saints a while to warm up, or their coaching staff is trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. Hopefully our coaching staff is watching and adjusting also. It is hard for me to tell how good our coaching is right now, but we certainly have not played well in the second half. Good teams, good players, good coaches, are going to find ways of winning in the second half.

I am just hoping for a close game and some scoring by the Rams. I hope Bulger looks good this week. We need him to step up and play well.

Leave a comment:

• CaliGirlRamsFan
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Toicat View Post
    OK Eric...I thought that ya had me on the "Ramfans" wearing bags picture. I sent the photo off to the Jet Propulsion Lab and they have determined that those are not true Ram Fans wearing bags, but rather Seahawk and 49'er fans that somehow managed to break-in the RCA Dome.

Thanks for the photo, it will keep us all (True Ram Fans) on High Alert!

Best,
    OMG to funny girl!

Leave a comment:

• RockinRam
    replied

To win a football game, it takes 4 solid, consistent quarters of good football to win. Even if the Rams jump ahead in the first quarter, even in the first half, there is no guarantee that we can hold on that. Look what happened in the Jacksonville game. Ugh.

Especially now that we are playing against Brees instead of Leftwich, and a scoring-frenzy team like the Saints instead of a mediocre team like the Jags.

What I'm saying is that we have to play better than our best to win.

Leave a comment:

• LakeViewLSU
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    Offensively, we know what Jaxx can do. I think Burton is going to step up big time in this game. Outside of Sharper, that secondary isn't too great. Of course, our defense has to create some turnovers. It's very possible, as Drew Brees has not been looking all that great these past few games. IMO there i sno way the Saints should be undefeated right now. The Phins, Falcons,a nd panthers should have beaten them, espicially the phins and panthers. I think if our offense can jump us out to a lead, we will be able to hold up strong unlike those other teams........
    Why??? Because they got a lead? I dont understand.

We outscored the panthers 30-6 in the final 3 quarters. So we had a bad 1st quarter, ( We overcame 4 turnovers ) does that mean they played a better game?

We outscored the Phins 43-20 in the final 3 quarters. ( We overcame 4 turnovers ) Does this mean Miami should have won?

If the Rams are up 14-10 at the half and the Saints end up winning 48 -17, should the Rams have won the game?
    Last edited by ; -11-13-2009, 08:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• supachump
    replied

Originally posted by saintsbro View Post
    We've outscored opponents in the 4th quarter, some ridiculous thing like 91-18.
    If you were to tell me that the Saints would outscore THE RAMS in the 4th quarter 91-18, I'd believe it.

We are no match this week.

Leave a comment:

• saintsbro
    replied

As a Saints fan, I think you guys may even jump out to an early lead on us, it's possible, but holding onto it...well all these other teams have already tried that, too, and look what happened there. We've outscored opponents in the 4th quarter, some ridiculous thing like 91-18. I'm not even really bragging on it or talking trash here -- I think that stat sounds just as ridiculous and crazy as it probably does to you. But that's what happens. The Saints lost some key close games last year in the 4th, so that is a HUGE focus with this team, this year, especially for the defense. So you really have to go 4 quarters here, and I mean every minute and second of all 4 quarters.

Leave a comment:

• nolafan33
    Guest replied

Offensively, we know what Jaxx can do. I think Burton is going to step up big time in this game. Outside of Sharper, that secondary isn't too great. Of course, our defense has to create some turnovers. It's very possible, as Drew Brees has not been looking all that great these past few games. IMO there i sno way the Saints should be undefeated right now. The Phins, Falcons,a nd panthers should have beaten them, espicially the phins and panthers. I think if our offense can jump us out to a lead, we will be able to hold up strong unlike those other teams........
    That is fairly off Ahmedrams81. Our secondary has been playing some of the best ball in the entire NFL. Here is some useful defensive stats:

Interceptions. #1
    passes defended. #1
    opposing passer rating. #1
    defensive touchdowns scored. #1
    completion percentage by opposing passer. #1
    third down percentage. #1
    turnover differential. #4
    passing yards surrendered per attempt. #4
    red zone defense. #5

Not only that, but Jabari Greer is the #2 rated CB in the NFL this season giving up only 43% completions and a 46.9 QB rating.

Leave a comment:

• Toicat
    replied

OK Eric...I thought that ya had me on the "Ramfans" wearing bags picture. I sent the photo off to the Jet Propulsion Lab and they have determined that those are not true Ram Fans wearing bags, but rather Seahawk and 49'er fans that somehow managed to break-in the RCA Dome.

Thanks for the photo, it will keep us all (True Ram Fans) on High Alert!

Best,

Leave a comment:

• CaliGirlRamsFan
    Guest replied

Very classy posts you saint fans. Welcome.

Leave a comment:

• WhoDat205
    Guest replied

Thanks for the warm welcome, Rams Fans.

I think Sunday you guys are going to have to get something out of the passing game to win. Teams have tried the "run it down their throat" approach to no avail. It works for about 2 series and then the D shuts it down.

On the same note, teams have played scared in the second half of games as well. After one or two 3-and-outs, they have totally abandoned the run game in the second half, extended the game and just opened the door for defensive TDs. That's probably not a great game plan against our quick-stike D.

I think the best chance for the Rams would be getting some rythmn going in the passing game; just short throws to get Bulger's confidence up, and use that to get our LBs on their heels and Harper out of the Box. If you can get a couple of early scores and establish the passing game, the run game can take over and finish.

Best Luck and here's to an injury free Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• thoey
    replied

No matter what, here's to both teams and their fans. Let's have a great game, decided by a last minute FG and the Rams WIN. Or, ok, maybe y'all win, but it is close and no one gets hurt. Hell, I just hope it makes my Sunday Ticket week worth while.

(I still think the Rams can steal this one)

Leave a comment:

• eric2810
    replied

Originally posted by Toicat View Post
    Personally, I am looking forward to playing the Saints. Once upon a time, the Saints were so bad, that some of thier "fans" started wearing bags over their heads...all kinds of disrespectful drawings on the bags too. The point is, they completely dis'd their team. Ram fans know that we have been to the Big Show, and this low point will soon reverse itself. No bags here.
    Not to Rain on your parade or anything, but...

Hehe , nonetheless, Go Rams!!
    Last edited by eric2810; -11-12-2009, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• msblackandgold
    Guest replied

saints fan here i would agree with you if there wasnt 2 halfs of a football game. I feel as if we have the 2 best coaches to gameplan and make changes at half time in the league atm. That being said i just wanted to wish your team the best in coming out of this game injury free and getting back on track after this week

Leave a comment:

• MrOrange
    replied

I actually thought their secondary has been playing really well, especially Jabari Greer

Leave a comment: