Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst O year ever?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Worst O year ever?

    Is this quite possibly going to be the worst Offensive year ever recorded by the Rams? 77 pts at the halfway point. The Defense isn't to blame , they have done actually quite well considering the time they have to spend on the field. this such a far cry from the GSOT. But the average 10 yr drought should be close to an end.......Maybe.

  • #2
    Re: Worst O year ever?

    I wouldn't argue with that statement...... So many three and out's and turnoversw its not even funny

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Worst O year ever?

      Originally posted by theodus69 View Post
      Is this quite possibly going to be the worst Offensive year ever recorded by the Rams? 77 pts at the halfway point.
      I could be wrong, but I believe the current offensive (more way than one) output (9.625 points per game) is 2nd to last in franchise history. Only the 1937 Cleveland Rams scored fewer points per game (6.8) over the course of their 11 game season (75 total points).

      If this team can not average AT LEAST 4 points per game the rest of the way, they will be the franchise's all-time bottom offense.
      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Worst O year ever?

        Originally posted by HUbison View Post
        I could be wrong, but I believe the current offensive (more way than one) output (9.625 points per game) is 2nd to last in franchise history. Only the 1937 Cleveland Rams scored fewer points per game (6.8) over the course of their 11 game season (75 total points).

        If this team can not average AT LEAST 4 points per game the rest of the way, they will be the franchise's all-time bottom offense.
        I guess I meant since the Super Bowl has been in effect.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Worst O year ever?

          Originally posted by theodus69 View Post
          I guess I meant since the Super Bowl has been in effect.
          Make it since World War II if you like. The point is, they are within an eyelash of being the worst in Rams history.
          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Worst O year ever?

            Well that was the question I had, This isn't good!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Worst O year ever?

              Originally posted by theodus69 View Post
              Is this quite possibly going to be the worst Offensive year ever recorded by the Rams? 77 pts at the halfway point. The Defense isn't to blame , they have done actually quite well considering the time they have to spend on the field. this such a far cry from the GSOT. But the average 10 yr drought should be close to an end.......Maybe.
              Passing Offense:

              DóA young and inexperienced receiving corps has contributed to a conservative passing attack. With WR Laurent Robinson lost early in the season, there have been no consistent receivers. Keenan Burton is the team leader with a mere 25 catches, and he's averaged just 10.1 yards a reception. QBs Marc Bulger and Kyle Boller have passer ratings under 70, completion percentages of 57 percent or lower than an average per attempt of less than 5.70. Three of the five receivers currently on the rosteróDanny Amendola, Ruvell Martin and Brandon Gibsonóweren't with the team in training camp. Only Amendola, with 15, has caught a pass. TEs Randy McMichael and Daniel Fells have been inconsistent catching the ball, although Fells has three touchdowns, one on a fake field goal.

              Rushing Offense:

              B-plusóDefenses have stacked the box, but that hasn't stopped RB Steven Jackson from totaling 784 yards and averaging 4.8 yards per carry. Of course, he has the team's only rushing touchdown of the season, the game-winner against Detroit. No backup of top quality has emerged. Kenneth Darby is second on the team with 57 yards on 11 attempts.
              The rams has a lot of work to do no play makers at receivers and God help us nothing behind our only offensive weapon SJ. There be better days ahead
              :ramlogo:

              Comment

              Related Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X