Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some news on Gibson...

Per ESPN's Rumor Central -

"It was with a sigh of disinterest that most people read the news that Brandon Gibson had been acquired by the St. Louis Rams at the trade deadline. At the time, NFC West blogger Mike Sando notes that if Gibson could quickly learn the Rams' offense, the move might have been a home run for the team for both the present and the future.

Gibson has yet to live up to that level of hype, but there was an encouraging sign in practice this week: according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the rookie was lined up with the first team for "a number of reps" on Wednesday.

Gibson's draft scouting report indicates that he's a physical receiver who will provide Marc Bulger with a reliable target over the middle and in the red zone while Donnie Avery runs wild on the outside. More importantly, if all goes to plan, Gibson, Avery and the injured Laurent Robinson could form a nice trio of receiving options to go with Steven Jackson. Now they just need a QB."

Interesting. I'd certainly love to see this guy to play more. Let's see what he can do against that improved Saints D this weekend. Good luck Gibson.
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Re: Some news on Gibson...

confirmed he is now a Ram.

Gibson was traded from Philadelphia to the St. Louis Rams on October 20, 2009 along with a fifth round draft pick in 2010 in exchange for linebacker Will Witherspoon. - wikipedia

is this old news?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

Originally posted by LA Rammer View Post
      confirmed he is now a Ram.

Gibson was traded from Philadelphia to the St. Louis Rams on October 20, 2009 along with a fifth round draft pick in 2010 in exchange for linebacker Will Witherspoon. - wikipedia

is this old news?
      Sorry, it is getting late and I had my sarcasm turned off before bed and I actually thought you were serious. Just for you I turned it back on...

This space for rent...

Comment

Did you even read the post? Lol
        Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

I'm curious to how well he can play, although I won't be expecting much since he was drafted in the 5th or 6th round. But who knows. Maybe he'll turn into the next Marques Colston. Or he might not.

Comment

If Brandon can go over the middle, and hang on to the ball when it counts, he'll be a very welcome addition. It's a great opportunity for him to play his way into the starting lineup. The job's his to lose ..

Comment

I heard we traded a seventh round pick and two kegs of Natty to get him. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by shower beers View Post
                I heard we traded a seventh round pick and two kegs of Natty to get him. Can anyone confirm this?
                Nope ..

Just out of curiosity, how many "showers" would you get out of two kegs of Natty?

Comment

The disconcerting part of this article is there is ZERO mention of Keenan Burton, who is playing magnitudes better than Avery is right now, and most certainly figures into the figure. He is clearly Bulger's go to guy and the only receiver that he has any trust in at this point ...

Comment

Originally posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
                    The disconcerting part of this article is there is ZERO mention of Keenan Burton, who is playing magnitudes better than Avery is right now, and most certainly figures into the figure. He is clearly Bulger's go to guy and the only receiver that he has any trust in at this point ...
                    I agree. I think it's a combo of the 4, they'll bring in a 5th via free agency (Lance Moore?) and with Brooks Foster they'll build a WR corp. Then in 2011 they can acquire whatever piece hasn't developed from that group.

Comment

mmm natty, i can taste that piss right now

Comment

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
                        More importantly, if all goes to plan, Gibson, Avery and the injured Laurent Robinson could form a nice trio of receiving options to go with Steven Jackson. Now they just need a QB."
                        This line of thought scares me. Are we not going to try to improve in the wide receiver position? Even with Burton, this group of receivers doesn't impress me!
                        The Rams... Where dreams go to die.

Comment

Originally posted by supachump View Post
                          This line of thought scares me. Are we not going to try to improve in the wide receiver position? Even with Burton, this group of receivers doesn't impress me!
                          Hate to break your heart, but I doubt the Rams care if their receiving corp "impresses" you ...

Looks like a solid young group of receivers to me ...

Comment

Originally posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
                            Hate to break your heart, but I doubt the Rams care if their receiving corp "impresses" you ...

Looks like a solid young group of receivers to me ...

Gibson hasn't done anything yet.

Avery has not shown much of anything this season.

Robinson was pretty decent, but is injury prone.

Burton makes mistakes, but can make the occassional play.

This group so far doesn't seem to be scaring opposing DC's. So far this season, they haven't done much of anything. Whether it is their lack of experience, talent, or the fact that Shurmur sucks, they have not shown that they are a solid group of receivers. Maybe they will progress into solid receivers, or maybe they will all turn into nothing but 4th and 5th string receivers.

Comment

Robinson was in the top 20 the first few weeks he played in. Huge blow to the team IMO besides Steven Jackson there couldn't have been a worse injury on the team, because our lack of depth and experience at the position and what Robinson offered. Mike Sando posted some stats on his blog a couple weeks back on the importance of Robinson on third down.

Apart Robinson, Avery, Burton, and Gibson aren't that scary, but each of them fulfilling there roles together on the field at the same time wont be easy to account for. The X Factor in this group is Gibson, we haven't really seen what he is able to do yet. If he can step it up down the stretch and continue to improve it would do wonders for this team. He could have a huge impact on the draft IMO. If we have young receivers stepping up why add another?

Comment

Working...
                              X