Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for the Saints- what do you think of Hargrove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Saints- what do you think of Hargrove?

I liked Hargrove when we had him. I never really understood what happened when we cut him. Probably some sort of clash with the coaches. I know he missed some meetings for some personal reasons and then he was gone.

How has he done for you? Is he any good?
    sigpic

Re: Question for the Saints- what do you think of Hargrove?

NFC defensive player of the week last week. Yeah, he's good. Reminds me a bit of La'roi Glover.

Comment

What did he do to get defensive player of the week?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doomer View Post
        NFC defensive player of the week last week. Yeah, he's good. Reminds me a bit of La'roi Glover.
        La'Roi Glover really? Glover IMO behind Warren Sapp best Under tackle of the decade.

Comment

Anthony Hargrove had a two day unexplained absence while with the Rams and subsequently got suspended then traded to Buffalo. He's since been unproductive statistically and has also received at least one other suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He's hardly a guy we should have kept- last week's honor notwithstanding.
          Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -11-14-2009, 05:02 PM. Reason: answer to posted question

Comment

Originally posted by UtterBlitz View Post
            What did he do to get defensive player of the week?
            2 fumble recoveries, scored off of one of them to win the game against the Panthers

Hargrove is NFC defensive player of the week - NFC South Blog - ESPN

Comment

Really impressed with the hospitality and straight talk I have seen our your site and decided to join in. Hargrove is new to the fans here in N.O. but has showed flashes in preseason and came through for his team so far. We think he may be the real deal but sort of to soon to say for sure. If he keeps making plays he may be in for a good payday next year. He says a lot of good things and appears to have been humbled after being kicked out of the league. Like many of us in these hard economic times you realize what you have can easily be taken away and hopefully when you get another chance you hold on.

Comment

So did he cause any of the fumbles, or just pick up the ball and run with them?

Welcome to the clan Frederick, this is a good message board and the owner has cut out all the smack talk, so we are left talking real football. All these losses have left the fan base with a different kind of attitude. More like, let's watch what happens each week and hope it is not a comedy of errors.

It seems we have a few players that have been on both teams, Hargrove, Turley, La'roi Glover.....probably more but those are the ones that I noticed.

I hope Hargrove fits in for you and does well, but not necessarily today.
                Last edited by UtterBlitz; -11-15-2009, 09:38 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 39thebeast View Post
                  La'Roi Glover really? Glover IMO behind Warren Sapp best Under tackle of the decade.
                  Nowhere near as good overall as Glover (his 17-sack season in 2000 was SICK), but Hargrove's explosiveness off the ball reminds me of how disruptive Glover was.

Comment

I like Hargrove and think he has potential. When he has a good game, he's very disruptive.

Here is an article on Hargrove that kind of talks about his off-the-field problems and what the coaching staff for the Saints feel they see in him:

New Orleans Saints' Anthony Hargrove: 'I want to be an inspiration' | New Orleans Saints Central - - NOLA.com

It might not be what you guys want for reading material, after a tough loss like that, but the photo in this article is great - Hargrove has just scored a TD, and Jake Delhomme has his hands on his head, he looks like he has just been taken prisoner in the end zone!

Comment

This is not a tough loss, this a great loss, that went down to the last play of the game. I loved it.

I did not see much of Hargrove this game.
                      sigpic

Comment

I didn't see Hargrove at all during this game.

They didnt' really have any pressure on Bulger at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X