Catch the BALL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch the BALL!

I know the Bulger bashers are going to be out in force, and yes he threw a couple of real goose eggs. But he also DID keep some plays alive by moving around. But once again dropped ball after dropped ball after dropped ball killed us! At least 4 plays that I saw could have led to first downs or points gone because some some WR, RB, or TE couldn't catch a ball that hit them in the hands!

Gibson on the other hand sure started to show some of the potential that the Rams staff had felt he had. At least I can't recall him dropping any passes, and he made some great plays.

Re: Catch the BALL!

Bulger played good today. Some times he frustrated me, but sometimes he kept us alive. I think he did well against one of the best teams in the league.

Gibson has shown potential. It's only one game, but we got eight more games to see what he can do. Avery played well today too.

Comment

Drops in this game were pretty key. They destroyed us all game the big problem was the bad clock mgmt in the end. 2mins left and we couldn't work into the redzone even.

Comment

Goodness, enough about the time management at the end. Whining and moaning about that doesn't make sense for SO many reasons ...

Anyone who thinks TIME MANAGEMENT is the big problem needs to open THE EYES ...

How about the KO return for TD?

Comment

Originally posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
          Goodness, enough about the time management at the end. Whining and moaning about that doesn't make sense for SO many reasons ...

I don't think time management was a big problem and since they are not on that situation much I can see why is wasn't smooth, but it could be better.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

time management at the end of the game was a problem, though. i agree that other things put us in a bad situation there so it's not like it's entirely to blame for the loss, but it was a problem period. bulger made a few bad decisions that proved to be pretty costly, but he played great for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
              I don't think time management was a big problem and since they are not on that situation much I can see why is wasn't smooth, but it could be better.
              PERFECT response and totally in agreement. Of all the things to complain about, time management is not an issue at this point. How many times have we even been in a real pressing situation like this in the past three years ...

Great game, won alot of fan's hearts today I am sure. We could win several games this year ...

Comment

I agree with the catch the ball part. Not the first game I've seen with dropped balls this season. I thought Marc looked really good and energized out there. Actually, I saw him get in such a good rythm I found myself getting pissed because Jackson was getting the ball and wasn't getting anywhere at times. I think if Marc can trust his recievers I can trust Marc.

Comment

The clock management at the end of the game was on Shurmur and the offense. That's not Spagnuolo.

But a huge drop was Amendola, he had the entire field to bust it open, and he dropped it.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsInfiniti
                    Say what you want about Gibson ...
                    by RamsInfiniti
                    He did have one drop that cost us a first down. The other drop were Bradford threw it across his body would have been a difficult grab for any wideout ...

But he got behind Samuel once on a sick double move and drew a penalty ...

He also got behind Asomghua not once, but twice, once for a 31 yard gain, and another for a 41 yard pass interference .,,

Also made a big block on Jackson's TD run ...

So if you are going to flame the guy, don't forget to talk about things he did well ....

And please find me a game where a WR put up 72 yards on Asomghua, EVER ....
                    -09-11-2011, 06:52 PM
                  • 1980RAMS
                    CAN't CLOSE GAMES!!!!!
                    by 1980RAMS
                    Pathetic effort on both sides of the ball. How did we not close this game out. Gibson is GARBGE he should be cut. 2 times in the game he could of got first downs and he blew it

Pat Shumar is not aggressive enough when it matters most.
                    -11-14-2010, 08:05 PM
                  • RamsInfiniti
                    Rams dtastically improved, simply need to make plays ....
                    by RamsInfiniti
                    So much I took from this game. Differently a different Rams team from the past few years. My observations:

1. The days of getting pushed around and beaten up are OVER. Rams won many a battle today on both lines. This defense is HARD HITTING man. Like no Ram's defense last decade.

2. Bradford looks so impressive for a rookie. He's going to make mistakes. None of the three INT's today are really bothersome to me. Looks like he's throwing a little hard for some of the receivers to adjust too. They will have to adjust.

3. Clayton looked very solid. He runs superb routes. Need him to come up with crucial catches though.

4. Chris Long is a MONSTER. He was TRIPLE teamed numerous times during the game. He doesn't show up in the stat line, but he had Derek Anderson thinking about him all day. When is the last time we putting a hurting on the QB like that? Well-timed blitz schemes and solid pressure. Just need to keep it up the whole game. We looked winded at the end.

5. Cliff Ryan is pretty fast for a 324 lb man. Needs to work on ball security.

6. We did a fairly solid job is blitz pickup. The Cards were bringing it from everywhere.

7. 2 dropped INT's, blown TD on a fumble recovery, blocked FG, dropped pass by Clayton that may have been a TD.. We just need to make these plays, and we will.

8. Amazing how solid the secondary looks when we get good pressure. Bartell was simply excellent.

9. Amendola is a real gamer, but I am worried he is going to get killed the way he throws his body around. He needs to come out of the return game and focus on the slot.

10. Need better coaching in critical situations, particularly time management. Why could they not adjust to the damn counter trey runs. LB responsibility here. Seriously, only 4 WR's active? Gibson NEEDS TO PLAY!

11. Ah You and Selvie looked pretty decent coming off the edge.

12. The dome seemed to be rocking. Good to see for sure.

That's all I have for now ....
                    -09-13-2010, 07:36 AM
                  • RamsFan16
                    RamsFan16's thoughts on the game.
                    by RamsFan16
                    Hello ClanRam family! I just wanted to congradulate the Rams on an absolutely great effort today on the Gridiron Battlefield. It's the first time in a long time that I was absolutely proud to be a Rams fan ( I always am proud, but even though we lost, I feel like we won ). We didn't get the win, but we got the next best thing... A chance to take down the best team in the NFC and possibly the NFL and came up a pass short. Anyways, let's get this ball rollin'!

Positives:
                    - Steven Jackson, the guy is an obvious beast, wants to win and just dominates. Fans who always questioned his heart are currently feasting on crow week in, and week out ( Hopefully they don't grab the Swine Flu ). The best thing about this, is that he doesn't want to leave St. Louis, he sees what is going to be in St. Louis and that's great football, great RAMS FOOTBALL. He wants to be here when it happens and retire as a Ram, he wants to be a part of something special.

- The Offensive Line as a whole, they first half they did a great job, and the second half they did well too. They're really starting to gel and that's without Richie Incognito. I'm skeptical about bringing him back into the lineup, is that going to ruin chemistery? I don't know. But they're opening holes for Jackson and starting to protect Bulger really well.

- Mike Karney, the guys having a Pro Bowl season. Unfortunately he isn't the type of Fullback to get Touchdowns, receptions and yards. He's the type to knock you right in the mouth. He's blocking great for Jackson. The seal he had on Steven Jacksons touchdown was brilliant!

- Chris Long, the kids coming a long. A lot of second year NFL Players hit a slump, for whatever reason, I don't know why, but they do. He had another sack today on a great play where he got lower than the lineman, bullrushed and took down Brees. That's two games in a row with sacks. He did good in run support too. I know many will jump to conclusions, but many of the Saints long gains came on the right side of the Offensive Line, not Longs side. They Rams Run Defense was fairly stout on Long's side. He's going to be fine, he's having a good year.

- Brandon Gibson/Donnie Avery. Two young wide receivers, Gibson a rookie and Avery a second year guy battling injury. Gibson had 90 yards receiving today at his NFL Debut, making some damn nice grabs and making guys miss, and running superb routes. If he keeps that up... He's going to be "potentially" dangerous. Avery hauled in two touchdown passes by two beautifully ( yes, beautifully ) thrown passes by Marc Bulger. He's coming a long, I believe he'll finish the season strong.

- OJ Atogwe and James Butler, finally these guys make some plays. Two interceptions between them both and some nice plays and Touchdown saving plays. Great job boys!

- Marc Bulger, he did a damn nice job today. Made some nice plays, even scrambled for a...
                    -11-15-2009, 10:47 PM
                  • thermobee
                    The Difference?
                    by thermobee
                    First of all I wanted to say that we played a heck of a game, that shouldve entertained all of the rams fans. I was watching the whole game on justin.tv and I hated how cocky the Aints fans were, even though they never dominated or really showed they were much better in THIS particular game. Anyway, its easy to see how we couldve won that game. No int in the endzone by Bulger, couldve given us at least a field goal and no return on the kickoff = Win for the rams lol.

Dont get me wrong I think Bulger played a great game and I am not a Bulger basher.

PS How about our new wide receiver?
                    -11-15-2009, 02:23 PM
                  Working...
                  X