Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The coaching is getting better... Much Better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The coaching is getting better... Much Better.

Yea our special teams coaching needs to be better but...

Spags did a wonderful job preping this defensive squad vs. the Saints offense. Yea we did give up some big plays but we made them look inconsistant. OJ atogwe's forced fumble that got us a touchback wouldve given us all the momentum heading into the 4th if it wernt for a Alex Barron False start. We did give up many rushing yards and big plays but we did not give up a huge running TD our safteys fought hard to bring the RB down.

Offensivly WOW! Pat Shurmur is showing improvements over the past 3 weeks (yea 1 was a bye lol) He is using the run game and S-Jax to open up the passing game. He went deep pretty well not too much not too little. However there was 1 huge mistake he made. the drive B4 our last drive he ran it on 4th and 1 with S-Jax. We have a huge C and Cogs is pretty big too. We shouldve just done a QB sneak with Bulger cuz everyone knew Jackson was going to run it. All in All im excited to see what he can do vs. the Cards.

Some question looking forward

With the improvements we saw in this game should our expectations be high vs. the Cards?

Do you think we can score more than 30 points next week?

10 TDs (rush/rec combined) for Jackson is that reasonable?

How impressed were you too see our D play good down the strech?

Re: The coaching is getting better... Much Better.

1. Our expectations should be high against an inconsistent cardinals team. The question is which cardinals will we get, the ones who throw 5 int's and no defense or the one's who have receivers burning all of our db's

2. No, 30 points would be nice but i think we can win with 29 :P

3. Maybe a little unreasonable but i think he will finish with about 7 combined

4. Very impressed they are coming together as a unit and chirs is starting to get sacks this season, all ways improvement to be made but getting better.

Comment

Re: The coaching is getting better... Much Better.

I think our defense is finally in that position to allow the offense to make plays. We weren't the greatest offense, but hey, we improved. I think a win over the Cards isn't far fetched.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sbramfan
        Positives regarding a mixed bag of nuts
        by sbramfan
        Picture if you only saw 1 quarter of this game. Depending on which quarter it was, you would have an entirely different perspective of this team. There were some great moments, and some...well, other moments.

But I think we're all trying to put a finger on this teams identity and it hasn't fully found itself yet. Some are touting the play of the D. Others are looking at the fact that we squeeked by some below average teams.

I think the only thing we know, is that this team has twice now found a way to win a close game. That is something to build on. Also, they are 2-1 and although we would prefer 3-0, I think we would all take this if offered at the beginning of the year. (just might have thought it would have been the Cards stealing one at home.) Either way, 1-1 in the division.

Looks like Barron will begin to take over the RT, and apparently we are more concerned about the offense than the defense right now. Again, I think I would take that if you offered it at the beginning of the year.

Playing well vs. the run is a good thing. I don't see facing a better team "exposing" anything there...just perhaps move a down a few notches in our run defense ranking.

I think this team is now getting into regular season form (which wasn't the case in game 1) and can start to show it's identity.

Let's hope it's a run stuffing, opportunistic defense, with an explosive offense and a special teams that is not below average.
        -09-26-2005, 02:33 PM
      • HUbison
        Game 8 Opponent Analysis: the Desert Birds
        by HUbison
        Well, we made it through (what most considered at the beginning of the season to be) the tough part of the schedule. Now we finally get to open our division schedule against a team who has had some of the same struggles as our beloved Rams. Even down to injured QBs. Here's what I'm seeing:

The O-line vs. Cards 3-4 blitz: We saw the same thing with the Ravens, Cowboys, and Packers. However, there is no Suggs, Ware, or Matthews on the Cards. In a rarity, the Cards feature 2 3-4 DEs that get good penetration in Campbell and Dockett. But less so on a consistent basis from their OLBs. Bad news....it's a 3-4. Good news....it's the most watered down 3-4 we've seen.

Rush D vs. ???? - Wells has put together a decent season so far, but is listed as Questionable. If he doesn't go, the pickings are slim for the birds. Of course, we do have a way of making backups look good (DeMarco Murray anyone?)

Pass D vs. Skelton - When the ball goes in the air, everyone in the world will know the intended target.....Fitzgerald. Fortunately, we have 3 CBs built to take on his physical play: Bartell, Fletcher, and Murphy.........oh, wait a minute.

Pass Rush vs. Cards O-line - They're giving up 3.5 sacks per game, and I doubt Skelton is going to be completely comfortable back there, especially if Wells can't go. Their interior has played okay, but the OTs Brown and Keith have had their struggles. Might Quinn and Long repeat their performance from last week?

Pass O vs. Cards DBs - Three of the top four tacklers on the Cards are CBs. That's not a good sign for a D. Because it means two things: 1) the opposing offenses are getting the ball into the secondary consistently, and 2) the opposing receivers are coming down with a lot of passes. Our all-of-a-sudden reborn passing game could take some huge strides forward, though they will do so w/o DX.

S-Jax vs. Cards Run D - The birds run D has been very solid. AP butchered and the Redskins hit in the mouth pretty good, but they have looked outstanding against some decent ground gaining teams like the Giants, Steelers, and Ravens. The front line does a good job of occupying blockers, and they do a good job of getting their 8th man in the box for run stopping. Jackson might have a hard path to grade this week.

Bottomline: This is a very winnable game, even w/o Bradford. Peterson has done a good job as a rookie Corner, but other than that they've had a hard time covering opposing receivers. Just find a way for S-Jax to crack that Run D, and they can move the ball on the birds. On the flip side, get to Skelton early and often, and force him to make mistakes.
        -11-04-2011, 06:18 PM
      • ramsbruce
        Arizona's Plan vs The Rams Was Simple
        by ramsbruce
        The Cards had a simple plan and executed. All they had to do was shut down the run in the beginning of the game and they knew we would go away from the run and try to pass our way to a win. I know the O-Line was horrible with opening holes, but sometimes you have to stick with the run. The score was close, we were up 17-16 at the end of the third so there was no reason to abandon the run like we did, it's not like we were down 21 points trying to catch up fast. The Cards were banking on us giving up on the run too soon and they made us 1 dimensional and very predictable, and beat our butts.
        -11-20-2005, 10:49 PM
      • shortman1984
        What happened to our great offense
        by shortman1984
        Yes we won and im happy about that but why could we not move the ball.. We started out good i mean real good but just looked bad at times. Our Defense won this game because if the Cards scored TD's everytime the got in the redzone then we would have been hurting. Bulger looked horrid too. I dont know what was wrong with him really. Only good thing i can see from this is that we barely beat the Cards last year and they are suppose to be better this year. But i just hope this Offense does better. Last week they couldnt score in the redzone and this week they could barely get in the redzone. So they need to improve on Offense. Believe it or not. Oh and Warner did do pretty good but what are 300+ yards going to do when you cant score and have multiple turnovers.. i didnt look at all the mistakes Warner made cuz quite frankly, i dont care it is another game to me. I just thought ppl were over with the whole Bulger-Warner discussion...
        -09-19-2005, 08:11 AM
      • laram0
        Defense vs. Offense
        by laram0
        The RAMS defense ranked 23rd overall last season and 28th in the points allowed category. For the season the RAMS scored 367 points while allowing 381 points that's a (-14) point differential. Out of the 12 teams that made the playoffs only the Seahawks (-6) and Giants (-7) had negative point differentials. There are alot of areas of concern on our Defense. DE, DT's, SLB, Safety and even cornerback has been brought up. It will probably take more than 1 year to upgrade all the areas of concern defensively.

So let's think outside the defensive box for a minute or two.

Our offense was ranked 4th passing and 17th rushing with an overall ranking of 6th. Considering the offense got off to a slow start last season and Marc Bulger was sacked 49 times.(Only 3 teams allowed more sacks) Also taking into consideration the COLTS won the Superbowl.

How many areas of concern are there on the offensive side of the ball? Imagine if Marc Bulger was sacked 1/2 of the 49 times from last season.
        Could our offense be potent enough to overcome some of the defensive inefficiencies. I use the word "some" because I feel like the Rams will be able to address some of the issues on defense for 2007 but not all. Again, the offense could take us to the promise land (playoffs) thus allowing the team to plug the holes on defense intelligently without haste. The key question in my mind is how much tweaking needs to be done on the offense to makes us that potent. Should the RAMS focus on the offensive needs this off season 1st and foremost? Understanding that the defense will get the obvious attention it needs, just not all in one off season.

Imagine making the playoffs in 2007 knowing that there are still a few defense holes to fill for 2008. How would we look for 2009,2010 etc..
        A long run of playoff appearances and possibly another SUPERBOWL or 2?
        -02-15-2007, 01:09 PM
      Working...
      X