I realize the RAMS need to fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I realize the RAMS need to fix

ALL their problems, but personally, I'm thrilled with 4 penalties for 20 yards.

Goldberg - 5 for false start. (Pass, as he's always playing a different position).

Barron - 5 for false start. (Maybe we just have to live with his ...whatever)

Ryan - 5 for offsides. (Pass - rare penalty for him)

Dahl - 5 for running into the kicker. (Pass, he's a player - he'll get one one day).

(And no secondary penalties against a pretty good passing attack)

This to me is a sign of a more-disciplined team, (much needed discipline),

And they weren't "stupid" penalties. All in all, a prety good showing.

And OH...this just in. Tey held the best O in the NFL to 7 points in the entire second half.

(F'n KO return!):|
    Last edited by VegasRam; -11-16-2009, 11:51 AM.

Re: I realize the RAMS need to fix

I must have missed all those penalties... Only one I remember was the running into the kicker one and the offsides.. Probably wasn't paying attention... But anyways that is nice, showing more discipline!!

Comment

yes we had a great game the team was motivated and focus for the entire game which is amazing considering we dont experience that too often. while all these pentalites hurt us espically Goldberg when he false started on the opening drive that put us in a third and long after a good looking drive prior to that. but much improvements all around for the rams

Comment

Special teams is always in the the shadows and you think they are good till they let one go for 6!!!!!!!We need help there to.

Comment

I remembered the Barron one because I just wait to hear "no. 70" after false start now, although it's becoming less common.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasRam View Post
            ALL their problems, but personally, I'm thrilled with 4 penalties for 20 yards.

Goldberg - 5 for false start. (Pass, as he's always playing a different position).

Barron - 5 for false start. (Maybe we just have to live with his ...whatever)

Ryan - 5 for offsides. (Pass - rare penalty for him)

Dahl - 5 for running into the kicker. (Pass, he's a player - he'll get one one day).

(And no secondary penalties against a pretty good passing attack)

This to me is a sign of a more-disciplined team, (much needed discipline),

And they weren't "stupid" penalties. All in all, a prety good showing.

And OH...this just in. Tey held the best O in the NFL to 7 points in the entire second half.

(F'n KO return!):|
            Great point VegasRam. Penalties have been a real problem this season.

Dare I mention that if the last pass of the game that Bulger threw was completed we would have still lost because of a holding penalty on number 70?! Yikes!!!
            sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Guam rammer
              Penalties
              by Guam rammer
              For three quarters we killed ourselves with penalties. against that type of team in a road game it its almost impossible to come back with a 21 point deficit. Almost though is a good way to describe todays game. Bradford again brought the team back with some solid play. If we stop them with 2:09 and two T/O left it would've been interesting to see what we could've done. Question is, should we have kicked an onside? its one of those things as a head coach if you trust your defense or not.
              -09-15-2013, 01:28 PM
            • Curly Horns
              Stupid Penalties!!!
              by Curly Horns
              Well, I hope everyone is equally as happy this week with the on the edge chippy play. Looks like if you are going to live by it then you are going to die by it as well. We really killed ourselves in the first half. We were off the field both times they scored. 10 point deficit over stupid on the edge play. And while I'm at it; Who in the heck just pushes the punter down after he has punted the ball? I mean who does that? BONEHEAD!!!

Hopefully we don't develop a bad rap. If we do, and the refs are looking for it, then every marginal call will go against us. Last weeks rant by the national media darling (rg3) didn't help matters.

I don't know if we would have been able to score enough points with the beleaguered O-line, but it sure would have been nice to keep the game close, without the chippy stuff penalties.

:ram:
              -09-23-2012, 02:24 PM
            • Trevor
              Penalties
              by Trevor
              So I was bored and decided to look at the Rams team stats. I noticed that the Rams led the league in penalties committed and the Rams are dead last in 1st downs completed.

I don't recall this statistic being posted here so I thought I'd share. I think the 1st downs being dead last is due to the drive killing penalties the team likes to commit. This should definitel be something the Rams work on during the offseason. I thought we got rid of Alex Barron..
              -04-06-2013, 07:55 AM
            • NJ Ramsfan1
              Game Observations
              by NJ Ramsfan1
              Watched the entire game today. I can't say that I'm particularly upset because I didn't expect much to be quite honest- I thought we were in a tough spot today going to SF and playing a team that A) hammered us the 1st time we played and B) still has work to do to secure a playoff spot. Of my many observations, three things stuck out:

1) The NFL has turned the game into a complete joke in the name of "player safety". I am all for efforts to curb head injuries, eliminate cheap shots, leading with the head, etc. But it is apparent that the league doesn't want hard defense to be a part of the game anymore. You can't hit high, you can't go low, you can't have even light contact with a sliding QB, a defender is expected to adjust in mid-air on hits to an offensive player- just ridiculous. There are too many penalties called, and it sucks watching a game, getting excited after a good play and then see a flag. And it will only get worse.

For the players part, the fundamentals are atrocious- and this is a big reason for over officious refs. The form tackle has all but disappeared from defensive play, players instead trying to blast a guy without wrapping him. Players routinely grab and hold on the line of scrimmage. Rare is the punt return where there isn't a hold or block in the back. Where are all the coaching geniuses in this sport? Does ANYONE emphasize the importance of fundamentally sound ball? How hard is it to not commit a dozen penalties a game?

2) We are in dire need of another cornerback. Our guys hold, give too much cushion and generally play way beneath what is expected in a good defensive secondary. And given the fact we have an above average pass rush and linebacker play, it's all the more inexcusable because their job should be easier.

3)After watching about 800 dropped passes, I really wonder if some of these guys are the answer. We talk about "better offensive talent", but games like this illustrate just how many question marks still exist with this group. Jared Cook remains an enigma- a guy whose physique, quickness and overall talent should translate into monstrous games on a consistent basis, but too often is a dog. He drops balls, commits stupid penalties and doesn't always appear focused. Givens all but disappeared again today and had a huge drop. Pettis was a non-factor. I understand they're working with a back-up QB. But this is the time to elevate your game and help the guy out. Run the right routes and catch the football.

I can't fault the overall effort. And I think it is clear just how important the quarterback is in today's NFL.
              -12-01-2013, 04:44 PM
            • Guam rammer
              slash penalties this year
              by Guam rammer
              Last year our red zone efficiency was killed by numerous penalties and the refs just flat out laid some really big eggs during close games. Majority of the time, we moved the ball with ease but when we got into the redzone BAMM!!! false start, false start, unsportsmanlike conduct, O-pass interferrence, field goal. It was the mistakes that killed us and we couldnt rely on our D to keep teams at bay. This ultimately cost us a couple of wins, especially against the SEAWEEDS ( boy did i hate that kicker J. Brown). And we shouldnt blame the refs for loses.....cuz their a bunch of losers anyway. But we surely can fix the problems we have control of.

Last year i felt we had a winner but at the end of close games, loosing the way we did really sucked and Being mistake proned only makes a teams goals far fetched. We'll be better moving the ball this year but the penalties should be made an item in training camp. All the bugs of the new system should now be fixed, and the players focused on excellence must be job number one!!!
              -08-08-2007, 10:27 AM
            Working...
            X