Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking news!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Breaking news!!!!!

    For all of you Bulger bashers out there, I wouldn't wanna be y'all right now!

    Sam just received a text with the results on Marc's MRI.....he has a freakin' broken tibia! He is to be out 3-6 weeks! He played through that, and all y'all can do is say he sucks. Looks to me he is tougher than a lot of people think. More info as it develops.

    The text message was from the Rams text alerts.
    Last edited by MOM; -11-23-2009, 04:59 PM.
    sigpicThis is for Randy! GO BRM!

  • #2
    Re: Breaking news!!!!!

    Wait a minute- which bone is it/ You said Tibia- which is the larger of the two lower leg bones. If he broke this, he's done for the season. Someone on another thread said "fibia" (which is misspelled; it's actually "fibula") which is the smaller of the two bones. He'd have a shot at coming back by season's end if this one is broken.

    In any event, that's a real shame- I don't wish injury on any of our guys, and it's too bad Bulger won't be able to finish things out, especially with a winnable game Sunday.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Breaking news!!!!!

      A portion of the release I posted in the other thread:

      The results of quarterback Marc Bulger's MRI on his knee came in early Monday evening and Bulger has been diagnosed with a broken tibia

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Breaking news!!!!!

        we will rally around kyle boller and we will play good football.
        LA RAMMER

        It's Jim not Chris
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Breaking news!!!!!

          Originally posted by LA Rammer View Post
          we will rally around kyle boller and we will play good football.
          Doubtful.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Breaking news!!!!!

            Originally posted by Joshua
            Instead, Lets rally around keith Null and see if our future lies in his hands.. no sence in drafting a QB in the first round if we have our qb of the future already.. one less thing we will need and it would allow us to draft somone like terrence cody or dez bryant. of course all of this depends on keith.. but hey, no Pressure....... right?
            Sigh....I was hoping I wouldn't have to go here, but it looks like I will. Do you remember Ryan Leaf? Yeah, THAT Ryan Leaf. He was the one Null worked with to "prepare" him for the NFL while he was in college. Considering his sources, and the fact that he is just plain not ready, I'd say this is not the best idea in the world, if you plan to win a football game before 2012, when the world is rumored to be ending.....LOL
            sigpicThis is for Randy! GO BRM!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Breaking news!!!!!

              Originally posted by MOM View Post
              For all of you Bulger bashers out there, I wouldn't wanna be y'all right now!

              Sam just received a text with the results on Marc's MRI.....he has a freakin' broken tibia! He is to be out 3-6 weeks! He played through that, and all y'all can do is say he sucks. Looks to me he is tougher than a lot of people think. More info as it develops.

              The text message was from the Rams text alerts.
              Being tough is a good thing but it doesn't make a guy a great player.

              Someone please remind me what is that is done to a horse when a leg is broken?
              sigpic :ram::helmet:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Breaking news!!!!!

                Originally posted by laram0 View Post
                Being tough is a good thing but it doesn't make a guy a great player.

                Someone please remind me what is that is done to a horse when a leg is broken?
                He started limping a bit before halftime. Now, with this mind, when you're in pain, it is distracting, no matter whether you are a starting NFL QB or a greeter at Wal-Mart. Now, could you, while distracted, throw a lighning fast ball and thread a needle to a receiver in double coverage? That takes just a smidge of talent.

                To answer your question, you shoot a horse with a broken leg, but I don't think that course of action would be appropriate in this case.
                sigpicThis is for Randy! GO BRM!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Breaking news!!!!!

                  I've got to chme in about the Null thing here, my only question is this, if after an entire training camp, mini camps and 11 weeks into the regular season if this guy hasn't grasp some form of this offense enough to be able to practice with the 1st team and go out in a game and run the offense with some ability then why in the hell did we draft him in the first place? I know he won't be able to run it like Bulger does and I don't expect him to, but he should be able to hand the ball to Jax and throw some simple pass patterns, that appears to be all that Shurmur has in the playbook anyway. I'm not trying to stir the pot here but if Devaney thought enough of him to draft him and the coaching staff kept him then I say give him a shot no matter how ridiculous it may seem. We are 1-9 afterall.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Breaking news!!!!!

                    Apt thread title!

                    I'd also go for Null: we have to see what he can do because, as has already been mentioned, it could mean not requiring a QB in round one next April. This team has so many needs that we must explore all avenues.
                    Last edited by DistantRam; -11-23-2009, 06:09 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Breaking news!!!!!

                      Well, he's out 3-6 weeks.

                      If he's out for the maximum amount of time and Boller can't do anything in 3 weeks, I'd give Null a shot.
                      Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Breaking news!!!!!

                        Originally posted by LA Rammer View Post
                        we will rally around kyle boller and we will play good football.
                        lol nice one, I think I'm the only one who got this so far.

                        As for the Null thing goes, look sometimes you draft a back-up QB. He came from a small school, and had Ryan Leaf as a coach. He didn't set the world on fire against other back-ups in preseason, and as a 3rd stringer himself, he doesn't get alot of reps in practice. This means he has no feel for the speed of a real NFL game whatsoever. Keep in mind to that he barely beat out Brock Berlin, and I'm sure you all remember how he did. Keep him on the bench a couple more years and who knows, we might find out he's the next Tom Brady. Realistically though, he's most likely not. Its gonna be tough but we'll have to bite the bullet and rally around Boller!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Breaking news!!!!!

                          I'd let Boller start against the Seahawks this week. If he still doesn't produce, we put Null in.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Breaking news!!!!!

                            Originally posted by MOM View Post
                            Sigh....I was hoping I wouldn't have to go here, but it looks like I will. Do you remember Ryan Leaf? Yeah, THAT Ryan Leaf. He was the one Null worked with to "prepare" him for the NFL while he was in college. Considering his sources, and the fact that he is just plain not ready, I'd say this is not the best idea in the world, if you plan to win a football game before 2012, when the world is rumored to be ending.....LOL
                            Mom, I don't understand why we need to consider what a joke as a pro QB Leaf was when considering Nulls ability. He's been in a Rams fold since training camp. Leaf hasn't been coaching him has he? Are they hang with each other?

                            I say, give the kid the rock and see what he does. There is no quicker way to learn the speed of the game than to be in the game. IMO.
                            Semper Fi!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Breaking news!!!!!

                              Originally posted by makersncoke View Post
                              I've got to chme in about the Null thing here, my only question is this, if after an entire training camp, mini camps and 11 weeks into the regular season if this guy hasn't grasp some form of this offense enough to be able to practice with the 1st team and go out in a game and run the offense with some ability then why in the hell did we draft him in the first place? I know he won't be able to run it like Bulger does and I don't expect him to, but he should be able to hand the ball to Jax and throw some simple pass patterns, that appears to be all that Shurmur has in the playbook anyway. I'm not trying to stir the pot here but if Devaney thought enough of him to draft him and the coaching staff kept him then I say give him a shot no matter how ridiculous it may seem. We are 1-9 afterall.
                              Because he's better than Brock Berlin. Or at least not Linehan's guy.

                              Null is the "QB Armageddon" back. You put him in when both QBs have been permanently incapacitated because direct snapping to Jackson would be sniffed out by an NFL defensive coordinator really quick.

                              If Null goes in, I'm going to treat that as the cue to switch to hard liquor. Also a Benny Hill CD may go in. Because if "former starting QB at middling NCAA Division II school, trained by Ryan Leaf in a spread offense, playing as a rookie in a West Coast offense" doesn't merit a "Yakety Sax" musical accompaniment, I don't know what does.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • RamWraith
                                No news :-(
                                by RamWraith
                                Well, it is officially the off-season. For the fist time since last year around this time there no new Ram news. I woke up this morning and spent my usual 30 minutes looking and reading about the Rams to find nothing. Sorry folks. :down:
                                -01-30-2006, 06:23 AM
                              • BernieM
                                ***Breaking News!!!*** (joke thread)
                                by BernieM
                                The Rams have hired Scott Linehan to be their Head Coach!
                                -02-25-2006, 02:57 PM
                              • Legion
                                Breaking news!!!
                                by Legion
                                The Rams have one of the best defenses in the NFL "This year"

                                That is all

                                Go Rams!
                                -10-03-2010, 02:39 PM
                              • Nick
                                BREAKING NEWS: Armey staying with the team
                                by Nick
                                ARMEY STAYING WITH RAMS
                                11:04:23 CDT

                                CONFIRMED: I mentioned last week on The Big 550, KTRS that it appeared that Charley Armey would remain with the St. Louis Rams, and that is was unlikely the massive changes expected in the personnel department would come to fruition.

                                This morning, Bernie Miklasz, on 1380, reported his sources had confirmed that Armey would remain with the team in a role that will focus on the draft. Miklasz, during The Bernie Miklasz Show, also indicated that it was unlikely the Rams would bring aboard a pro personnel director.

                                http://www.hadleyonsports.com/getRep...10626&size=595
                                -05-18-2006, 01:28 PM
                              • RamWraith
                                More Crappy news
                                by RamWraith
                                Terrell was late to a meeting Thursday, this per Andy Strickland and Howard Balzer on 1380. This was the reason for his non-start.
                                -09-10-2007, 04:42 PM
                              Working...
                              X