Our receivers for next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our receivers for next year

Does anyone agree that we really dont need to draft a receiver early in next year's nfl draft. Not only that I think we actually are not going to be able to dress all of our quality receivers in the beginning of next year. I think the FO has done a great job picking receivers from under the radar that can have an impact on this team.

PS I would muc rather we draft a change of pace back to spell out SJ.

Re: Our receivers for next year

Are receivers are green but have a ton of potential. Amendola in particular is going to be very good. No we dont need to pick up a wr in the draft. i think our receivers next year will be.
    wr1-robinson
    wr2-brandon gibson
    slot-danny amendola
    wr4-keenan burton
    wr5- donnie avery

Comment

I think your right. We definitely have some POTENTIAL quality guys here. The question everyone is going to have is potential enough to look past drafting someone. If you look at us right now, we are looking at a wr consisting of the following. Avery, Gibson, Amendola, Burton, Robinson, and Foster. The questions then start. What do we really have in Foster since we have yet to see him play in the regular season. Is Robinson going to be able to stay healthy? Can Avery be a true number one receiver?

I definately think we have a quality receiver in Gibson, and Amendola is turning into our Wes Welker, and Burton has shown flashes of being a quality possession receiver. I think if we get a quality quarterback and a big TE to give us a red zone threat, then we could have a good offensive team here.

Comment

We have some gems if they mature and learn the game. We need to solidify who they are getting their passes from (not a Bulger dig). I just hope that whomever the QB is, that the whole receiver corps gets an entire training camp and off-season to develop their rhythm and timing with their QB.

Comment

Like the idea of drafting a "change of pace back", we also need a big target receiver. I wouldn't mind if we took a chance on TO! Rams need Play makers! Our WRs have too many dropped balls! WE CAN'T HAVE THAT!!!

RAMS RECEIVER WISH LIST:

1. OCHO-CINCO
          2. T.O.
          3. AVERY
          4. Miles Austin
          5. Burton

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
          sigpic

Comment

Free Agency, I wouldn't mind a vet, but drafting a guy round 2 maybe 3 doesn't make sense to me. We have Avery a second rounder, Robinson a third, Burton a 4th, Brooks foster a 5th, Gibson a 6th,a at the beginning of the year Stanley who was a 7th, and Amendola an Undrafted FA. We have a receiver drafted in every round, but the first. I don't think Dez Bryant is as good or could be as helpful as a guy like Suh or Jimmmy Claussen. If we want to draft a receiving threat i say look at the TE position.

Comment

And than, after 4-5 weeks into next season, we'll wonder how is possible that we have so weak WR group, again.

Comment

Originally posted by dgr828 View Post
                1. OCHO-CINCO
                2. T.O.
                3. AVERY
                4. Miles Austin
                5. Burton
                None of those moves will happen. And none of the moves should happen. Believe me im a fan of TO and Chad and think they are really funny people. They are not funny however when they are on your team and messing with the chemistry of your team. Miles Austin is the only one on that list i would take and he isnt leaving dallas.

And do you feel a need to capitalize random parts of your post?

Comment

Like the idea of drafting a "change of pace back", we also need a big target receiver. I wouldn't mind if we took a chance on TO! Rams need Play makers! Our WRs have too many dropped balls! WE CAN'T HAVE THAT!!!

RAMS RECEIVER WISH LIST:

1. OCHO-CINCO
                  2. T.O.
                  3. AVERY
                  4. Miles Austin
                  5. Burton

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
                  T.O. leads the NFL in dropped passes with 9.

Comment

I think receivers go to the back of the line as far as draft picks go, this group if healthy and thats a big if will be very good,Robinson and Gibson will be #1 &2 with Avery having to step up a bit to get in that group or he sits at #3 or how ever you want to list them but I think we are set there.

Comment

T.O's has not only been seeing dropped balls, he's been seeing the dropping of his career. He's done.

Also, Ruvell Martin didn't look bad today. I say we keep him as our vet receiver for next year.

Comment

I agree with a lot of you that if we draft a QB, big TE and a quick back we can be set on offense. Everything should be used to address the concerns on defense

Comment

RAMS RECEIVER WISH LIST:

1. OCHO-CINCO
                          2. T.O.
                          3. AVERY
                          4. Miles Austin
                          5. Burton

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
                          yes it would be nice to have a pro-bowl caliber player at every position on the field, but it's not realistic.

Comment

I think we can stick with our guys.

#1 - Robinson
                            #2 - Burton/Gibson
                            #3 - Change of pace slot, Avery and Amendola.

We should get a veteran player though, but make sure they are aware they are not here to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
                              I think we can stick with our guys.

#1 - Robinson
                              #2 - Burton/Gibson
                              #3 - Change of pace slot, Avery and Amendola.

We should get a veteran player though, but make sure they are aware they are not here to start.
                              those 2 guys put alot of speed in the slot,really should be able to do good things with that.

Comment