SPAGS may be in over his head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPAGS may be in over his head

There are millions of excuses for the Rams woes, but the head coach must be held accountable. Even Jim Zorn has the Redskins playing inspired ball!
    Spagnuolo has done nothing to show that this team is responding to him. More often than not his Rams tend to quit on him before the end of ballgames.

Has Spags lost this team already?

Could the Rams have made a better choice for HC?

Spags must be thinking "What have I gotten myself into!"

Should Spags be placed offically on the HOTSEAT?

It might be TIME!
    sigpic

Re: SPAGS may be in over his head

A simple answer, no. As bad as they are the rams are better then they were last year and have been playing inspired ball for most of the year. But as people have said before 1-9 teams just dont seem to ever catch a break.

Comment

This is a team with little talent, is cap strapped, and in limbo with ownership. No one could turn this around in one year, much less a rookie head coach. Give it time. He's still learning as well, and our roster has been in rotation since day one. This season is a wash. Let's see what the off-season has to offer and judge him after next season...

Comment

Well he did not go for it every time he should have, meaning 4th and what ever. For me, I say keep him. He is good coach with the ability to be great.

In my opinion, he needs to loose the 4 pillars and make it 3.

Comment

..... really going go there? :|

Comment

Don't forget, he's also a rookie head coach... just like a rookie player he will have ups and downs. We've seen several ups with him recently, but also several downs to start the season.
            Also just like a rookie player, you can't really evaluate him until after a few years at least. I'm sure he's learning from this year, and I really think he knows what he's doing.

Now if we still look like the same team next year then I would be concerned, but not yet.

Remember, he took over a bad 2-14 team... it's gonna take some time to fix that.

Comment

For the last 3 or 4 years, we've had the same result with a losing season each of those years and 3 different coaches. It's the players, not the coach. See what happened with Dick Vermeil and Tony Banks? He should have gotten fired, but Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk saved his job.

Comment

Yea I can't believe Spags hasn't turned a 2-14 team into a playoff contender in one year!!!

Worst coach in history!!!!

Can we fire this guy now or what?!?!?!

What a chump, clearly doesn't know how to coach a football team, why hasnt he magically turned our team around????

Some people just don't get it........

Comment

ask the Giants how they feel about Spags. I bet you they will take him back.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy3rd View Post
                    ask the Giants how they feel about Spags. I bet you they will take him back.
                    yea as a def coordinator, not a HC, I said this before that this was not a job for a first time head coach,we needed someone who has been there before, your going to rebuild a team with someone who has never had to handle all the stuff that comes up with a very tough situation, would you ask someone to build your new house if all he has ever done is put in some windows ? my point is I think we needed more experience at the head coaching level,how can you teach when your learning yourself ?

Comment

I think most fans have seriously overvalued the Rams' roster in terms of talent. They went 2-14 last year because of a lack of talent more than having Linehan or Haslett as a HC. This year, they probably have LESS talent and their record is a pretty accurate reflection of that.

Spags is learning on the job and I've scratched my head a few times this season at some of his moves, but this roster is sorely lacking and I don't see any HC past or present that would have been able to achieve much more than what the present staff has. Maybe an extra win here or there or maybe not.

Comment

good post and your right Spags is learning as he goes which makes it even harder on the players because they are learning as they go having so many younger guys,so if everyone is learning as they go who knows if they are doing it right or wrong ? someone with experience who has done it before needs to be there to say hey we need to do this or we need to do that, this is just my opinion but I don't see how Spags can be an effective leader if he is still learning how to be one.

Comment

Spags is doing a good enough job when you consider the many things he has had to contend with...he`s had to turn over the team,letting vets go just so we can get under the salary cap limit...with another off-season and hopefully it will be salary capped, so we get $35 million to spend..where as many others will have a lot less..plus the high picks in the draft,many players returning from injuries...we will see more holes in the team filled and atleast challenge for second in the West.

Spags has not lost the team atall..because even tho we have gone from 3rd oldest to 3rd youngest since last season..we still have a team full of players who are mature enough to be able to see the big picture..even if people who are in some cases twice as old as them,cant.

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
                            yea as a def coordinator, not a HC
                            As it is right now, i wouldn't be surprised if the Giants will take him back as a head coach. Players play hard for him. there's something about him that makes the players give 110%.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy3rd View Post
                              As it is right now, i wouldn't be surprised if the Giants will take him back as a head coach. Players play hard for him. there's something about him that makes the players give 110%.
                              I'm not arguing with you because you could be right but there was plenty of Rams that didn't give 110% today.

Comment