Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fearless Forecast For Final Five

Here are some things I see happening between now and the end of the season:

1. The Rams will win again. In fact, I give them a good chance of beating the Bears in Chicago this week.

2. Jason Smith will be held out at least one more game, but he will be playing LT by the final week of the season. I think Barron is likely gone, and the team will want to see Smith at LT in a real game.

3. James Laurinaitis will finish the year with more than 125 tackles. I wonder if that would be a Rams rookie record.

4. Donnie Avery will eclipse his rookie totals in receptions and yards (he already has more TDs).

5. Keith Null will see some action, but not as a stater.

6. Steven Jackson will gain an additional 549 yards this year on the ground, allowing him to pass Lawrence McCutchen and Marshall Faulk on the Rams all-time rushing list. He'll pass Eric Dickerson and become the Rams' leading rusher in the first few games of 2010 (an additional 285 yards will be all he'll need).

7. Marc Bulger will not suit up again this year.

8. Chris Long will register at least 3 more sacks.

Re: Fearless Forecast For Final Five

I also think they will win again but I think the last game against the 49'ers.

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
      I also think they will win again but I think the last game against the 49'ers.
      Sorry jk but can't agree with you on this one. I've been watching the Niners on direct tv from time to time and, unfortunately, it looks to me like they've turned the corner in that organization. This is what I have noticed:

1.) A. Smith is playing very well at QB. He has definitely established himself as the starter and has also developed a lot of chemistry with V. Davis.

2.) Crabtree is the real deal. I kinda panned him going in to last years draft as an over-rated spread system guy. I was wrong.

3.) Singletary has the defense playing a smart, physical game; well kinda like he did when he played.

This is going to be a tough game for the Rams to win even though we'll be at home.:|

WHAT SAY YE?

Comment

All I can say is that after buying tickets for seven, paying for the hotel, and everything else, they need to win against the Texans.

;)
        temp_4394_1467243487543_20
        RAMS!

Comment

[QUOTE=AvengerRam;319327]Here are some things I see happening between now and the end of the season:

3. James Laurinaitis will finish the year with more than 125 tackles. I wonder if that would be a Rams rookie record.

I think you're right, Avenger. The top ten seasonal tacklers in Rams history, according to a recent media guide I have:

1. London Fletcher 2000- 193 tackles
          2. London Fletcher 2001- 189
          3. Jim Collins 1984- 185
          4. Roman Phifer 1996- 170
          5. Roman Phifer 1995- 149
          6. Adam Archuleta 2002- 149
          7. Jack Reynolds 1979- 144
          8. Jim Collins 1985- 140
          9. Deacon Jones 1967- 139
          10. London Fletcher 1999- 138
          *Carl Ekern had 131 and 130 tackles in 1981 & 1983 respectively.

None of the above were in their rookie seasons when they registered these numbers, making Laurinaitis a good bet to set the record for tackles by a rookie.

On another note, I'm sure glad we got rid of London Fletcher- just a completely unproductive player....

Comment

Originally posted by RAMarkable View Post
            Sorry jk but can't agree with you on this one. I've been watching the Niners on direct tv from time to time and, unfortunately, it looks to me like they've turned the corner in that organization. This is what I have noticed:

1.) A. Smith is playing very well at QB. He has definitely established himself as the starter and has also developed a lot of chemistry with V. Davis.

2.) Crabtree is the real deal. I kinda panned him going in to last years draft as an over-rated spread system guy. I was wrong.

3.) Singletary has the defense playing a smart, physical game; well kinda like he did when he played.

This is going to be a tough game for the Rams to win even though we'll be at home.:|

WHAT SAY YE?
            I didn't realize they were that much better,we have quite a losing streak with them, we haven't beat them or the Seahawks in a long time,Singletary is going to be a good coach,no nonsense type of guy.we shall see, I most likely will be wrong .

Comment

[QUOTE=NJ Ramsfan1;319336]
              Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
              Here are some things I see happening between now and the end of the season:

I think you're right, Avenger. The top ten seasonal tacklers in Rams history, according to a recent media guide I have:

1. London Fletcher 2000- 193 tackles
              2. London Fletcher 2001- 189
              3. Jim Collins 1984- 185
              4. Roman Phifer 1996- 170
              5. Roman Phifer 1995- 149
              6. Adam Archuleta 2002- 149
              7. Jack Reynolds 1979- 144
              8. Jim Collins 1985- 140
              9. Deacon Jones 1967- 139
              10. London Fletcher 1999- 138
              *Carl Ekern had 131 and 130 tackles in 1981 & 1983 respectively.

None of the above were in their rookie seasons when they registered these numbers, making Laurinaitis a good bet to set the record for tackles by a rookie.

On another note, I'm sure glad we got rid of London Fletcher- just a completely unproductive player....
              We didn't let London go as much as we couldn't afford him. His agent was asking a WHOLE LOT MORE than his productivity and leadership warranted. Would the RAMS have better off if we had resigned him? It depends on who we wouldn't have been able to sign due to Dot Com's salary hit.

gap

Comment

I just dont see us winning another game. Reason, we dont have the talent
                to compete. The other teams are just better in that department. :|

Comment

I would like to see some new OLBs. Spags has already switched it up with the DTs I thought Scott played well in his first NFL start I want to see him build on that. Vobora and Lennon have been less than spectacular we should switch it up there. Grant has already been rotating in I think he should be the starter on the strong side. Is there really a talent drop off when you look at vobora to Grant I really dont think there is one at all. Lennon isn't even young no upside in playing him IMO. Hasn't really done anything outside of that forced fumble. I say put Chamberlin in he has been an outstanding special teams player this year, he can't be worse and neither can the tallent drop off.

Comment

I can see Laurinaitis doing that.

I can see Bulger sitting out the year.

I can't see us beating the Bears.

I do see Avery getting better numbers.

I hope to see Null in action WHILE Jason Smith is left tackle. It'll give us a clue if the kid is sort of ready or not.

Comment

On the subject of the bears, I view the game as more than possible to win but less then likely. Cutler is in a slump, no chemistry with his wideouts and very little protection from his line. Still i dont see us getting a bunch of sacks, but i would expect two int's. Their defense is banged up, if jackson is healthy then we pound him through the second half and we have a sure shot of winning.

Comment

I can see us beating the Bears more than the 49er's.

What we need to do is:

Get Kyle Boller in some sort of rhythmn with our receivers and tight ends. That has to be necessary since his accuracy is so bad he....nevermind.

Stop the run. Matt Forte isn't very good this year, but look at what happened with Justin "no name" Forsett.

Get our original o-line back in there. Truthfully, I'm sure Jason Smith will still be out, but I'd take a line with Brown and Incognito back in it than Setterstrom and Greco.

Put some kind of pressure on Jay Cutler. We do that, it'll be interception heaven for our secondary. Also, look for Chris Long to have a potentially good day since Orlando Pace will be most likely out. (From what I've heard.) Also, Olin Kreutz is not doing very good this year, so look for Cliff Ryan to stack some things up.

Get Steven Jackson the ball. Samkon "slip happy" Gado and Kenneth Darby are not the answers.

Comment

I'd really love to see us beat da Bears. Defense better be prepared to slow down that run though. You know they are taking the ball out of Cutler's hands and putting it back into Forte's.

Comment

My gut tells me Forte breaks out of his slump and we lose another close one at Chicago.:o
                            sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

I don't think we win another game but that doesn't bother me too much

Comment

Working...
                              X