Steven Jackson - An Unhappy Ram / ESPN First Take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Jackson - An Unhappy Ram / ESPN First Take

Reports from ESPN First Take, the morning sports variety show on ESPN2, Steven Jackson was very disgruntled after the Rams were waxed by the Titans in Tennessee last Sunday.

Tennessee held the Rams' top offensive threat to a season-low 47 yards on 19 carries. Jackson was visibly upset after the game.

After Sunday's game, SJ refused to meet with reporters.
    "Instead of standing here embarrassing myself, and my family, I'm just going to say I'm tired. I'm just tired. I'm tired. You fill in the blanks. However you want to write the article, however you want to say it, I'm just tired," Jackson said before walking away from his locker.

Can one blame Steven Jackson for his frustrations?
    He is the only one pulling his weight for the Rams....and all for not.
    There is no support around him, no one else has stepped up.
    Bulger has failed him, Cogs has failed him, the Rams have failed him.
    Steven Jackson is just tired of it all........Tired of all the BS!
    Last edited by dgr828; -12-16-2009, 10:39 AM.
    sigpic

Re: Steven Jackson - An Unhappy Ram / ESPN First Take

Wow, this is shocking news!
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
      Wow, this is shocking news!
      Shocking that he's tired of losing? I don't know, Varg; seems to be expected.
      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

When they insist on doing interviews on players immediately following a game, and the player they just interviewed just got his butt handed to him, again. What does anyone expect? He's a wasted talent on a bad, bad team. It's frustrating when you know you only have so many good years, and you've come to realize it'll be wasted on a bad team. He was speaking from frustration and I'm pretty sure everyone recognizes that and understands it. I had no problem with what he said, because he's right. We're all tired. Tired of watching bad football.

Comment

Call me when Steven Jackson says he feels fine about 47-7 loss. THAT would be a news story.

Comment

Can't blame him one bit for being as frustrated as he his. I'm just glad that even though we are not going to the playoffs, even though some others players are not pulling their wait, and even though several games look over before halftime, Jackson continues to play 100% on every down. He's earned a TON of respect from me this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
              Shocking that he's tired of losing? I don't know, Varg; seems to be expected.
              Hub, I was being sarcastic. ;)

Comment

He got his 1000yd season, he needs to rest his back so it doesnt get more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
                  Hub, I was being sarcastic. ;)
                  My bad, Varg. I should have heard the sarcasm in your voice.
                  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Ive developed a high high respect for Steven Jackson this year and the last couple... Remember when he was holding out for a contract a few years back or hurt and everyone said it was for the money, he's soft or doesn't know how to play injured, he's greedy etc... But I can tell you this he is a great back that gives his all for every moment in the games he is in...I feel bad for him being on our team being a life long Ram fan... we need to get our **** together for him the next 2 years..!

Comment

It's the same in any work situation. If you're working really hard for your company while everyone around you is laying an egg, you'd be tired too.

As Av mentioned already, report on Jackson when he's happy with a 47-7 loss.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
                        My bad, Varg. I should have heard the sarcasm in your voice.
                        No problem brotha!

Yeah, internet sarcasm just doesn't work

Comment

[QUOTE=shower beers;322168]It's the same in any work situation. If you're working really hard for your company while everyone around you is laying an egg, you'd be tired too.
                          QUOTE]

Been there done that very good example

Comment

BTW SJ39's response on 12.14.09: Steven Jackson | The Rush | Official Website of Steven Jackson www.sj39.com

Comment

Steven Jackson was very disgruntled after the Rams were waxed by the Titans in Tennessee last Sunday.
                              Every single Rams player with an ounce of self-respect should be disgruntled after this game, let alone the whole seaon.
                              Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment