Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rams coaches MUST do the right thing and start Null again this week ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams coaches MUST do the right thing and start Null again this week ....

It's not necessarily about W's and L's right now. Is it possible that Boller gives the Rams a slightly better chance to win games than Null? Sure.

Fact of the matter is, Null is green. Very, very green. But there is tons to like about this guy. On all accounts, his teammates are impressed with his poise in the huddle. The coaches are impressed with his toughness, physically and mentally. They believe that he can get through the adversity of his rough first start.

If that is truly the case, they MUST start him this week. They have to give Null the opportunity to overcome adversity. They will learn alot by throwing him into the fire again, and seeing what he can do after having a week to adjust to the speed and psychology of the pro game. This time he will do it in friendly comfines in front of a quiet home crowd.

This coaching staff would be making a grave mistake by starting Boller this week, regardless of whether or not he is healthy. They have to take another shot on Null. If he fails miserably, then maybe you sit him the next week, and let him recover mentally before throwing him into the fire again.

Here's to hoping they do the right thing. I have faith that they will.

Re: Rams coaches MUST do the right thing and start Null again this week ....

To me he is doing the same thing Mark Golden Boy Sanchez has been doing all year. Being a rookie making bad rookie decisions. It is expected. Don't really have anything to loose and we really dont have alot in a banged up Boller either.

Comment

Id like to see him again, hes fearless and throws that way. I would like him to read plays better but xp will bring that and he wont get it on the bench. Boller is a backup and nothing more, Null might be something but we wont know for sure unless we try him, and also rest SJ this week 1) he needs it 2) Null wont feel pressured to insure any 1 guy gets the ball he'll be more inclined to just hit the open man, lol if there is one

Comment

Just stinks that we can't get a true evaluation with our OLine torn to pieces.

Comment

Yes Null FTW!!! I'd love to see him again and see how he reacts from that first showing... Great post Infiniti

Comment

If Boller is healthy and the coaches think the team has a better chance of winning with him than with Null, start Boller.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
              If Boller is healthy and the coaches think the team has a better chance of winning with him than with Null, start Boller.
              This is exactly what coaches should not do. If this is the transition year as everyone says, what better way to transition then to play somebody with much more upside then Boller has?

Comment

Who cares if Boller is healthy? Start the rookie and let him learn something. If you can ruin his confidence or his mindset by playing him for a few games on a lousy team he doesn't belong in the NFL as a starter anyway.

Maybe as far as skill or knowledge, he's not ready. But so what? That's why you play...to learn and improve...the season has been over for months anyway.

The argument that you can ruin a QB's confidence and spyche is bull. Out of 300,000,000 people in the US, only 32 are good enough to be starting QB's in the NFL any given week. These athletes have to have a certain amount of confidence or, yes, arrogance to a certain degree, to be where they are. If you can ruin a QB's head with a 4 game losing streak on a bad team, then that guy was never meant to be a starting NFL QB anyway. Let him play, it's obvious he wants to and is having fun. Not to mention that the team seems to be impressed by his attitude. Boller can sit whether he's healthy or not, he's already had a chance to show what he's got.
                Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
                  Please elaborate as to why you feel this way ...

I believed this was best for the team three or four games ago, but I no longer feel that way. I don't see any benefit in playing Boller, because he has no upside and no potential future here ...

Comment

Boller will not be back next year. Let's see if Null can grasp the offense and move the ball this week at home, next week too for that matter.

We need to start the folks we want to evaluated and help set the roster for next year.

Play to win..... YA !!!

Maineram -

Comment

Originally posted by maineram View Post
                      Boller will not be back next year. Let's see if Null can grasp the offense and move the ball this week at home, next week too for that matter.

We need to start the folks we want to evaluated and help set the roster for next year.

Play to win..... YA !!!

Maineram -
                      While I agree with the first part of your post, I must disagree with the last statement...at this point play to lose! We need the #1 pick so we can draft Suh.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

I believed this was best for the team three or four games ago, but I no longer feel that way. I don't see any benefit in playing Boller, because he has no upside and no potential future here ...
                        Because there are 53 players on the roster, all of whom have worked hard in training camp and practice, and all of whom (presumably) want to be rewarded by having an opportunity to win games.

Also, let's not forget that we're talking about a 6th round draft choice taken from a minor college program. If the Rams had taken a QB in the first 2 rounds and viewed that guy as their "heir apparent," there might be some justification for putting a guy like that out there with the hope that he actually might be the best QB on the roster.

Null - notwithstanding his poise in the face of a 40 point loss resulting, in part, from his multiple interceptions - is not a guy who was brought in as a Blue Chip prospect.

Could he be the next Kurt Warner, Tom Brady or even Tony Romo? Well, anything's possible. But, right now, there are a lot of young players who need to learn to win. I'm not willing to put the needs of one guy - particularly Keith Null - above all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

I'd like to know as well. Agree 100% with Infiniti.

(Disclaimer) I'm not a coach, and neither are you AV (and didn't claim to be), but are you really saying Boller gives us a better chance of winning? I know you said (puts lawyer hat on) "...if the Coaches feel..."

Fine. What do YOU think?

And...more importantly, Boller doesn't run "nekkid" bootlegs. That's enough reason right there.;)

Comment

Look guys lets be honest, we are going to lose either way, so roll the dice and see what Null has in the tank so we can decided whether we cut him & draft a QB this year or next year.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasRam View Post
                              I'd like to know as well. Agree 100% with Infiniti.
                              See my previous post.

(Disclaimer) I'm not a coach, and neither are you AV (and didn't claim to be), but are you really saying Boller gives us a better chance of winning? I know you said (puts lawyer hat on) "...if the Coaches feel..."
                              Well, that is the key. Spagnuolo has indicated that Boller would start if healthy. That tells me that he views Boller as the player more likely to lead the team to victory.

Fine. What do YOU think?
                              I have not seen anything that would cause me to believe that Null has the ability to be an effective NFL starting QB. When I say that, the does not mean he never could. I just haven't seen it.

Comment