• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson, 3 Other Rams Miss Practice With (Flu-like) Illness

12.18.2009 1:06 pm
    Jackson, 3 other Rams miss practice with illness
    By Jim Thomas
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Running back Steven Jackson, wide receiver Brandon Gibson, defensive tackle Darell Scott and quarterback Kyle Boller, all missed practice Friday because of flu-like symptoms. But St. Louis Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said he wasn’t sure if those players had come down with swine flu.

Defensive end Leonard Little had an infection in his knee that needed to be treated, and also missed Friday’s workout at Rams Park.

Re: Jackson, 3 Other Rams Miss Practice With (Flu-like) Illness

God can this dreadful season end. The Rams need to start anew.
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
      God can this dreadful season end. The Rams need to start anew.
      That's what I thought last year. And then... it only got worse.

Just when you think it can only get better..... :o
      The Rams... Where dreams go to die.

Comment

i think as soon as the extent of the cap hell the previous regime left us in became common knowledge..it was pretty clear that this season was gonna be a season to soon..if two things go right for us this off-season...

1. we draft 1st overall and select Suh
        2. there is a salary cap in place and we get to be the third best placed team in that category.

both would go a long way to getting us off the bottom.

when you consider what lil nuggets here and there have been brought in by Billy D with such little salary cap space to play with..im pretty damn excited to see what he can do with $35 mill..should get atleast 4 or 5 good players for that..and then theres the draft to come.

Comment

bring it on ill fortune..bring it on!

Comment

Geez....

We just can't get lucky at all!

Comment

On the bright side, maybe the flu will give Jackson a chance to let his herniated disc heal a bit!

Comment

Oh god, I was hoping Jackson could avoid it, but no. We get the worst of luck.

Comment

I am not surprised that this is happening. It just takes one of them to bring it into the team and they are exposed to plenty of germs with all the traveling that they do.

Other teams must have the same problems.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UtterBlitz View Post
                    I am not surprised that this is happening. It just takes one of them to bring it into the team and they are exposed to plenty of germs with all the traveling that they do.

Other teams must have the same problems.
                    Or one of em to be sleeping around with some sqeezes...;)

Comment

Hopefully its not the swine flu. If jaxx goes down we will have no source of offense what so ever. Our O is bad enough already even with Jaxx...... God have mercy

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
                        Back Spasms Keep Jackson Out Of Practice
                        by r8rh8rmike
                        11.25.2009 2:18 pm
                        Back spasms keep Jackson out of practice
                        By Bill Coats
                        St. Louis Post-Dispatch

St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson, the No. 2 rusher in the NFL, sat out practice Wednesday because he was suffering spasms in his lower back. Coach Steve Spagnuolo said Jackson would be evaluated daily.

“It’s day to day,” Jackson said. “Anyone that’s had any back problems knows that it’s just one of those things where you’ve got to wait it out. There’s really nothing you can do. I’ve spent countless hours (at Rams Park) since Sunday, trying to get it back together. Hopefully it’ll release a little bit and allow me to practice.”

Jackson, who had a similar problem a couple of years ago, said he’s “expecting to play Sunday” when the Seahawks visit the Edward Jones Dome.

Also skipping practice were fullback Mike Karney (neck), tackle Jason Smith (concussion), punter Donnie Jones (illness) and, of course, quarterback Marc Bulger (leg), who will be sidelined three to six weeks. Guard Richie Incognito (foot), who has missed three games, did some individual work.
                        -11-25-2009, 11:49 PM
                      • eldfan
                        Jackson misses another practice
                        by eldfan
                        Jackson misses another practice

Story Discussion BY JIM THOMAS | Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:00 am |

Rams running back Steven Jackson missed practice again Wednesday and his status is uncertain for Sunday.

St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson, who injured a groin muscle Sunday vs. Washington, sat out of practice Thursday for a second consecutive day.

Jackson's status for Sunday's game vs. Seattle remains uncertain and Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo has said Jackson is "day to day."

If Jackson were unable to play, backup RB Kenneth Darby likely would get the bulk of the work Sunday.

With no guarantee that either Jackson or RB Keith Toston (shoulder) will be able to play Sunday, the Rams on Tuesday signed running back Chauncey Washington off the New York Jets' practice squad.

Washington, 5-11, 215 pounds, was a seventh-round draft pick by Jacksonville in 2008. He has played in only eight NFL games -- six for Jacksonville in 2008 and two for Dallas last season. He has only four carries for 9 yards, plus one reception in his NFL career.
                        -09-30-2010, 01:56 PM
                      • r8rh8rmike
                        Jackson Sits Out Practice
                        by r8rh8rmike
                        Jackson sits out practice

By BILL COATS | Posted: Wednesday, September

Running back Steven Jackson is on the sideline as the St. Louis Rams practice for the first time since Sunday's season-opening loss to the Cardinals.

Jackson had some inflammation in his knee after the game. An MRI exam showed no damage.

Also out today are wide Laurent Robinson (ankle), cornerbacks Justin King (hamstring) and Kevin Dockey (hamstring), linebacker Chris Chamberlain (toe) and tight end Michael Hoomanawanui (ankle).

Robinson also had an MRI, which came back clean. Chamberlain and Hoomanawanui are expected to be sidelined for several weeks.
                        -09-15-2010, 11:57 AM
                      • Nick
                        Steven Jackson ready after offseason adventures
                        by Nick
                        Steven Jackson ready after offseason adventures
                        BY BILL COATS | Posted: Sunday, August 1, 2010 12:20 am

When you're face to face with an 18-foot great white shark, suddenly the prospect of NFL defenders slamming into you at full speed doesn't seem quite so daunting.

Not to play down the hard knocks that running back Steven Jackson takes while toting the ball for the Rams. But he saw a different kind of violence during a shark-cage dive last month off the coast of Capetown, South Africa.

"It was pretty amazing, to see great whites up close and personal," Jackson said. "I actually witnessed one hunting and devouring a seal. That was pretty nerve-wracking. ... It makes you forget about the cold, icy water, I'll tell you that."

Jackson said only one thought went through his mind when the 18-footer appeared. "I was hoping that he didn't ram the cage," he said. "But I think the scariest thing is not seeing the shark; it's when he disappears into the murky water.

"It didn't help that I was watching 'Shark Week' the whole week going into it."

Jackson's trip also included a safari in Botswana, side trips to Namibia and Zambia, plus three World Cup soccer games. He brought home three vuvuzelas, the plastic horns that fans tooted throughout the contests, creating a ubiquitous buzz.

Jackson said he never mastered them. "Those things are hard to blow," he said.

Vacation time is over now, though. Jackson and his 79 teammates were put through their paces for 1 hour, 45 minutes Saturday afternoon in the first full-squad practice of training camp.

Jackson, who had surgery in April to repair a herniated disc in his back, was nearly a full participant. On the first snap of 11-on-11 "team" drills, he took a handoff from quarterback A.J. Feeley and burst around left end for a nice gain.

"We don't want to jump out there too quick and have him set back," coach Steve Spagnuolo said. "But I was encouraged."

Jackson was injured Nov. 22 against Arizona. He was held out of practice for the rest of the season, but he still managed to play in five of the last six games for the 1-15 Rams.

"The last five, six weeks of the season was pretty painful," Jackson acknowledged. "But being able to fight through that pain and still be somewhat productive, I think I proved a lot to myself."

Jackson finished with 1,416 rushing yards, the second-highest total of his six NFL seasons. He also caught 51 passes for 322 yards and was named to his second Pro Bowl.

Because he missed all the spring drills while rehabbing, Jackson hadn't stepped onto a football field since the season finale vs. San Francisco on Jan. 3. He weathered Saturday's practice without problems.

-08-01-2010, 09:03 AM
                      • r8rh8rmike
                        Jackson Sits Out Practice
                        by r8rh8rmike
                        Jackson sits out practice

BY BILL COATS
                        Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:40 pm

St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson sat out practice today.

Jackson had surgery Monday to repair a broken ring finger on his left hand. Jackson was injured Sunday at Tampa Bay.

Also on the sideline today were CB Justin King (hamstring), S James Butler (knee), DT Fred Robbins (toe), DT Darell Scott (ankle) and S Darian Stewart (hamstring).
                        -10-27-2010, 02:14 PM
                      Working...
                      X