Tampa Bay Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa Bay Victory

With the Tampa victory over Seattle Rams are now the top candidate for the number one overall draft pick. Is it becoming more of a reality that we will pick first and draft Suh?

Re: Tampa Bay Victory

yea, we can shell out another $50+ million to a rookie.

Comment

you make a good point, and im not going to argue that a ton of money to shell out, but would it be worth it to make adjustments to the salary cap for an immediate impact player?

unless you werent being sarcastic then i agree entirely
      Last edited by Nick; -12-21-2009, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
        yea, we can shell out another $50+ million to a rookie.
        Rather than $48 million for the second pick? Does it really matter at this point?

(whoah, bombardment of J Lau pics in this thread)

Comment

Originally posted by shower beers View Post
          Rather than $48 million for the second pick? Does it really matter at this point?

(whoah, bombardment of J Lau pics in this thread)
          it's alot of money either way picking so high every year.

Originally posted by andylopez105
          unless you werent being sarcastic then i agree entirely
          I was serious.
          Last edited by Nick; -12-21-2009, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Why doesn't the NFL smarten up and implement a Rookie salary cap already. Getting the number 1 pick should never be a problem for teams....

Comment

I'm excited. We got the cap, so I'm not worried too much.

Comment

As i see it, we are laying out huge money whether we pick first, second or third and there appears to be a significant drop off in the quality of the player after suh. Therefore, i would strongly prefer to have the first pick. i am a lot more concerned with the quality of the player than i am the cost at this point, especially in what is likely to be an uncapped year. Picking first also gives us higher picks in the subsequent rounds.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
                  I'm excited. We got the cap, so I'm not worried too much.
                  I can't get excited about picking 1st in the draft mainly because of the reason the team picks 1st, I did get excited back in 2000 when the Rams picked last in the first round.

Comment

It was a double good day outside of our game, Tampa won and Seattle lost

Comment

I understand the whole money thing, but come on Suh is worlds above worlds better than any other player in this draft, we are gonna have to shell out big bucks, be it first, second, or third pick, might as well get the best player.

Also keep in mind Suh is a DT, not a QB. He should not demand more money than Stafford, his contract will probably be about the same or less than Jason Smith.

Comment

Triple good. the whiners also lost.

gap

Comment

weve picked 2nd the last two years..and although im happy with who we picked there in Long & Smith...in an average draft class neither of them probably would have been taken before the 5th pick at best.
                          now it appears we could have the hands down best prospect of this years class and arguably the best defensive prospect since Julius Peppers...in a bad season for long suffering fans like us..there is a silver lining.

Comment

Jkramsfan, you echoed, correctly, what I been saying this season...1st round picks are great--till you have to pay for them.

And after you get your 1st rounder, write a check, what is left in your war chest for other acquistions to fill other needs?

There is a thought, that after a bunch of top picks on your team, you get a winning season, but in the long run with sooooo much money locked in on those few players, you can't maintain winning seasons--hense your right back in the basement where you first started

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel View Post
                              As i see it, we are laying out huge money whether we pick first, second or third and there appears to be a significant drop off in the quality of the player after suh. Therefore, i would strongly prefer to have the first pick. i am a lot more concerned with the quality of the player than i am the cost at this point, especially in what is likely to be an uncapped year. Picking first also gives us higher picks in the subsequent rounds.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                              Exactly.

Potentially gives us a Colt McCoy/Tony Pike selection.
                              Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Working...
                              X