Josh Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Brown

He's putting together a relatively quiet year it seems, but when you exclude @Seattle WK1 he's been very good.

Just thought I'd post some interesting stats about him:

After starting the year 0-2, Josh Brown has made 17/21 (81%) of all field goals and 17 of his last 19 (89%) attempts and made 16/16 PAT as well as making everything under 30 yards. He's made everything under 40 since that horrific season opener at Seattle, not to mention he threw for a touchdown against Detroit (which I don't believe was overlooked). His longest boot is 55 yards.

In his career he has made 81.2% of all field goals. In 2008 he kicked 86.1%.

I believe that inability of the Rams offense have caused a pretty good season for Josh Brown to be forgotten because he gets less attempts because we have no quarterback that can really play well on the roster right now.

Re: Josh Brown

Kinda sad when this may be one of the best performers on our team. Especially with that touchdown throw! haha

He's been one of the best free agent acquisitions in our team's history.

Comment

Brown is a solid kicker but I think the contract we gave him was a bad move. A 5 year deal for a kicker?!! If he loses his mojo like Folk, we're on the hook for a pretty penny.

And for the richest ever kicker contract ever, I want something more than a #23 ranking in FG %. In case you think that's an off year, he was #18 last year.

$2 mill plus an $800,000 pro-rated bonus chunk out of the cap for 2010.....I think Georgia/Limpehan/Shawgmunt were channeling Crazy Al & his Seabass debacle of a few years ago with that one.

I think the Ram Brain(dead)trust were reacting emotionally to his clutch kicks vs The Rams . The Hags got the last laugh,though, since Mare was cheaper & has performed better at #6 in FG % this year & #12 last year.

Comment

I miss Jeff Wilkins...

Comment

Originally posted by Azul e Oro View Post
          Brown is a solid kicker but I think the contract we gave him was a bad move. A 5 year deal for a kicker?!! If he loses his mojo like Folk, we're on the hook for a pretty penny.

And for the richest ever kicker contract ever, I want something more than a #23 ranking in FG %. In case you think that's an off year, he was #18 last year.

$2 mill plus an $800,000 pro-rated bonus chunk out of the cap for 2010.....I think Georgia/Limpehan/Shawgmunt were channeling Crazy Al & his Seabass debacle of a few years ago with that one.

I think the Ram Brain(dead)trust were reacting emotionally to his clutch kicks vs The Rams . The Hags got the last laugh,though, since Mare was cheaper & has performed better at #6 in FG % this year & #12 last year.
          his ability to kick 50+ yarders is one of his main draws, but i agree, he's making too much money. if there's no cap next year the staff might considering cutting him loose, although i don't know how exciting his replacement would be.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
            Brown expects some boos
            by RamWraith
            By Jim Thomas
            ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
            Friday, Sep. 19 2008
            Josh Brown had his own radio show and television show in Seattle. He was active
            in the community, involved in charity work.

He had some kind of relationship with country music star (and fellow Oklahoman)
            Carrie Underwood. And he was recognized all over the Emerald City when he
            wasn't being confused with teammate Matt Hasselbeck.

In short, there probably wasn't a more popular place-kicker in the National
            Football League than Brown in Seattle when he kicked for the Seahawks.

But then it happened. On the first day of free agency, Brown flew into St.
            Louis and signed the richest contract for a kicker in league history: five
            years, $14.2 million, with a $4 million signing bonus.

Seahawks fans reacted like spurned lovers.

A Seattle radio station played a remix of a Brown interview after signing with
            St. Louis. Repeated over and over were these Brown sound bites: "I'm not a
            prisoner to the business man" and "It's about winning."

Playing in the background was the Puff Daddy song, "It's All About the
            Benjamins."

Not long thereafter, Brown received a package in the mail from Washington.
            Enclosed was a Josh Brown Seahawks jersey kids size. Written in permanent
            marker over the jersey number front and back was the word "Traitor." No
            note was attached, just the "Traitor" jersey. Brown keeps it in his locker
            stall at Rams Park for motivation.

Even Seattle coach Mike Holmgren got in the act Wednesday during a conference
            call with St. Louis reporters. Asked what kind of reaction Brown will get
            Sunday at Qwest Field when the Rams visit Seattle, Holmgren replied, "I'm not
            going to tell you, but I kind of think I know what reaction he's going to get.
            He was a very popular guy here, and I think he broke a lot of hearts when he
            left. Let me just leave it at that."

Hasselbeck wasn't as coy.

"They'll boo him and they'll throw things at him," Hasselbeck said, only partly
            in jest. "They'll probably make him cry, to be honest. I know Josh. They'll
            probably make him cry."

Brown doesn't sound worried.

"I think that's Matthew trying to get smart," Brown said. "Matthew and I, we go
            back, and we're pretty good buddies. We've kind of taken our shots at each
            other here in the last day or so, and we keep giving each other ribbings on
            text messaging. But I am looking forward to being energized by the energy that
            crowd puts off. And I hope that my team has the same perspective."

Then in a not-so-veiled shot at Rams fans from Sunday's 41-13 loss...
            -09-19-2008, 05:11 AM
          • majorram
            Josh brown
            by majorram
            GUYS is he the NEW money.. WOWWWWW

have not stoped smiling!!!

steve:ram:
            -10-12-2008, 02:37 PM
          • RamWraith
            Brown fills void of Wilkins' retirement
            by RamWraith
            ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Josh Brown isn't intimidated by his role replacing the kicker known as "Money" for his clutch efforts.

Jeff Wilkins, 35, retired from the St. Louis Rams after last season, citing chronic leg and lower back woes. Wilkins had 1,223 points and 265 field goals for the Rams and was a big part of their glory days, including the teams that won Super Bowl 34 and lost Super Bowl 36. He converted nearly 81 percent of his 328 attempts for St. Louis.

To replace him, the Rams signed the free agent Brown, who for years was a thorn in their side when he kicked for Seattle.

Brown, 28, signed a five-year, $14.2 million contract on the first day of free agency in March, making him one of the league's highest-paid kickers. The contract included a $4 million signing bonus, the NFL's largest for a kicker.

"People want to know why a kicker is getting this kind of money," Brown said Tuesday as the Rams (2-1) prepared for their preseason finale on Thursday at Kansas City "The thing is you got to go out and play and that's what I'm going to do."

Brown said he knew Wilkins casually as a player before but has gotten to know him since signing with St. Louis.

"I'm taking over big shoes here," Brown said. "I know that. That's the cool part of the job. I'm coming from a place where I was successful and I'm stepping in for somebody that was successful.

"Hopefully, that success doesn't die off."

Brown, who spent the last five seasons with Seattle, was seventh in the league in scoring in 2007 with a career-high 127 points, including 28 of 34 field goals. His career field goal success rate is 80 percent.

Like Wilkins, he's had success when it mattered most. He tied an NFL record with four game-winning field goals in the final minute of regulation or overtime in 2006, and two of them beat the Rams, costing St. Louis an NFC West championship, with the Seahawks winning the division at 9-7 and the Rams going 8-8.

In preseason, Brown is perfect on four extra-point attempts and has missed one of four field-goal attempts. Brown hooked a 50-yard attempt wide left at the end of the first half against San Diego in the second preseason game and in his first home game for the Rams.

"I've figured out the fans around here are pretty relentless," Brown said. "They want perfection. So, that's what we're attempting to give them every time we go out there."

St. Louis is a good fit for Brown, who is from Tulsa, Okla., and played college football at Nebraska. He also likes the idea of kicking indoors.

"I wanted to be closer to my family but when you get the opportunity to play in a dome with our position, you take it," Brown said. "It can prolong your career. I'm excited about this."

-08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
          • evil disco man
            Josh Brown drops Devin Hester
            by evil disco man
            WWE style!

:l

-jake-
            -03-01-2008, 07:30 PM
          • maltz88
            Josh Brown
            by maltz88
            Hello Ram fans.

Son of a gun, another freakin nail biter yesterday.

One thing that is for sure with this rivalry between the hawks and rams; it doesn't matter how either team is playing up to that point, when these two teams face each other it is going to come down to the wire.

I just had one quick question. What is your impression of Josh Brown? I don't want to pick open any healing scabs, but just curious of what the rivals think of him.

In my view he has certainly put himself in with the upper echelon kickers in the conference, as far as being clutch under pressure.
            -11-13-2006, 02:59 PM
          Working...
          X