Keith Null for next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Null for next year?

Keith Null wants the opportunity to be the starting QB for the St. Louis Rams next year..... so, what do ya'll think?

I say yes, and hear are my reasons.

In Keith's first 4 starts I think we've seen substantial increase in his QBing ability. I know most of you will say, well his QB Rating is... IDK, really really really low? But, i hate to break it to you guys, so are the top three rookie QBs this year!!!! The chances of us drafting a QB in the draft next year (regardless of round) that will have stats similar to Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan's rookie seasons are slim and none.

Ok, let's start by reviewing the top three selected rookie QBs this year. '

1. Matt Stafford: in my opinion Stafford had a very solid rookie year... he showed that he can make all the neccessary pro throws, and given time, he can develop the intangibles needed to become a solid, not great, but solid, starting QB for roughly 5-7 years in the NFL. IMO thats good production out of any starting QB taken in the draft. Stats: 13 Tds, 20 Ints

2. Mark Sanchez: this guy is the epitome of a bum. I think if Keith Null and Mark Sanchez switched places, Keith would be doing far better than Sanchez. Sanchez played for a playoff caliber team, and still only managed 12 TDs and 20 picks.... pathetic, If Mark is given a chance next year (which he obviously will) so should Null

3. Josh Freeman: a solid QB, who has good mobility and a powerful arm. Needs to make better reads, but has shown good leadership qualities in leading a terrible team to each of their three victories this season. Probably at the level of Stafford. Stats: 10 tds, 18 ints

So, i give these records of these three rookies to say that Null really isnt that bad... in comparison with these three players. Given some time to work over the offseason, a revamped and healthy offensive line, and some decent receivers, i think we can see Keith Null take a huge jump next year if he's given a chance to start at QB from the beginning. Hell, even in our game yesterday against the *****, we saw when he had to leave with an injury, our offense literally fell apart...

All opinions welcome...
    Start Keith Null in 2010
    17.54%
    Sit Keith Null in 2010
    82.46%

Re: Keith Null for next year?

Null competes for the starting job with anyone brought onto the roster. Nobody is GIVEN anything at this point. If the Rams draft someone in the 3rd round and bring in a free agent, maybe Null beats them all out. Maybe he never starts another game in the NFL. It's up to his production in camp and preseason and how he impresses the coaches.

Comment

How does anybody see anything in Keith Null? He's downright awful. I've never seen a quarterback with worse vision in the field or decision-making skills.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rammer View Post
        How does anybody see anything in Keith Null? He's downright awful. I've never seen a quarterback with worse vision in the field or decision-making skills.
        I'm guessing you've never seen Mark Sanchez play then? Jamarcus Russell either? Take a gander at Josh Freeman too.... my point is man, that while these QBs (except Russell) may pan out, you can only expect so much from a QB who's only started 4 games with no o-line and a slot receiver and a 5 stringer playing your number 1 and 2 receiver positions...

Let's give the guy a chance...

Comment

I think he competes for the job with Rielly and other player (QB Rusty Smith) drafted but takes most of the snaps with first unit on team.
          If he beats them outright he is the starter.......Troy Aikman was 1-15 his first year.
          If it doesn't work out QB Jake Locker 1st pick next season.

Comment

I selected sit him because I don't want to say start him unless he shows improvement. Had "Let him compete for the start" been an option, that would have been my choice.

gap

Comment

Do you think he even had a chance in the whiner game. The O-line needs to be fixed first .

Death to any QB behind that line in Whiner game.

Comment

I also want to start as the Rams QB. I guess that means that Null and I have 2 things in common. :o

If he's playing next year, that should be taken as a sign that some apocalyptic injury disaster has once again struck. Otherwise, ride the pine.

Comment

Actually, Jamarcus Russell played very well against the Ravens yesterday. Good accuracy, good pocket presence, incredible arm strength like always...he may be a solid guy in the future.

For Keith Null, it's way too early to name him the starter for this franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post
                    Actually, Jamarcus Russell played very well against the Ravens yesterday. Good accuracy, good pocket presence, incredible arm strength like always...he may be a solid guy in the future.

Except for when he threw that int, and he didnt have good enough pocket awareness to see the sack coming that resulted in the fumble.

On to Keith null, if he competes for the starting job next year and wins it, then i will support the decision until it is proven wrong by his decisions and choices on the field. Just like i will with any other QB that starts for us. But as for him being the guaranteed starter for next year. NO.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post
                      Exactly. There may be some hidden potential in KN just waiting to be developed ... but not proven enough to think of him as a starter, at least not yet. The Rams will / should come up with a better, more viable solution.

Comment

My bad fellas, i misworded this post's poll... what i should've put is that Keith Null should have the opportunity to compete for a starting job, not be given the starting job. That's my blunder right there... but yes, i do think Keith should be given a fighting chance to start and should not have to fight his way from THIRD string QB even if he loses the fight for #1 QB.

Comment

I think Null deserves a chance to compete next year for the starting job. Do I think he'll win? Not a chance in hell. But he's a raw talent, maybe there's a chance for him to hang onto the third string job another year and make more progress.

The part of the post that caught my eye was this statement....

Hell, even in our game yesterday against the *****, we saw when he had to leave with an injury, our offense literally fell apart...
                          You mean, the offense that scored a grand total of 3 points through 3 quarters of play? That offense?

Comment

I think Null should be given the opportunity to win the job in an open competition in camp. On a 1-15 team, why not? There are things I like about Null, and i think he has shown some things that lead me to believe he can play in the NFL. But I voted to sit him merely because I don't think he's ready to be anointed as next year's starter. If he wins the position in camp, then yes, he should start.

Comment

UUUgh, this is what it has come to. Voting for null to sit or start. I need something to "Null" the Pain. If this is our best option, get ready for another anemic offensive year.

Comment