... are the Rams better off?
    Yes, the Rams are better off.
    83.52%
    No, the Rams are worse off.
    6.59%
    No difference.
    9.89%

Re: After 1 year of Spags/Devaney...

Well basically to say anything besides "Yes" would be saying that they were better off with Linehan and Co.........

nuff said?

Comment

Vastly better off then linehan

Comment

Better off yes, are we a better team, I'll hold my opinion untill later.
        sigpic

Comment

I say no difference, just because of the one win...but however ask me this question at the end of the offseason and I will say yes we are better off...We already have a better fundamental mindset on our team

Comment

To be precise, Line#%$ was gone well over 1 year ago (remember, he was fired mid-season).

The question is more about whether you think Spags/Devaney have made progress in the last 12 months.

Comment

No difference. Maybe worse. There is no talent on this team at the skill positions other than Jackson. Yesterday showed that a good offense will beat a good defense more than they will lose to one. It's the way of the new NFL. These guys better get some players at WR, QB, TE and RB (yes, it takes more than one in the NFL these days) or the Rams won't win more than 2 games next year. If that.

Comment

I think we are better off. While "the purge" (see my sig) was painful, it was also necessary. The Rams can now move forward and build a team, rather than trying to hold on to the past. There are many holes, but the Rams have a star RB in Jackson, some young and improving players, and the draft choices and cap room (which, even in an uncapped year, has value for a team lacking unlimited resources) to acquire more talent.

One year from now, if I ask the question again, I'm betting everyone will see the improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan View Post
                  No difference. Maybe worse. There is no talent on this team at the skill positions other than Jackson. Yesterday showed that a good offense will beat a good defense more than they will lose to one. It's the way of the new NFL. These guys better get some players at WR, QB, TE and RB (yes, it takes more than one in the NFL these days) or the Rams won't win more than 2 games next year. If that.
                  Hmm, lets see.

Jason Brown brought in, upgrade. James Butler, upgrade. Jason Smith, Upgrade. JLau, Upgrade. Releasing Draft (Older guy), downgrade i guess. Releasing Witherspoon (older guy) (downgrade) and acquired a promising young rookie and another draft pick to further our development. Laurant Robinson, upgrade. Releasing Cogs, upgrade.

The stable cleaning this team took this year will be better in the long run for sure. Got rid of older guys that did indeed help the team for the present but were cap hogs and on the decline in their career. Brought in fresh young talents at needed positions. Saw half of those acquisitions go down before we they could bear some real fruit.

So did the Rams overall get worse? Technically in terms of experience, yes. In terms of talent, no i disagree. We got more talent and bang for the buck and we really didn't get to cash in on it because of meddlesome injuries that crippled us. Our foundation is pretty much set. We're now in a position to add playmakers. One we weren't in last year as we needed even mroe than we do now.

Comment

I'd reserve my judgement for the later year, the best thing to do is have faith in the guy. He wants us to move forward, create our own legacy rather than keep looking back on the Greatest Show on Turf. He stands the test of time and the real question is, is he able to pull a Chuck Noll of 1969 Steelers or a Jimmy Johnson of the 1989 Dallas Cowboys?

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

If 2010 is uncapped, the entire purge was a complete waste of energy and time and hurt the team's performance in 2009. I doubt they are really better off because of the lack of free agents that will be available.

If 2010 is capped, they might be better off but they did the easy part. Cutting players is easy and doesn't take a lot of skill. Evaluating talent and signing free agents that fit your mold is the tough part and it's all still a complete unknown.

The 2009 draft looked good for rounds #2, 3 and 4. Justin Smith is still a major question mark because he had such limited playing time.

As with rating the draft, you can't tell if we are better off until you look back 2-3 years later. The Rams will have a much clearer picture March 5th.

Comment

Clearly better off. If you can't see it .... maybe your blind?
                        If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Comment

I'm with Txsramfan, we're worse. Not because of Spags, I believe it has to do more with cleaning up the mess and starting from scratch considering that this situation had spun out of control before he even got there, even "IF" Linehan had a better record. I "DO" believe we will turn the corner with spags.

Comment

Defensively the nucleus is strong, young, and evident with OJ, Lauranatis, Long, Bartell, and Ryan. Upgrade over this time last year. The 0-line also a strong young group. One of the main problems on this team was injury and those young promising players getting hurt. The O-line could have become an even more dominant young line if Bell and Smith were healthy and Grecco had gotten the nod earlier. Also both Barron and Cogs getting the boot.

Health was a major issues. A healthy Robinson and Avery all year would have been great. All 4 of our young promising starters in the secondary were banged up 2 ending on IR. Bottom line guys like Robinson, Avery, Fletcher, Bell, Smith, and OJ stay healthy and Chris Long and Grecco playing more early in the year would have been paramount. Devaney and company would have solidified there young talent as major pieces for the future.

Comment

This is an easy one..........we're clearly better off now than we were 12 months ago.
                              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment