The Rams and the NFL, What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rams and the NFL, What to do?

I think we should consider what the NFL wants, as opposed to who will buy the Rams and where they will be located. I have mentioned on here before that I read the NFL wants to have a Super Bowl in L. A. to commerate Super Bowl 1, on the 50th anniversary. ( I believe it was the L. A. Times a few months back.) The sale of the team has to be approved by the league. The relocation if any has to be approved by the league. The acceptance of a new owner has to be approved by the league.

The NFL is in control here. I took into consideration that and the league wants football back in L. A. and they plan to host SuperBowl 50 there.

If you were the NFL and Roski has the land and an approved enviromental report, with little or no taxpayer dollars, it would seem behind the scenes with the NFL, things are probably looking pretty good at this point. The television revenues and or an upcoming contract for those revenues might be another factor. L. A. is thier 2nd largest market.

I then took into consideration that the possibility of a brand new outdoor stadium could be built and ready to play in for SUPERBOWL 50, might be really hard for the league to pass up. How exciting would it be for the league to have a triumphant return to L. A. with the Rams returning home and the league hosting it's first SuperBowl in 15 or 20 yrs in LOS ANGELES?

I believe that now that the Rams are in play, the NFL has to be looking at this carefully after all the Rams were here in L. A. for 49 yrs, I'll say it again 49 yrs, and as others have mentioned still have an existing fan base. The NFL never wanted the Rams to move in the first place.

Then as we all know Chip opened the door to the highest bidder after expressing he wanted to keep the Rams in St Louis if he could.

Then you can take into consideration the Rams are in the NFC west, how many other things are coming together.

I think so many things make sense here. THE STARS ARE ALIGNING PERFECTLY!!

I think there's way more at work here than just the Rams situation.

I never would have guessed that Georgia's passing might have facilitated the Rams return to L. A.

Ljsrams aka Les

Re: The Rams and the NFL, What to do?

I am willing to bet money on the rams staying St. Louis. St. Louis has supported this franchise during a sad losing streak into a rebuilding era, I doubt that there will be a move as there is more then enough team support in the Lou.

Comment

Originally posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
      I am willing to bet money on the rams staying St. Louis. St. Louis
      Really... how much? ;)
      LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

I am willing to bet money on the rams staying St. Louis. St. Louis has supported this franchise during a sad losing streak into a rebuilding era, I doubt that there will be a move as there is more then enough team support in the Lou.
        Should I drag out NFL attendance averages, or should I just simply point out that a quarter of our home games have been blacked out the last 4 years?

What support the Rams have in St. Louis is a mile deep and an inch wide.

Comment

My guess is that if the RAMS are sold they will be moved to LONDON. The NFL wants to go International and this will be the 1st move.

Doesn't really matter to me.

:helmet:

Comment

Listening to local talk, the Rams are unlikely to be moved out of Saint Louis, let alone LA. Saint Louis is a great fan base that sells out when the team has even a remotely good record. We have been blacked out in recent years because we have been absolutely abysmal to watch. With the celebrities in LA and championship teams all thorughout. How do you think LA will take to a losing franchise. The home games were sold out at the beginning of the season. It's simply hard to keep watching a team that gets blew out by the Seahags in their season opener and proceed to stink up the joint while barely beating a team that went winless the year before..

I doubt they'd sell out anywhere, let alone LA. Saint Louis loves the Rams and are committed to seeing a winning product on the field. I see more people wearing Rams jerseys and coats (mainly 99 rams) then any other team outside of baseball season.

This is one of the best sports towns in America.

Comment

You know what? The Redbird Nation propaganda doesn't work with me. St. Louis as a town would miss the Rams for about a year, and then settle on going to bars before first pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by PeoriaRam View Post
                Should I drag out NFL attendance averages, or should I just simply point out that a quarter of our home games have been blacked out the last 4 years?

What support the Rams have in St. Louis is a mile deep and an inch wide.
                Alot of people dont have money right now and dont want to go see a team that will most likely lose, that doesnt mean that they dont support the team to the fullest. When game are televised regionally they have incredibly high ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMSY57 View Post
                  My guess is that if the RAMS are sold they will be moved to LONDON. The NFL wants to go International and this will be the 1st move.

Doesn't really matter to me.

:helmet:
                  That's me moving back to the UK .

As someone who has little emotional capital invested in StL or LA, I'd just point out that the whole reason the Rams moved was because attendances were awful in LA and there was no real movement to actually keep them.

We should have gone back to Cleveland where they support their team when they're not even there.
                  Last edited by Fat Pang; -01-28-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Alot of people dont have money right now and dont want to go see a team that will most likely lose, that doesnt mean that they dont support the team to the fullest. When game are televised regionally they have incredibly high ratings.
                    If we're televised outside of St. Louis, we're usually playing a good, well supported opponent. Perhaps that's why ratings are high.

Comment

Originally posted by PeoriaRam View Post
                      If we're televised outside of St. Louis, we're usually playing a good, well supported opponent. Perhaps that's why ratings are high.
                      I said regionally, when a game is sold out and it is shown around St. Louis, it has very good rating around the St. Louis area. Even when they are not playing a top tier opponent.

Edit: Spelling and grammar.

Comment

I said regionally, when a game is sold out and it is shown around St. Louis, it has very good rating around the St. Louis area. Even when they are not playing a top tier opponent.

Edit: Spelling and grammar.
                        How good? Top rated network show good? Better than the Blues good?

Comment

forget the post I made, there's no point. Some one please delete it.
                          Last edited by BrokenWing; -01-29-2010, 12:46 AM.
                          "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

I don't see the Rams going back to L.A..... Keep Dreaming L.A..

Comment

If you were the NFL and Roski has the land and an approved enviromental report, with little or no taxpayer dollars, it would seem behind the scenes with the NFL, things are probably looking pretty good at this point. The television revenues and or an upcoming contract for those revenues might be another factor. L. A. is thier 2nd largest market.
                              Good points. I bet you're right.....the Jags are probably moving to LA.
                              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X